1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embassy of Apolytonia

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy II' started by UnOrthOdOx, Sep 3, 2002.

1. UnOrthOdOx

UnOrthOdOx Chieftain

We in Apolytonia don't usually assign Ambassadors over to here. I have just been doing it because I like to see what is going on over here now and then, and I write all the news both in the paper, and for our Mods to put on the Main news page, so it is easy for me to copy that update here. I will likely continue to do so.

Re: Religions. We have only recently discovered a thing known as 'Theology' It has inspired some to begin discussions on the very nature of gOd. In the past our people have worshipped the almighty Banana, but some strange priest from this lost civilization of Phoenatica has came and converted some to believe in the ONE. There are also the two faces of gOd, whom we owe our very creation to, and whom speak on occasion directly to our nation in a great and booming voice.

In the way of news: We just recieved our second Great Leader, and are having a meeting to discuss how to impliment him into our nation. I must go, and will bring results of such discussion later. In the meantime, here is the lates in our news from your source for all things Apolytonian: The Jungle Gazette: Volume XVIII Celebrating 2000 years of publication!

2. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

Great! you've sorta grown on the place :)

Ehecatl Atzin

3. UnOrthOdOx

UnOrthOdOx Chieftain

Discussion in Apolytonia this week has revolved around what to do with our second Great Leader to come out of our war with Persia, and a way to obtain Theology to build the Sistine Chapel. Not a whole lot has gone on, really, as we hit a lag at the changing of government officials yet once again, despite the amendment I pushed through during my time to prevent such lag. Our only hop now is that our Constitutional Convention, a body built to rewrite the code of laws, comes up with something better for the future.

I must apologize for not providing you guys with this earlier. Here is where you can obtain all of our maps:
    http://www.arociv.com/Maps.html

In case you don't know yet, a map is an artists impression of what the layout of the land looks like. It allows for accurate depictions of such things as borders, troop placement, or simply our territory.

I would bring you the latest edition of the Jungle Gazette, but circumstances have forced me to declare a STRIKE! I refuse to let the paper go on without the proper respect. If you wish to know more about that, check it out here:
    http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62783

I see that you have also been contacted by 1BC, and have joined in the UN over there. While I went there of my own good will, much like I do here, and have been accepted by THEM. Some in Apolytonia question the need, and wish to put it to election. This is confusing to me as we have never elected an official to here. Perhaps some Apolytonians think higher of 1BC? or just of the UN idea? You be the judge. Join that discussion here:
    http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62802

Thats all for now.:goodjob:

Go find me some jungle so I can begin producing the Gazette in your RPG!!!

4. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

Jungle? artist? map? such strange words you speak!

Ehecatl Atzin

5. GhengisFarb

GhengisFarb www.GhengisFarb.com

UnOrthO! What happened to your custom avatar? The one you use at Apoly looks like a Blood Dragon lord from Warhammer.

6. UnOrthOdOx

UnOrthOdOx Chieftain

Havent figured out how to get it on here yet.

Do I need some # of posts?

It is actually a picture scan from my first hobby and passion:

Collecting Literature on Arthurian Legend:

7. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

You need 300 psots to have a custom avatar here. I can't have my avatar at Poly for the same reason.

8. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I guess he'll need to join us at CFC. ;)

9. GhengisFarb

Oh, Medival Fantasy is mine, not just King Arthur. Guess I'll be hanging out a CFC since Apoly is acting up.

10. UnOrthOdOx

UnOrthOdOx Chieftain

You could go to the Community and boot up their 'tag board'.

You are all the rage over there. Well, at least your website is...

11. UnOrthOdOx

UnOrthOdOx Chieftain

Latest in news.

Term V Nominations are out, and the center of allot of talk. Again it seems that while we have plenty of active citizens (around 60-80 at any given time) we still are having some trouble getting people to RUN for things.

The other big topics are the creation of a local mod for our board to make such things as topping and editing polls easier. And the locations of our Palace and Forbidden Palace.

We are likely to be triggering our Golden age soon, and have demolished the Persians into next to nothing.

12. GhengisFarb

Oh, great. Another CivSite is going to give me the boot.:rolleyes:

UPDATE:
    Term 6 government elected. Domestic Minister unresolved.

PTW Democracy Game setting up and dividing into teams, 5 Human teams so far I think.

13. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Hmm, what happened to the Apolytonian Demogame? There've been no reports for a while. Has their embassy abandoned us?

14. Consul_Thud

Consul_Thud Chieftain

Nay, Chieftess. I am soon to be your counterpart, as President. Apolytonia will be in our 9th term shortly.

As for recent events, much has happened. Our superiority has been unquestioned, and we are on the verge of the modern age. We recently fought a war of aggression against the previous tech leader, Germany, and were attacked by a pathetic Japanese flotilla. Our plans for the future include launching an invasion of Japan and a Space Race victory.

Thats just the SPDG. The internal PtW democracy game is proceding nicely, with the first war about to take place, between Neu Demogyptia and Lux Invicta. ND and Lux are on a continent with my own team, the Roleplayers, and Glory of War. Legoland is on an undiscovered island, and the other two civs, Vox Controli and Gathering Storm, are either on a connected continent or very close to our continent, as we have just obtained contact with them through GoW and Lux.

Also, the inter-site DG is about to begin, as some of you may be aware. I was the principal author of the Constitution, which was just ratified, and we will be electing our three Consuls, or players, shortly.

Note that Unorthodox had left us for RL reasons, but recently returned, with much rejoicing.