Early Rush Required on EMP/IMM/DEITY ?

Goon Bag

Chieftain
It looks like an early rush is generally required on these levels? Otherwise, the AI develops faster than the player. (for example, WastinTime's 5 million point inca game)

Also, what is the best way to defeat an early city that is defended by 2 or 3 archers?

It looks like an early rush is generally required on these levels? Otherwise, the AI develops faster than the player. (for example, WastinTime's 5 million point inca game)

Also, what is the best way to defeat an early city that is defended by 2 or 3 archers?

From everything I've gathered about deity (I have won 1 Emperor level, and lost~8), the short answer is no. In fact, unless you are Incan, your early rush will probably fail. That being said, if you want to set a Hall of Fame score, it's going to require the player to start the "snowball" very early ie rushing.

If you can settle at least 5-7 cities, you can usually catch up and win the Liberalism race, and then war with cuirassiers/rifles/canons (or go culture or space race). At least for emperor/immortal, I don't have any experience with deity.

If you have copper, get 2 axemen per archer (so 6 axemen for 3 archers). It's usually worth it getting a barrack for city raider promotion (even more if the city is on a hill). If you don't have copper but have horses, you can try with chariots but they are weaker and can't get city raider, so if the city is on a hill it could be very painful.

It's always a matter of numbers and speed.

If you have a good early rush unit available (quechuas / war chariots / immortals / vultures etc.) and a rushable civ nearby it's generally cheaper to build some units and get some territory early. Even if you don't have any special units and have to settle for prod resources it's often a good idea to steal some workers from a civ. That way you don't have to build them yourself and you will also slow down the progress of that civ for a later attack. However, if I can get 5-6 great city sites peacefully I usually wait until cuirs.

Top Bottom