• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Earth True Start Location Spawn Problem

Drew97

Chieftain
When I was playing Macedon, My settler literally spawned next to Greece's settler, so I can just declare surprise war and then take out the settler then Gorgo has been defeated, this would be a bad thing in online, because you lose right away lol. This is a bit messed up overall. Sorry I do not have picture

Last edited:
My settler literally spawned next to Greece's settler,
That problem happened a year ago and I thought they fixed it with minimum spawning distances. I have not seen anyone else have this for a long time making me think you are using a non standard map that may be old.

oh what, it happened a week ago, maybe two weeks but its still not that far

My first 2 thoughts: Are you playing Gathering Storm? Do you have Steam in offline mode? This would mean any updates don't get installed on your game.

That problem happened a year ago and I thought they fixed it with minimum spawning distances. I have not seen anyone else have this for a long time making me think you are using a non standard map that may be old.
The OP is referring to True Start Location Maps. Depending on the size map, in Europe/Mideast area you could have half the games Civs in a radius of 20 hexs with 3 on the Greek peninsula within the minimum spawn distance.
@OP when using TSL maps you need to pick your opponents or live with the close spawning of them. You might also run into several city states crammed in close to you, Europe/Mideast being real crowded. Before GS I would pick either the Cree or John Curtin making sure Teddy was not in the game if I played the former.

The OP is referring to True Start Location Maps.
Fair enough, I missed that bit, however I do remember an earlier GS issue with TSL not being up to date that @Gedemon was aware of, they are the map master.
A bit rough if they start right next to each other.

Fair enough, I missed that bit, however I do remember an earlier GS issue with TSL not being up to date that @Gedemon was aware of, they are the map master.
A bit rough if they start right next to each other.
Forgot that TSL may not be updated, as the last I read Gedemon was disenchanted with the work needed to mod with the current tools available.
However if @OP can get the TSL maps to load it is not an update problem and his problem with start distances is as I described . Or so I believe.

My first 2 thoughts: Are you playing Gathering Storm? Do you have Steam in offline mode? This would mean any updates don't get installed on your game.
I do not have rise and fall or gathering storm but I keep up with the in game updates. I had to wait 100 seconds to type this, im impatient so im typing this.

The True Earth Map that comes with the game itself is a Standard sized map... it's very bad, and Macedonia is literally right next to Greece, there's not much they can be do, except next time I suggest you handpick your civs for better balance. Leaving TSL's to random can really upset the game balance (Kongo gets entire Africa while the entire Europe is packed etc...)

Top Bottom