Earth Maps

zappara

Mod Designer
There's bunch of earth maps (full and partial maps) on my hard disk waiting for conversion from BtS to RoM. I'll convert them from time to time and upload here.

The first maps are gigantic Carter's Earth map, one with 32 preset civs and one with random civs. I think these earth maps are larger than Genghis Khan's Giant Earth Map (GEM) so make sure you got high end computer for these maps.

Spoiler :

Unzip the maps to 'Rise of Mankind\Privatemaps' folder.

Attachments

• RoMCarterEarth.zip
    179.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • RoMCarterEarth.jpg
    RoMCarterEarth.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 6,297
This earth map is very unstable to use. It crashes very often. Mostly when one builds wonders and reaserch new techs.

For 32 civs map, you forgot to set Resources randomness option to false. I had to set it to false so I can STAY in the same starting place for China when I took out most of civs and just have four civs (Sumeria, Egypt, India and China).

Deleted. Messed up positions of civs mostly because I'm reluctant to go into Worldbuilder personally and hunt down every civs I don't want. So I used Notepad++ to edit out civs but that messed badly the positions of civs.

Until further notice, no 4 civs map yet.

Sweet os79. I'm going to try that one out. I guess that some other civilizations will start later on while I play?

What is the system req for playing Carters Map with 32 civilizations?

My system is: core duo E8500, vista 64, 4 gb ram.

So I guess that one needs far better processor and memory to play with that settings...

Sweet os79. I'm going to try that one out. I guess that some other civilizations will start later on while I play?

What is the system req for playing Carters Map with 32 civilizations?

My system is: core duo E8500, vista 64, 4 gb ram.

So I guess that one needs far better processor and memory to play with that settings...

Duo Core 2.3ghz, 3GB RAM here...
32 bit Windows 7

So you beat me in the system supremacy game.

Otherwise, you need to play and see...

Yes, with BarbarianCivs option on, there will be civs that come later. Plus revolutions if you play with it.

Forgot to add:

You need Nefertiti LH for that 4 civs map. It is in Megapack Custom Leaderhead. Just extract that folder to your RoM Custom LH, if you aren't using all these additional LHs already.

Standard and Huge Earth Maps that were formerly 12 and 18 preset civs respectively.
I have in these maps only three preset civs: Egypt, India and China).
Play with BarbarianCivs on, and REvoltuioons if you are into it as well, to see civs emerge later on.
Use Nefertiti LH from RoMFull or if you have Lite, just extract that LH to your Lite version.
Enjoy!

Update:

I removed the 4 civs maps of CarterMap and Giant Earth Map. Only maps for huge and standard earth maps remain because in the Notepad++, the civs I wanted were already in the first few entries so their positions were just right. However in CarterMap and GEM, I removed civs I didn't want want by notepad++ and that is a big mistake. :groan: I need to go into worldbuilder and hunt down, #$^&!, for every civ I want out then save that worldbuild. Not sure when it will be done with so until further notice, no four civs maps for CarterMap and GEM.

I have a question:

How the @#%^ do I erase civs from the map? I tried to go into worldbuilder and erase units belonging to a civ first thing after I start up the scenario. Then I saved the worldbuilder and start up that scenario to test to see if the civ is gone. It still is there but with units in the ocean, yikes! So how do I go about erasing civs so that I can only have four civs on? It would be very much appreciated if you can give me good solid step by step instructions on doing that :).

I have a question:

How the @#%^ do I erase civs from the map? I tried to go into worldbuilder and erase units belonging to a civ first thing after I start up the scenario. Then I saved the worldbuilder and start up that scenario to test to see if the civ is gone. It still is there but with units in the ocean, yikes! So how do I go about erasing civs so that I can only have four civs on? It would be very much appreciated if you can give me good solid step by step instructions on doing that :).

I use an older Vim, it used to be here?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=179437

then i use the older MapView.

Finally! I got CarterMap to have four civs preset (China, Egypt, Sumeria, and India).
Use Nefertiti LH from RoMFull version or extract that folder to your Lite version, or mod the map yourself to have another Egyptian LH.
BarbarianCivs option is already on. You can already turn on Revolutions yourself in Custom Game as well for spawing of civs later on in the game.
Enjoy!

PLUS another update:
Few posts above, I updated the upload of Huge and Standard 3 preset civs maps. Fixed a small mistake in them.
enjoy!

@os79

If you don't mind, I'll add your converted maps to RoM 2.9 :)

Go ahead :D.

Credits really go to you and G.K. anyway because only thing I did was removing extra civs/units owned by these extra civs/revealteams, if any... that's it. :goodjob:

Top Bottom