1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Emperor SG

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by MrFelony, Oct 2, 2007.

1. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

I'm pretty sure we can buy an army relatively quickly, Pacal would go to war with Pericles in my last turnset we can do that to burn off Pericles' stack then pick at the scraps.

I'll try and set it up for dl123654, pumping EPs into Greece and spamming some spies for city revolts.

2. 50_dollar_bag

Here's the save, I'll post the report in a few hours.

Attached Files:

3. 50_dollar_bag

A little pushed for time so I'll have to be reasonably brief.

I bribed Pacal into war with Pericles for the reasonably widespread Electricity and Medicine (which he was 1 turn away from). Pacals power rating was slightly better than Peri's at the start of the turn but by the end Peri had smashed him into dust and captured a city.

Wall street was built in Hippo. I vetoed the Ironworks as it was being built in our Heroic Epic city, instead I placed it in Hadrumetum and rushed built it there and we got a 564 gold refund.

Techwise I finished Plastics, Refrigeration and Computers and we're about halfway through Superconductors on the way to Genetics which is a nice easy way so solve most of our health problem especially when Three Gorges finishes.

Wonderwise, Hollywood finished and I started the 3 gorges in Hadrumetum 16 turns to completion currently we're the only civ with Plastics and therefore computers so we should be safe building 3 gorges then the internet. The internet should gain us some good techs like artillery and rocketry.

I've turned the science slider down to 0% as I've been rushing 3 turn units in the 2nd turn and upgrading a few rifles and maces.

We now have 15 tanks, 4 battleships, 7 bombers, 1 fighter about 8 infantry and 3 spies. most of those are hanging around Kerkouane either in the city or in the advanced forts I built in the forested/jungled hills on the greek border.

Pericles has 1 source of Oil right on our border and we have a spy ready to sabotage either now or in a couple of turns for the -50% discount.

4. dl123654

dl123654 King

Got it, up in two games, will see if I can get to it by Wednesday.

5. dl123654

dl123654 King

Update, still haven't got to either of my games, work has been really :whipped: me this week. If someone wants to swap feel free, otherwise I will try to get to it tonight but most likely it will be tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

6. dl123654

dl123654 King

Back, and after 3 hours and 2 CIV restarts I got through 10 turns of war in the modern age. :goodjob:

During that time I took 3 cities (one on turn 10)

Greece had a large counter attack, lost half of those 15 starting tanks, but built a lot more. The bombers are keeping them at bay, use the bombers so much I didn't even need the spies except to cut their oil. The war is almost in automatic now, but don't stop the tank/bomber production.

Did so much fighting got 2 Great Generals, along with a Great Scientist, that means we have 3 Great Generals and 3 Great Scientist sitting around :crazyeye: .

Finished Superconductors, researched Genetics (for the +3 health), Rockets and started Satelites (plan was to go for Composites for the modern armor)

Zara finished Sushi and Greece finished Alumimum in their capital. No wonder completed or at least that I saw.

Save

7. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

I'll try and play this tomorrow.

8. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

0: As far as I can tell, everything looks good. I think I'll be planning to keep most cities, and aim to finish the war asap to stop the blockades.

I might have to start running a luxury tax if unhappiness threatens to starve our cities.

1: By accident, I steal military science from Pericles. I was about to revert to an autosave, when I reflect that it wasn't such a bad idea. What else are we gonna spend the EPs on?

On that note, I hit Pericles with counterespionage.

2: Foreign spy caught

I used a GG on the heroic epic city for an instructor.

3: UN finished. I vote for us.

I add a 10% luxury tax.

Renegotiate Zara silk deal to get our few seafood resources back. Now it's silk + 2 gpt for spices + horses.

4: Asoka wins UN election

Picked up Sparta with the hanging gardens & the Eiffel Tower.

6: Lost Corinth due to moving too many units out. I killed a few this turn, should retake soon.

10: event: drydocks get +2 hammers and +1 health.

Lots of modern armor on the way.

I selected the builds for the turn, but I moved no units. We need to decide if we are going to take a break from the war for 10 turns, or push for the win. Honestly, I think we would benefit from a 10 turn break to upgrade our army, because Pericles' resistance has got some teeth behind it (I wasn't able to re-take that city I lost to carelessness, he's got too many units floating around that can hit basically anywhere if I move too much stuff out of any of those cities). Also, he's got SAM infantry and fighters floating around, which slowed down the bombers.

Also, war weariness is reaching huge levels. Most cities are flirting with +10, one has +13 (although that's with no jail, which is being built right now). To continue the war, I'd say we need to ratchet up the luxury tax to 20 or 30% from it's current 10%.

On the plus side, the sea battle is nearly won with a few battleships. Just need to heal up 2 of them (I think) and we ought to be able to get rid of the last of his navy at the south end of the island.

Unless the turns go really fast, I won't be able to play another set until well after the holidays.

Attached Files:

9. 50_dollar_bag

Grabbed.

I have a real itch for a fight. I seem to always pick up the 'build-up for war' turns or the 'wait for the 10 turn peace treaty turns' in SGs so the culture tax is going to 100% if it has to. :lol:.

I have our staff Christmas party tonight so I can't see me playing any turns until tomorrow night.

10. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

You could also revolt to police state. Won't need a culture tax then, and since the war isn't going to end imminently, it might be worth the turns to revolt & back. It will delay that first wave of modern armor that's on the way, though, which is what will (ought to) break Pericles' stiff resistance.

If we could get a GP other than scientists, we could use a GA for some of that anarchy.

11. 50_dollar_bag

Good to see a lot of Modern Armours in production but I prefer a little more of a diversified army so a few marines and bombers are ordered as we're getting a little thin on defensive troops and air support.

Dial down research and turn up tax a little which elimanates pretty much all our unhappy faces. Rush a jail in Thapsus as WW is extreme there.

A great Engineer was born in Oea and I sparked a GA with him and one of our 3 scientists. A revolt to Police State was off the cards as the Uni Suff resolution has been passed, took a Theocracy revolt instead.

Upgraded about 7 Tanks to MA for 1500 gold, rearranged a few troops and started co-ordinating the attack on Corinth and keep the tanks in there healing by conitnually bombarding them and get pestered by a lone fighter in Lakamha. After figuring out he was getting Oil from Asoka for sheep I destroy his 3 sheep pastures.

Eventually gathered enough forces to take Corinth and moved onto Athens but my plans we're thwarted by a successful UN peace-keeping resolution in favour of stopping the war against Carthage.

A quick scan of Pacal's armed forces showed no Oil based units so he looke pretty ripe for the taking. 3 turns later war was declared on Pacal and 3 turns after that he's down to one Continental city in the far South. He's ready for Capitulation.

Just for fun I got Asoka to declare on Justinian for Plastics and Zara to Declare on Asoka for Supreconductors and some other tech. Asoka is aiming for a Cultural victory and it might be close but I am pretty sure we can win before he does.

Apollo finished and Internet was started in Hadrumetum with 5 turns left, we'll pick up artillery and Fission in time to start on Fusion for the free GE, he can be used on rushing the Space elevator or depending on what GP comes out of Carthage in 7 turns another GA.

A few labs were finished a space components started.

Resumption of war with Pericles can start in about 4-5 turns we should have sufficient forces to run over him in about 4 turns, WW is almost 1000 with him but considering all the wonders in Athens I think it's worth it.

Attached Files:

12. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

If bad comes to worse, you can always nuke Asoka's 3rd legendary city. The last offline game I played, I was about to lose my space race to a cultural victory from Monty, of all people, until I built a nuke and dropped it on his city. Stopped that city dead in it's tracks so easily it felt like cheating.

Of course, we have also got more than enough guns laying around to go and raze one of his cities the old fashioned way too, if need be, so long as we start the preparations soon enough. Remember than a space race doesn't win until 10 or so turns after launch.

13. dl123654

dl123654 King

I think I'm up so I got it for tomorrow.

14. dl123654

dl123654 King

Played the turnset but on turn 6 made a big mistake :mad: , more on that later.

Turn 1:
    Got a random event giving us +1 movement on our roads :goodjob: , on second thought that doesn't help us :crazyeye:

Turn 2:
    Took Mayan sothern city
    Didn't feel like attacking the rest of their cities so I took their offer.

Turn 3-6:
    Started to build spaceship parts and prepared for an attack on Greece again.

Turn 7:
    The picture says it all.
    Spoiler :

Misread the last vote, thought it was for reelection and not victory.

Turn before victory

Final score 44,615.

Good game everyone.

15. 50_dollar_bag

:lol: I'd just like to know what you'd have done had you read the votes correctly.

Good Game.

Who's up for Immortal SG sometime in the new year?

16. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

Good Game.

Did Pacal become a vassal, or did he really love us so much as to cast us the winning vote after we stripped him of everything except one trash city?