Emergency won, what to do with the winfall?

liv

Emperor
It is early turn 69 and I am suddenly filthy rich it was 2600 gold
I want to be "optimal" but what is best
Buy military, buy a great person (barca, crassus, khayyam and ovid are up? I am not sure

What do you guys do?

Yep, depends too much on the situation. In the past, I've used windfalls either on an infrastructure rush (so buy 2-3 builders, plus a few markets/traders/universities/etc...), or a unit rush (complement your army with a couple catapults, upgrade the archers to crossbows, etc...). The few times I've won an early-ish emergency it's usually because I either put a lot into military and neglected the homeland, or because I'm rampaging through the world, so a couple more units never hurt.

I see what you guys are saying. It depends... that makes sense.
I think normally I use these kinds of sudden windfalls for unit upgrades. But in this game I am Nubia and had already planned for upgrades by selling everything. So now I really have a lot of gold (over 4000 ) that I was not sure as how to best convert to usefulness.

However, thinking about it - logically probably units and upgrades would be the most effective still as domination is my goal. I will just be bellum omnium conta omnes from now on

I see what you guys are saying. It depends... that makes sense.
I think normally I use these kinds of sudden windfalls for unit upgrades. But in this game I am Nubia and had already planned for upgrades by selling everything. So now I really have a lot of gold (over 4000 ) that I was not sure as how to best convert to usefulness.
However, thinking about it - logically probably units and upgrades would be the most effective still as domination is my goal. I will just be bellum omnium conta omnes from now on

Buy builders to chop up the colosseum.

Settlers all the way. More cities quick that early will compound hugely during the rest of the game, especially in civ 6 where there is no cons for more cities. Every extra city will widely surpass any other possible use for that gold in the mid/long term (assuming you are playing for the mid/long term).

By the way, don't remember the last time I bought a settler, does a purchased settler also reduce citizens by 1? (it should).

Donate it to charity for the tax credits. That way none of your relatives come looking for you to share your good fortune with them.

Difficult choices:
1. I don't want to be that guy, but if you had invested in bitcoins instead of
posting here, you would now own Firaxis!1!!!

2. Lucky Boy in the 3rd at Belmont Park.

3. A combination of units and the fastest way to get them upgraded.

So it is turn 116. I have won 4 emergencies (liberated Babylon 3 times) now and am currently on pace to win my 5th. Guess I will not put this game on my "how fast can I win on deity" list.

So it is turn 116. I have won 4 emergencies (liberated Babylon 3 times) now and am currently on pace to win my 5th. Guess I will not put this game on my "how fast can I win on deity" list.

Do you have a "how much gold can I collect by game end" list? Because if so, this one may be a candidate. :)

Came across one of those early emergencies. I like great generals. Or sometimes you might want to buy a great engineer if he builds wonders.

Capital went down in 3 hits. Yea I know it had no walls but Germany had walls and that hardly mattered.

Top Bottom