I think you have done a very well job with the mod and have enjoyed playing it.
I have one question for you - and that is about the Crusade scenario. The current version only works with version 0.5. I know that other scenarios are being made based on your mod is not your responsibility - but the problem is that nothing is happening with the Crusade scenario (no activities for 2 months now in the thread).
I would therefore like to ask whether you would consider making version 0.5 of the mod available for download (for example for a period of 2 weeks). I would then be able to download it and try the Crusades scenario.
After a few more versions, maybe the one after the next one, I would like to update the mod to be BTS compatible. Whether or not it will ever be Warlords compatible kind of depends on what the team thinks is best.
@ Head Serf: Ah, well. It had sounded as though the mod had been tested and found completely unworkable! I've actually just purchased CivIV for Mac and am still waiting for it to arrive in the post. I will certainly test EMA!
@ ohcrapitsnico: I did some modding back in the CivIII days but have never tried my hand at modding CivIV. I have much to learn.
I have looked through some threads here and I can see that you are working on the mod. What I can't figure out is what is the current status and if there is any estimated time for the next release either for vanilla civ4 or for BTS.
For me it doesn't actually matter if you port the mod to BTS any time soon. I am only looking forward to playing a new release of EMA.
Forgive my ignorance. But whenever I check the forum the download link thread seems to have no new entries so I assume no new version is there! I am sure there is nothing really obvious that tell of this fact.
Anyway, thanks for answering my post. I gonna download the new release right away.
When you mouseover Download Link and Version Changes it says what the newest release date is. Also, I made a unit graphics update that is in the Fixes/Changes thread. you may have to do some xml edditing in the unitartdefines file. i may have screwed it up a little bit.
You might delete the dll. source code, i dont belive any work has been done to it and replace it with the mac dll. file. im running windows so i have no clue. or, if your felling ambitious, you could try and convert it to mac.
So, I've run the five or six problematic XML files through TextWrangler and removed any illegal characters. There is one error message left, which someone else may be able to figure out (see attached). In any case, the mod loads and I am able to play. I'll let you know if I run into any other problems.