Easy screenshot tool for Civ! ScreenShotAssistant

Good job man, it looks like a great program

It's fast to download, easy to use, and the pictures are accurate. Really good job! Thanksalot!
:goodjob: :) :D ;)

as arphahat hasn't answered to either posts or PMs here, bugreports/feature requests at sf.net or emails, i've taken a look at the code to check if i can optimize or change this or that. but VB isn't my favorite language and as i have VS.NET, i had to convert his version into VB.NET, which means lots of upgrade issues :(

Hi Arphahat!

Your Screenshot tool is great. Press just one button and there is the screenshot.

Haven't checked your latest version yet, but is that "pause button" possibly disabling the shoot&save function of PrintScreen while running screenshot assistant?
That would be great, because running the assistant and (for the purpose of cropping) paint or similar application at the same time is a bit unhandy, regarding the file names of your cropping work...;)
(if you cut out an area of the whole screen shot, it gets automatically saved to /path/pic_file_name_[running index])

I've been busy... 2.1 available. Added resize support, tweaked a couple of oversights, and added a "Copy Filenames" button that will parse the output box for just the filenames to the clipboard for added convenience. :)

No patch, since it is re-written from scratch in a different language. It is a pretty small program, though, so the download isn't long. No uninstall needed, they can co-exist on the same computer without a problem. And, the new program is just a zipped file, so the "install" is really just copying the files to their own directory.

Hey there Arohahat, I'm having problems installing the file it comes up with this messsage:

Attachments

• Error.bmp
    370.4 KB · Views: 523
This looks very useful!
When I hit Print Screen I get this message:

Attachments

• feil2.JPG
    feil2.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 442
Hmmm... I cannot tell what is going on just from these dialog windows, but I'll take a guess or two...

mickeyj, I am not sure what you did, so please bear with me if you have already done this. ssa2.exe is the actual program, not an installation file, so you just need to copy that file (as well as the manifest file) into the directory where you want to run it from. If you try to run it from the zipped file, it may cause some error. Also, if you cannot run the program at all, it might be possible that you do not have the .Net runtime installed?
C# (which is what ssa2 is written in) is a partially interpreted programming language, so it needs the .Net runtime to run properly.

sausnebb, so you can start the program, but when you hit the print screen is when you get the error? What operating system are you using? Did you change the settings to something non-standard in the "Prefix" or other boxes? What would help is to start SSA, hit the pause button and get a screen shot the old way (ironic, no? :) ) so I can see what is going on.

Is anyone else seeing these, or other, problems? I haven't looked yet, but don't be hesitant to use the bug reporting utility at the Sourceforge site.

edit: Oh, and one last thing. Make sure you are downloading the 2.0 (or higher) version. Ignore the installer and earlier version, since those are from the old way of doing things, left for legacy purposes.

Glad that resolved it for you, and glad you like it. :)

2.2, which I am planning on releasing sometime next week has some webpage generation features, an auto-resize feature, as well as Civ3 turn extractor code which will make it (potentially) even more useful.

Top Bottom