Easter Eggs

Stuporstar said:
:lol: Actually, That's classical music! Bach, I do believe. You know, the stuff people listened to before electric guitars and synthesizers were invented. :lol:

Edit: or is it Vivaldi...

Yes, I know, but I just wanted to point out that the same music has also been used in Pirates!

"At least DeLaTorreAlta, that plays during the medieval age, was also in EU2."

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks for clarifying.

I don't know how much this counts as an easter egg but I found that it was pretty funny that they use a picture of Fat Bastard eating turkey as the symbol for the barabarism civic. Another, although I'm not sure it is an easter egg but I found it rather humorous, is when you first discover Rome, Caesar says "Welcome to Rome, care for some salad? I made it myself."

Kyrios said:
Another, although I'm not sure it is an easter egg but I found it rather humorous, is when you first discover Rome, Caesar says "Welcome to Rome, care for some salad? I made it myself."
Actually, I find that extremely lame. America-centrism. Bad idea for an international game. It's even translated literally in the German version.

You have to pay close attention to what some of those AI leaders are saying. One of my favorites is Catherine the Great (Russia) greeting you with, "Is that a treaty in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

The thing is that none of these are true Easter Eggs, which should require a ceertain amount of effort to find.

I was rather taken aback by Temmüjin saying (quoting from memory) "Let's sit together on the ground and sing kumbaya". Felt rather odd upon signing a peace treaty that lost him half of his territory.

Oh, and I don't get the joke with Caesar and the salad.

Lettuce + Capers + Anchovies (and seasonings) = Caesar salad.

No idea why it's called that.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Actually, I find that extremely lame. America-centrism. Bad idea for an international game. It's even translated literally in the German version.

Get over it.

They made the game, they can put what they want in it. It also wouldn't hurt to remember where the majority of their consumer base is.

If you want a nice international PC [politically correct] game that everyone is happy with, ask the U.N. to make it and quit whining about American this and American that on these forums. :rolls eyes:

FYI im not American.

J.S.Bach is Sid's favourite composer, so it's no wonder his music frequents in Sid's games. ;)

On the work boats sail there is the firaxis symbol, or one of the early ships saisl but Im pretty sure it was a work boat.

Lucky The Fox said:
Ohh... The quote suddenly makes perfect sense. And is quite clever, America-centric or not.
Nah, it's probably the lamest Caesar joke ever. Can't think of any others offhand, but it's pretty damn naff. and as pointed out, it does lose rather a lot in translation - the poster who was pointless moaned at was complaining about the literal translation (which leads to simple confusion) as much as the joke's inclusion.

Kyrios said:
I don't know how much this counts as an easter egg but I found that it was pretty funny that they use a picture of Fat Bastard eating turkey as the symbol for the barabarism civic. Another, although I'm not sure it is an easter egg but I found it rather humorous, is when you first discover Rome, Caesar says "Welcome to Rome, care for some salad? I made it myself."

I thought he said "I tossed it myself" which completely changes the nature of the joke.

TheFourGuardian said:

If you want a nice international PC [politically correct] game that everyone is happy with, ask the U.N. to make it and quit whining about American this and American that on these forums. :rolls eyes:

Speaking of:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4443435.stm

It's a sign of the apocalypse...and I think my head just exploded.

Heheh, remember that Jeff's head and face were the models used in Civ3's space victory video :) And in the opening movies, I keep on seeing them all the time, I don't think they are easter eggs neither.

But Al Gore on the Internet tech icon, that's genious.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:

Ceasar does not say exactly that in the Spanish version. He says something like , Do you want some emperor? I prepared it myself. Which sounds weird, at least to me. Maybe emperor refers to a local dish from ona South American countries.

Since I played In English before, I knew what Caesar said in the English version. So the Spanish one didn't sound so weird to me.

Top Bottom