Earth 2010

Download Here

Description: A mod/scenario of the earth in the present day. Uses a slightly modified version of the Earth18Civs map. Thirty-five civs are present on the map, including all G-20 member states and all nuclear powers. The mod consists of a few new units, techs, buildings, and improvements; nukes that are more powerful and can only be built by civs that have built a weapons program; a UN mission national wonder that allows smaller civs the opportunity for diplomatic victory; and some other minor adjustments.

Feedback and suggestions for how I can improve my scenario are appreciated. :)

Edit: UPDATES (latest update added Dec. 15, 2012)
Spoiler :

Update 6 (7.62 MB download)
Extract to Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
Answer "yes to all" when asked to replace existing files
Update 6 (12/15/2012)
Changes
-Added fixed borders
-Improved minor nations' militaries so they don't delete them at the start
-Implemented variable unit costs
-Added a new unique building
-Added a new unit (computer virus) and building (firewall)
-Implemented some graphical changes (better buttons/buildings, new menu, etc)
-Updated the map

NOTE: As of Aug. 8, 2011, updates 1-5 have been included in the main download. If you downloaded the main download after that date, you do not need to download those updates.

Update 5 (6.74 MB download)
Note: This is not a cumulative update. Please download Updates 2, 3, & 4 first if you have not already done so.

Changes:
-Added a new civ (Taiwan)
-Implemented some graphical changes (new LH, 2 new UUs, better gamefont)
-Added new unit (Special Forces) and reworked the terrorist unit slightly

Update 4 (3.01 MB download)
Note: This is not a cumulative update. Please download Updates 2 & 3 first if you have not already done so.

Changes:
-Added three new wonders: Sydney Opera House, Bollywood, & the BBC
-Replaced existing corporations with 18 real-life corporations
-Added unique air units and rebalanced some existing units
-Added more aluminum resources to the map

Update 3 (2.73 MB download)
Note: This is not a cumulative update. Please download Update 2 first if you have not already done so.

Changes:
-Added more unit diversity and tweaked some existing units
-Added promotions to some existing units on the map to simulate combat experience for some of the troops of nations that have recently been involved in conflicts

Update 2 (359 KB download)
Note: This is a cumulative update. You do not need Update 1 if you do not already have it.

Changes:
-Added scrolling scoreboard feature (from mod by johny smith)
-Added a new civics category
-Adjusted some of the units' attributes and added a new unit
-Added more troops to the Korean peninsula
-Created defensive pacts between US, Canada, and Europe to represent NATO
-Redid button art for units

I've played about 50 turns as Canada so far, and I'd like to say that it's great! Jus a couple things though:
1. America's culture is overwhelming Canada, most cities are having "we wish to join the motherland" riots
2. Some Canadian troops in Afghanistan
3. Mabye a barb city in the Afghani mountains to represent the terrorists hideout
Thats my 2 cents
thanks

Wow!!! This is great! I have been waiting for something like this for years!!! Congrats on everything you have done so far! I just started playing and the balance looks really good!

Thanks for the feedback.

@GreatLordofPie
You're right, Canada was getting overwhelmed culturally. I have tried to fix this in the update I am releasing today by giving Canada a wonder, making them start with the Free Speech civic, and removing the ability of cities to enter "we wish to join the motherland" riots (although unhappiness from "motherland" issues remains). As for Afghanistan, I have gone back and added a few troops from coalition nations that I had forgotten were still there when I made the map.

@Mr. Simpson
Do you get an error message when it crashes, and if so, what does it say? If there is a message I might be able to address the issue.

When I try to down load this mod I get the following:
"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

:confused:but other items on site, I can down load, what is up?:crazyeye:

@David Smith
Sorry about that; I changed the download database page for this scenario today (added a link and details for a minor update), which is why it went back into the queue. Until it has been reapproved, here are the direct links to the files:
Original Scenario (~69 MB download)
Update 1 (176 KB download)

Thanks for the feedback.

@Mr. Simpson
Do you get an error message when it crashes, and if so, what does it say? If there is a message I might be able to address the issue.

No, what happens is that it goes back to deskopt like it always do when you try and load a mod, but instead of going into the game again a windows error pops up that there's been a problem and that the application had to be closed.

EDIT: It did work once I updated the game to the newest version. You may wanna put that in the download description that you need the newest version of BTS for the mod to work. Thanks for making this.

Brilliant. Thanks for making a 2010 mod!!

Request: Could your possibly incorporate a scrolling scoreboard? I know this exists as a standalone, or else could merge with REV DCM.

As there are more than 18 civs, the top civs' scores do NOT appear on my screen :(

Edit: Just started a game as the UK. No tactical nukes? The UK's nukes are launched fom subs, so they should have i guess a couple of subs with nukes (i don't know how you've scaled), but not ICBM.

@Adhesive86
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely add a scrolling scoreboard in the next update. That was quite an oversight on my part not to incorporate such a feature into the original mod. Concerning the UK and nukes, I'm not quite sure how to address this issue: on the one hand, you are right that they launch their nukes from subs, but on the other hand, these nukes are all ICBMs, so to represent both of these aspects in game I'd probably have to let subs transport ICBMs. I'm not sure if I want to do that, but I'll think about it.

@Adhesive86
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely add a scrolling scoreboard in the next update. That was quite an oversight on my part not to incorporate such a feature into the original mod. Concerning the UK and nukes, I'm not quite sure how to address this issue: on the one hand, you are right that they launch their nukes from subs, but on the other hand, these nukes are all ICBMs, so to represent both of these aspects in game I'd probably have to let subs transport ICBMs. I'm not sure if I want to do that, but I'll think about it.

Thanks re the scoreboard, that'd be great.

Re the subs/ ICBMs, I can follow your logic here. Perhaps it is not of great importance, especially with SDI presumably a good while away from being built. A sub carrying ICBMs i suppose would only be useful in evacuating ICBMs from cities that are in danger of falling, since ICBMs have unlimited range.

Another little thing: UK also has no defence pact with Canada or US in the game, despite that they're all in NATO. UK seems only to have pacts with European allies.

Finally, I really enjoy playing the scenario - I think the selection of nations and amount of them is just right to provide a good level of realism and a large enough map without running into the sort of performance issues of a 50+ civ DLL. I noticed when playing that despite turning off time victory, I was still getting the turn countdown. I didn't finish, but does this mean that the scenario is limited in turns? If so this would be a shame as there is so much opportunity to play on with this scenario - I'd like to take the UK or maybe even a smaller state like North or South Korea and try to become the number one power, but this just doesn't seem possible within the allocated turns.

Babarian King; Really great mod/scenario, something I've been waiting on for years - alot of possibilities with this...
:good job:

However... - I cant negotiate with "European Union" etc... Some of the names are hidden..
Does anyone know if that mean it isn't possible? (sorry i'm not that experienced)

However... - I cant negotiate with "European Union" etc... Some of the names are hidden..
Does anyone know if that mean it isn't possible? (sorry i'm not that experienced)

Hellan, do you mean the large nations are not visible on the right of your screen? (USA, China, Russia, EU etc).

If so, this is because this mod has more nations than most and the list runs off the end of the screen.

This is going to be fixed in the next release; in the meantime you can contact all leaders via the diplomacy menu. (I'm at work, but i think it is 'f4', from memory, for a shortcut to the diplomacy menu)

Hope this helps

Adhesive, yeah... That's what I meant! ;) Otherwise I allready figured it out, though it took me an hour or so. lol (not a big shortcut player) ;) Atleast I learned something new, so now I know.. hehe

Otherwise, really good balance in the mod... I'll definete keep an eye out for any releases! Great work!

Great work! (I alredy left a comment in the download section). I wonder what should I do to increase the number of turns (or set the October 2021 victory condition later in the future). Selecting "Marathon" or "Epic" does not have any effect on this.

Thank you very much,

odaniel

For everyone who wants to extend the time limit on this scenario, here are two options:

1. Edit the file. Go to Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Earth 2010\PublicMaps, right click on the Earth 2010 worldbuilder save and select Open With-->Word Pad (or any other text editor), and change the number assigned to MaxTurns (see picture in spoiler tags) to however long you want the game to last.
Spoiler :

OR

2. Download this and extract to Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ (Note: you need to have Update 2 installed for this to work properly [see the OP]). It will add a new map named Custom Earth 2010, which is just the normal map without any preset victory conditions. This will allow you to choose which victory conditions you want by loading it as a custom scenario. (Note: using this method the timed victory will be the standard 500 turns).

Attachments

• Map Edit.jpg
    Map Edit.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 20,687
Would you like to join forces with me, Barbarian King? I'm still working on a Total Conversion World 2010 mod, and it would be nice if we could help each other out!

@ Bahmo

That is an interesting proposition; I'll give it some thought and get back to you.
Edit: Let's discuss this in this thread

Top Bottom