Eggman's script?

In one of the ALC games, with Frederick, the player mentioned Eggman's script as something they'd rely on for inspiration on what to do early for a SE I think, but unfortunately I haven't managed to find it. It's not in one of the two results when searching for "eggman script", or at least I haven't managed to find it at first glance, and I have also failed in finding it in the threads started by Eggman. (Then again, neither had a suggestive title, and I only opened up the threads which had titles on the same planet as civ strategy :))

So.... does any of you know where I might find the info? :D

~~~
Frederick was Phi/Cre, I think, in the ALC game which referenced Eggman's script, and my favourite leader so far (Pericles) is Phi/Cre, but I just keep failing. In my last game I was just barely over other civs in research, but I was hugely underpowered and the only thing which helped me avoid getting crushed was having the largest and fastest (+1 mov from proving world round) fleet, which meant that anytime the AI would send troops over, they'd all go swimming with the fishes (and the Me/AI strength ratio would go from 0.8 to 0.9 :)). (oh... forgot to mention, I only had one continent partner, and good relationship towards them) But the thing is, I got attacked by 3 out of 9 civs. (And I had another civ hating me after botching an attack against them).

Hm... and since I've strayed anyway... why do cities get razed automatically sometimes? Is there any way of stopping that other than checking "no city razing allowed"?

why do cities get razed automatically sometimes?
if they are pop 1 then they are auto-razed. or rather, according to bestsss, they are auto-razed if they have never been size 2. so in some cases the city pop will drop back down.

can't help you with eggman.

Thanks for the info :D

There was a game recently in which I found two rival civs undefended and decided to attack straight away, and I was rather disappointed when they vanished :|. But I guess it would offer too great an advantage to any such lucky person.

not sure about Eggman's script... (though I am very cautious when it comes to scripts...they are good in computer science, but not in strategy games :lol:)

for SE learning:

Acid games in the SG forum...
Look for Gryman's walkthrough (in warlords, something like "Yet another immortal game"), in this forum.
Look for UnconqueredSun's Justinian university, deity walkthrough, not SE specific but good set up of GP farm in the beginning.

3 of my SGs have a big focus on SE as well (immortal slaver games and deity challengers) ;)

There are more... have fun reading! :)

In one of the ALC games, with Frederick, the player mentioned Eggman's script as something they'd rely on for inspiration on what to do early for a SE I think, but unfortunately I haven't managed to find it. It's not in one of the two results when searching for "eggman script", or at least I haven't managed to find it at first glance, and I have also failed in finding it in the threads started by Eggman. (Then again, neither had a suggestive title, and I only opened up the threads which had titles on the same planet as civ strategy :))

You misunderstood Sisiutil's post. He wasn't referring to a "script" per se, just a detailed post by Eggman a few pages earlier in the thread where Eggman had spelled out exactly how Sisiutil could pull off the MC/Pyramids gambit in that particular game. The post in question is here. That's all there is to it.

@RRRaskolnikov
Thank you for the pointers. :D I'd definitely like more games as inspiration.

@Solon70:
Thank you a lot for this! :D It is disappointing to find out that it was in response to that particular game, but having the detailed explanation is great. :D I was particularly interested because the player founded their second city in a place that would get their two first cities' BFCs to overlap, and I almost always try to avoid such a thing, and I wanted to know... WHY. :)

Top Bottom