E3 Presentation Narrated by Sean Bean

Well as for voice matching the lines remember they completely redid the whole diplomacy system in civ 5 after release. So the lines were recorded to match a completely different script.

The music is awesome, especially around the time the game first begins.

I have to say, Cleo's and TR's VAs definitely sounded a caliber above many of Civ5's voice actors. I noticed that TR's lines matched the written dialogue; I hope this holds true generally and that the leaders have more lines overall.

I'm going out on a limb here but the same seems to be true for Cleopatra as well, even if I'm only basing that on her saying "Amun Ra" and "keme" (Egypt) :p

I'm going out on a limb here but the same seems to be true for Cleopatra as well, even if I'm only basing that on her saying "Amun Ra" and "keme" (Egypt) :p

I noticed that as well. As someone who has previously only experienced written Coptic, I have to say it has an aesthetically pleasing sound, or at least it does to me.

I liked the presentation and Sean Bean is a good choise as a narrator.

Brace yourselves, Civ is coming :cooool:

I liked the presentation and Sean Bean is a good choise as a narrator.

Brace yourselves, Civ is coming :cooool:
The best part of him being the game narrator (if he is) is all the Game of Thrones references I'd be making as I play.

...I'd be making those references anyway, but they'd be way more amusing this way.

The best part of him being the game narrator (if he is) is all the Game of Thrones references I'd be making as I play.

...I'd be making those references anyway, but they'd be way more amusing this way.

As one of the rare people who has an intense dislike for GoT/Song of Ice and Fire, any references they slip in will be lost on me, but Sean Bean is an excellent actor and voice actor with a very pleasing voice; he will be a nice relief from old Dry and Boring from Civ5. :D Still wish they could have gotten Avery Brooks, though.

I've never seen "Game of Thrones". The only thing I know about Sean Bean is all the internet gags about how he dies in everything he's in. And, after watching the presentation, I know he's from the North of England.

Nothing against Mr. Bean . . . uh, I mean Sean Bean . . . but I wish Leonard Nimoy would come back. I don't mean they should get him back in as narrator, since I understand why that's not possible. Just, in general, I wish he'd come back.

I've never seen "Game of Thrones". The only thing I know about Sean Bean is all the internet gags about how he dies in everything he's in. And, after watching the presentation, I know he's from the North of England.

Nothing against Mr. Bean . . . uh, I mean Sean Bean . . . but I wish Leonard Nimoy would come back. I don't mean they should get him back in as narrator, since I understand why that's not possible. Just, in general, I wish he'd come back.

If Leonard Nimoy would come back I would freak out given Nimoy passed away over a year ago.

Besides, it's narration and after a while people stop listetning to them since it gets grating really fast to hear the same thing over and over again.

Undead voice actors have not yet gained much acceptance in wider society; most companies find it considerably less controversial to hire the living. ;) But I'd be all for another Trek alum. *cough*Avery Brooks*cough*

Undead voice actors have not yet gained much acceptance in wider society; most companies find it considerably less controversial to hire the living. ;) But I'd be all for another Trek alum. *cough*Avery Brooks*cough*

They could always get Hwil Hweaton.

As one of the rare people who has an intense dislike for GoT/Song of Ice and Fire, any references they slip in will be lost on me, but Sean Bean is an excellent actor and voice actor with a very pleasing voice; he will be a nice relief from old Dry and Boring from Civ5. :D Still wish they could have gotten Avery Brooks, though.
Even as a huge A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones fan, I hope they don't actually slip any references into the game. That'd just be silly IMO. (I'm fine with leaders being silly. Narrators less so. And the silliness should be historical references anyway IMO.) Anyway, anything I make up will be much funnier (to me) anyway. :)

This appears to confirm space race victory.

But I'll have to sin the preview for the narrator surviving the entire preview.

Top Bottom