End of January Patch Preview

Oh my I cannot wait to play your new update!:woohoo:@Gazebo :high5:

Belligerent China on the southern border, at war with Venice to the north, and runaway Ottomans on the other continent.. probably won't win this. Do I keep this game going, or do I wait for the update? Decisions, decisions. Guess it's both for now! :)

Yeah, the only thing I dislike about these patch previews is that they keep me from starting a new game with the current version.

Yeah, the only thing I dislike about these patch previews is that they keep me from starting a new game with the current version.

Hehe same. Was definitely thinking of doing one today, and I've held off.

Just fixed a late-game bug, running another debug session now. If this one's clear, we're good for the beta.

G

If there is one thing I need on a sunday night right before needing a good night's sleep for a long day of work....its a new version ;)

I have a different problem. I'm playing so slowly that before I can finish a game a new patch or two have already been released and I always struggle deciding whether to start a new game or finish the current one first.

I opened this github issue a while back about low upgrade costs: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5036

The rationale given does not seem correct because it's not just Warriors that cost 40 Gold to upgrade, it's also Archers and all units have low upgrade costs it seems. However this seems more like a balance issue so I'm opening it up here. I don't recall half-price upgrades being intentional so...what's your opinion, people? I think they could be double again to where they used to be.

I opened this github issue a while back about low upgrade costs: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5036

The rationale given does not seem correct because it's not just Warriors that cost 40 Gold to upgrade, it's also Archers and all units have low upgrade costs it seems. However this seems more like a balance issue so I'm opening it up here. I don't recall half-price upgrades being intentional so...what's your opinion, people? I think they could be double again to where they used to be.
I've kind of enjoyed it to be honest. Maybe they're a bit low now, but I've always thought upgrade costs were too high before. A slight bump to find some middle ground is probably best.

I might add that the faith cost change per era, from last version, is also feeling nice. No longer have I found myself stunting tech growth into the next era because I don't want my missionary cost to double...

Last edited:
I have a different problem. I'm playing so slowly that before I can finish a game a new patch or two have already been released and I always struggle deciding whether to start a new game or finish the current one first.
Finish your current game if it is fun, the new version will still be there for you to enjoy. :w00t:

Found a few more quibbles I'd like to work out before launch, to make sure the experience is a-ok. Let's push this until tomorrow at the earliest. :)

G
I cancelled all my dates and told my customers not to call me except in the case of top emergency (with an explanation that I have some very important work to do and I cannot be disturbed). I am ready. Come at me, bro!

That's what I copied from last preview:
Wonders
Ironworks - now +2 Iron
Globe Theater - Global Boredom reduction, +2 GAP from GWAM (Was +1)
Prora - 25 culture in all cities when you pillage a tile
From this I understand: If I have 10 cities, I'll get 250 culture in my empire from one pillaged tile.
From the discussion above I understood, I get 25 culture in Prora City for every pillaged tile, that's all.
Which one is right?

Last edited:
That's what I copied from last preview:
Wonders
Ironworks - now +2 Iron
Globe Theater - Global Boredom reduction, +2 GAP from GWAM (Was +1)
Prora - 25 culture in all cities when you pillage a tile
From this I understand: If I have 10 cities, I'll get 250 culture in my empire from one pillaged tile.
From the discussion above I understood, I get 25 culture in Prora City for every pillaged tile, that's all.
Which one is right?

Hehe technically neither! Its actually....25 culture (scaling with era) for every pillaged tile.

So if your in modern era (era modifier 5 if I'm not mistaken), it would be 125 culture per pillaged tile.

Top Bottom