Embarrassing Question

AbbieRevo

Non-Voting Delegate
How exactly do first strikes work?

The funny thing is i play on monarch.

If someone attacks you you get a free shot at them where you are able to do some damage to them without response. Only works on defense. Like if someone were charging you with an axe, you get one shot from your bow as they are running down the hill toward you.

There are two types of first strikes first strike CHANCE (Drill I and III), in which your unit when defending has a 50% chance to do a first strike and first strike (Drill II and IV) in which your unit when defending has a 100% chance of getting a first strike.

Somewhere on this forum is a complete answer to your question, with all the maths, but I can't remember where. Here is a simple version of how I think it works:

When a combat starts, the game works out the odds, so after all the % modifiers have been applied one unit has strength 10 and the other has strength 5, the odds are 2:1 for the first unit. Then they fight one round at a time, each time the first unit has a 2:1 chance of winning and the loser takes damage.

If one unit has a first strike, there is an extra round at the start which uses the same odds. If the unit with a first strike wins the other one takes damage, but if the unit with the first strike loses it takes no damage.

The thing to rememer is it still uses the same odds, so if you are a galley attacking a battleship and the odds are massively against you, that first strike isn't going to do much good.

hope that helps :)

Only works on defense. .

Incorrect it works on both defense and offense

In each 'round' of combat, the loser takes about 20 (out of 100) hp of damage (adjusted based on strength ratio)

Each First Strike is a round of combat where you Don't take damage if you lose.

First Strke Chances are basically evenly split so
1 FSC (first strike chance) =50% 0 First Strike, 50% 1 FS
2 FSC=33% 0, 33% 1, 33% 2
3 FSC=25% 0, 25% 1, 25% 2, 25% 3
etc.

so 1 First Strike chance basically equals 1/2 first Strike.

So if my Drill 3 archer attacks an axeman with no promotions, how much damage do my two first strikes (assume the third one fails) do?

Top Bottom