City capture freeze

RebelSchutze

Chieftain
I have been having an issue with cities sometimes freezing the game when I choose to take them and not raze them. The only cities that do not seem to have this issue are cities that I retake that I had built myself. Maybe it is related to the foreign population? I am not sure.

That's pretty much the only issue I've been having, other than an annoying static sound on the diplomacy screen when another civ prompts me.

I've been player on the GOG version as well as have been running the C3X mod, as well as a custom scenario that only alters the .biq file. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I suppose I should run a vanilla scenario again to troubleshoot my own but I'd rather ask first so I can narrow this down.

There could be a problem in the graphics of cities you are using. When you are capturing a city of another culture group, the graphics for that city are changing. :think:

Whenever any city is captured, the game recalculates all trade-routes -- and also citizen (un)happiness resulting from any changes in Lux-resource access (which will obviously hit foreign pop-points harder). The latest Flintlock patch-version(s?) mitigates this a little, but on a Huge+ map with max. 31 factions, it can/ will still take a long time -- which may look like a freeze. The other common cause of freezes (when the last town of any faction is captured) is the so-called houseboat-bug -- though that should also have been patched out by Flintlock.

The diplo-music problem and solution(s) are described in this thread:

There could be a problem in the graphics of cities you are using. When you are capturing a city of another culture group, the graphics for that city are changing. :think:
I doubt it unless it's a vanilla or C3X problem, I don't change city graphics at all in my scenario, but I appreciate the input!

Whenever any city is captured, the game recalculates all trade-routes -- and also citizen (un)happiness resulting from any changes in Lux-resource access (which will obviously hit foreign pop-points harder). The latest Flintlock patch-version(s?) mitigates this a little, but on a Huge+ map with max. 31 factions, it can/ will still take a long time -- which may look like a freeze. The other common cause of freezes (when the last town of any faction is captured) is the so-called houseboat-bug -- though that should also have been patched out by Flintlock.

The diplo-music problem and solution(s) are described in this thread:
Ah that makes sense. I have been doing some max size 31p maps for testing performance and that's just something I haven't anticipated.

I take it flintlock's patch can be ran with C3X? I've seen people mention it but honestly I don't know where to download it at.

I take it flintlock's patch can be ran with C3X? I've seen people mention it but honestly I don't know where to download it at.
C3X is the Flintlock mod (or patch). :)

Top Bottom