Emergency Emergency I Need Immediate Help!!!!!

Detroithockey

Chieftain
I downloaded civ 3 a couple of weeks ago and started playing. i got all the way til about 1975, then i started to download some mods, the only one i have onmy computer right now is the "all units" mod that lets my civ have all special units. the problem is is that at first i would open the civ 3 icon to play and the screen would go dark then it would go back to my desktop. I fixed that but really dont know what i did. then i went to a troubleshooting website, a website that Firaxis sent me to, and downloaded patch 1.21 then i restarted my computer and went to: load scenario, then chose terrain, and country, and it finally got to the game screen where it says that my ancestors were nomads and i have learned alphabet and military code, but then when i click "ok" it freezes. is there anything i am doing wrong or anything that i should/shouldn't be doing??? i really want to play and it wont let me load any of my previous games to play. What is a guy supposed to do. sorry about the long post.
-Tomas
:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :groucho: :suicide: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I wish I could give better advice on this one, but here is my recommendation:

1) Save any savegames you want to continue into a new folder (not under Civ3).

2) Go to the Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs applet, and uninstall the Patch.

3) Uninstall Civ3.

4) Reinstall Civ3.

5) Download patch 1.29f, and install it.

6) Copy your savegames back to the Civ3 save folder.

7) (Cross your fingers and) Play.

Top Bottom