Earth Enlarged Europe 34 Civs

Gamma

Chieftain
Earth Enlarged Europe 34 Civs

This is just the earth map from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization with an enlarged europe , with all 34 civs on it in mostly accurate starting positions. Marshes have been changed back to grassland or plains, but I don't think I made any other changes to the map. It includes a 50-civ dll.

There are 4 different maps:
EarthEnlargedEurope34Civs,
EarthEnlargedEurope34Civs - Celts Ireland,
EarthEnlargedEurope30Civs,
EarthEnlargedEurope - Random

I moved Gilgamesh to Israel-ish (away from Babylon), and the Ottomans to approximately Ankara. The 30-civ map (which I like better) removes Byzantium and Sumer, as well as Celtia (which crowds Europe a lot) and Holy Rome (which crowds Europe even more). The random map puts random civs onto the start locations.

Unzip and place the Earth Enlarged Europe 34 Civs folder in your one of you Mods folders.

EDIT 8-13-10: updated with better city names

Attachments

• EarthEurope34Civs.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,751
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 5,243
Thanks for this, any way of adding the city naming function from rhyes and fall?

For your knowledge, Bibracte isn't located on Ireland, but in the east of today's France. :)

@Dalgaard: Fierabras made something that should do that here, but I'm not sure how it works and you might have to know some python to get it working.

@Gurra09: I knew that, but I was just too lazy to bother changing the list. I could do that now if you like. Should I use modern Irish cities like Dublin, Cork, Belfast, etc?

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I've been on vacation for the past couple weeks.

Does this map work for LAN games? Cuz my friend and I both downloaded this, I believe correctly and when we host a game with it, it won't show up on the others lan menu.

Ok, I've updated it with a version with better city names. Just let me know if anyone thinks something else should be changed.

@Pyromkid: I don't know much about how multiplayer works, so I'm afraid I probably can't help much. Do both of you have the mod loaded when you're trying to play the map?

Ok, I've updated it with a version with better city names. Just let me know if anyone thinks something else should be changed.

@Pyromkid: I don't know much about how multiplayer works, so I'm afraid I probably can't help much. Do both of you have the mod loaded when you're trying to play the map?

Nevermind, I had to use it with the Direct IP connection and its working fine now. For some reason it doesnt work with LAN. Excellent map btw, one of my favs. The only problem is how crowded the score list gets :sad:

If you have BUG installed, there's an option to make the scoreboard lines closer or more spread out. You can have many more than 34 civs on the scoreboard and they're still on the screen and legible.

I'm sorry, what's BUG? I'm kinda new to this whole mod thing. Can u explain or maybe send a link or something. That'd be awsome

BtS Unaltered Gameplay. It's a mod that makes the game interface much more convenient and lets you see things more quickly than normal, while not changing any of the basic gameplay. Also BULL does even more of this , and BAT includes the other two and has improved graphics.

I cannot get 34 civs to load up in the Mod. Whatever I do I am limited to 18 civs. I have downloaded Lt. Bobs dll file (version 6.0) and placed it in the Mod folder, still no more than 18 civs show up.

Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

I downloaded this map and extracted the compressed file into my MOD folder. I downloaded Lt. Bobs 40 civ dll file and placed it in the MOD folder, and tried placing it in the EarthEnlargedEurope34 folder. Tried placing everything everywhere. I have tried just this download (without Lt. Bobs file). Have tried other maps (Genghis Kai's Giant Earth map) and never more than 18 civs to choose from when I start the game.

Is there some other adjustment that I need to do?

I have the 3.19 patch installed.

This mod has its own 50-civ dll, so the map won't work with a different dll. If you want to play this with Lt. Bobs dll, you have to first replace the dll file, then edit the worldbuildersave files with notepad to remove the slots for civs 40-49.

The download above is a mod on its own, you just have to put the "Earth Enlarged Europe 34 Civs" folder into a mod folder and it should work on its own.

Ok. Then I have done something wrong (perhaps in downloading the game itself from d2d). I have tried w/o Lt. Bob's. I extracted your files into the Games>BTS>MOD folder. When I do, I can start game>Advanced>Load a Mod and load your Mod. I can confirm that the Mod had been Loaded. After that I cannot find anything under any Scenario, nor can I find the Map (despite the Mod being loaded).

Sounds like I loaded the Mod correctly. Also sounds like I am too newb to know what to do next (how to launch the actual Earth map)

And thank you for the quick response and the maps. I really appreciate it.

Right place: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods (might differ due to D2D)
Wrong place: My Documents\my Games\BtS\Mods

This mod has its own 50-civ dll, so the map won't work with a different dll. If you want to play this with Lt. Bobs dll, you have to first replace the dll file, then edit the worldbuildersave files with notepad to remove the slots for civs 40-49.

:confused: that's wrong.
lt. bobs dll also just has that change in one number, nothing more.

...sorry I couldn't answer your question very well. I haven't done much Civ in the past year, and haven't looked back at this mod in that whole time until today :blush:

Hey all. First post here... and it may be the wrong place for it, but...

I'm having a small problem with this map (and all of the Earth Enlarged Europe maps based on Rhye's). When I found a city around Athens or Rome, eventually there are a couple of squares inside my border that my culture never spreads to. Around Crete or Corsica, depending. So, what I end up with is a couple of holes in my culture bubble.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Hey all. First post here... and it may be the wrong place for it, but...

I'm having a small problem with this map (and all of the Earth Enlarged Europe maps based on Rhye's). When I found a city around Athens or Rome, eventually there are a couple of squares inside my border that my culture never spreads to. Around Crete or Corsica, depending. So, what I end up with is a couple of holes in my culture bubble.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Not exactly sure, but I think culture only spreads a max of 2 tiles over water, so even if you have cities all around the Mediterranean some of the tiles in the middle won't fill in. You could probably get them anyway by putting cities on Corsica and Crete.

Top Bottom