1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 2014

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by Barbarian King, Feb 25, 2014.

1. tommygun983

tommygun983 Chieftain

Every time I try to play the map, it just exits out of the game, so the map wont work at all. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. Narn

Narn Warlord

edit- nevermind couldnt figure out how to start it all but figured it out

3. RaoulJWZ

RaoulJWZ Chieftain

I only have Saudi Arabia in my nations list.
    How can I fix this?

4. RaoulJWZ

RaoulJWZ Chieftain

I fixed that now, but I can't use spies and there aren't any
    city states. So I wanted to download a patch, but I can't find where I can
    download it. So where can I do that?

thanks

5. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

You're welcome. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. And those are good suggestions. I was already planning on increasing the range of ICBMs, but I did not know that they can be killed by nukes, so I'll change that as well. I'll also give Turkey a defensive pact with the other NATO countries.

No, I plan to keep the start date the same, as I did with my similar scenario for Civ4 (Earth 2010).

Did you remember to check "Load Scenario"? And have you tried the smaller (standard size) of the scenarios?

If the city states aren't loading, that makes me suspect that your version of BNW is out of date (this mod uses a city-state that was added in a patch). Make sure to set Civ5 to auto-update on Steam, and that should fix it for you.

6. BlinkShot159

BlinkShot159 Chieftain

Why cant i choose another civ than arabia or america?And why have city states disappeared?

7. macfly973

macfly973 Chieftain

Hello, I have some trouble.

I DL this mod but when i try to lauch a scenario, it crashed during the loading, whatever map size or leaders or language. I didn't read all the pages but i loaded correctly the mod (i guess) and i have the DLC.

Please help

8. dingus88

dingus88 Chieftain

I registered just to thank you for making this mod... so thanks, Barbarian King!

I have been waiting for a mod like this since Civ5 came out, and haven't played anything else whatsoever since I found this mod. I have played several 300-400 turn games and have encountered almost no problems.

Do you have any idea if/when the update with the indestructible/longer range nukes might come out? That would be great, because it is too easy to load up on nukes and then wipe out big civs (USA, China, Russia) with sneak attacks. I also love the idea posted of giving the USA and Russian a bunch more subs with nukes.

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to start Israel off with a larger army and several nukes. Maybe give them a special building that allows them to have more units. When I play that map (the giant one), they always seem to get destroyed by Turkey or Saudi Arabia within the first dozen or two turns.

Keep up the great work! I really appreciate what you have done here and I'm sure I'm far from the only one.

9. khanasaurus

khanasaurus Chieftain

I downloaded this automatically from steam but it is not in mods, is it because of the load scenario option which i can't find? Please help me this is probably the best looking mod (North Korea Best Korea) i ve seen on steam

10. Delirious

Delirious Chieftain

I can only pick USA and Saudi Arabia. No other civs are even appearing in the list.
    How do I fix this?

11. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

Make sure you have the most updated version of CivV BNW. I've only seen this error occur for people who are running an outdated version.

Occasionally Steam doesn't install mods correctly. You can either download from one of the alternate hosting sites or try to troubleshoot. If you want to troubleshoot, check your mods folder to see if it downloaded the .civ5mod file. If it did, you can manually unzip it. If not, try unsubscribing and re-subscribing. If that doesn't work, then the alternate downloads are your best bet. Btw, the "Load Scenario" option only shows up after you've successfully loaded the mod and are setting up the game.

Did you remember to select "Load Scenario"? This mod only works with the scenarios. If you did select that, then also make sure you aren't running any other mods simultaneously (they might conflict). Other than that, I don't know of any solutions.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. As for the update, it should be out by the end of the month, but I've been busy of late and haven't gotten around to modding frequently enough to push out the update quickly. As for Israel, they should have nukes already, but I'll look into making them a bit stronger.

12. macfly973

macfly973 Chieftain

Thx for the answer. I guess the right answer would be to change my computer. I have some issues during the end of games on huge map. Your start looks like my end so my computer say "noway"

Does it exist on civ 4? I found it. Nice job man

13. khanasaurus

khanasaurus Chieftain

Thank you so much barbarian king. It turns out had errors with my mod folders. and I love earth 2014 and everything in it especially everything.

14. @@ahmet@@

@@ahmet@@ Chieftain

Firstly I must say to thank you so much barbarian king for this mod. I need your help please.. I applied all steps but I couldnt pass the loading screen when it was loading. it crashed suddenly and turn to windows screen. (Note: normally my game is working and I used brave new world)

15. EricNgui

EricNgui CPU of 1980's Planeptune

Is the Indonesian leader updated to Jokowi?

16. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

Yeah, this mod is fairly taxing on computers, so that is probably what is going on. Enjoy Earth 2010 until you upgrade!

Glad to hear you got it working and are enjoying it.

Can your machine run huge maps with all players in the modern age? Also, did you make sure that you aren't running any other mods simultaneously?

No, I have no plans to update any of the leaders as the political situation changes in the various nations represented in this mod. This scenario is intended to be a snapshot in time, not constantly updated representation of the present day.

17. EricNgui

EricNgui CPU of 1980's Planeptune

Fair enough. But, hey thanks for the scenario mod. It is been fantastic to play with. :goodjob:

18. dingus88

dingus88 Chieftain

Hey Barbarian King, any word on when the update will be finished?

Sorry if this seems like nagging, I'm not trying to bug ya, just finished mopping the floor with the world with India (Invaded entire Middle East, SEA, Russia, China, Korea, and USA by about 2035), and if there is an update coming in a couple days I don't want to start a new big game with the older version.

Hope you are doing well. Thanks again for all of the effort you are putting in to this.

If you are interested in tips for your work, post a Bitcoin address! I've got $30 in Bitcoin that I would send you right away as a way of saying thank you! Could be worth $30,000 in a couple years! Or zero, more likely zero. But at least you can buy things with it now!

Cheers mate!!

19. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

You're welcome. Glad you're enjoying it.

The update *should* be finished and ready for release this Saturday. There's nothing too revolutionary about it, gameplay wise, as it primarily adds polish, so it should still be compatible with saves. Although, if you enjoy playing on the Huge map I would delay starting a new game until after the release, as I decided it felt a bit too empty and so thought I'd add a few more cities...which soon became 20 more (mostly to city states, and mostly in Africa). More cities to befriend, more cities to conquer, or even more cities to nuke (with nukes that are now 40 range and nuke immune) should make it more enjoyable. Although, if you plan on using the full range of the nukes, I'd advise turning on quick animations. The nuke flight is fully animated, which makes for a rather looong wait as it flies halfway around the world. :crazyeye::nuke:

Also, I appreciate the offer of a tip, but that's not necessary. I enjoyed making it, playing it, and sharing it with others, which is plenty enough of a reward for a hobby.

Although, since you offered a tip, I will take a positive rating on my scenario's CFC page, if you don't mind... :mischief: It seems only dissatisfied customers have stopped by there, and I do have an ego to feed. It's a rapacious little guy. :king:

20. Greedybob

Greedybob Chieftain

On mac I move your mod folder to the MODS folder in civ 5, and the maps wouldn't show up. Then I copied and pasted the maps into my maps folder, and the map shows up, but when I select it and click load scenario the leaders are still the old portraits and the old names. Also when I try to launch a map then the game just crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Never mind fixed you make a kick ass mod!