End Term Now?

What should happen with the Halloween Turnchat?

• Abstain/Principal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epimethius

Wish I Hadn't Been Here
Pre-Poll Discussion of this issue (please read. An educated voter is a good voter): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=103595

The question is whether or not to delay the next turnchat until sometime in November, allowing the Term IV administration to take over; or whether we should hold it on the last day of october. The reason for this is the emminant war, which will cause great problems if we start it and then hand everything over to new people. So the choices are:
-Postpone the turnchat until November, Term IV administrators deal with emminant war.
-Hold turnchat, but stop the moment war is declared. Term IV administrators deal with war.
-Hold turnchat for ten turns, hand war over to Term IV administrators part way through.
-Abstain.

This poll will last one day and is public, for the purposes of vote changing.

You're missing a big point here Epi, the newly elected people AREN'T ALL NEW!!! Most, I think ALL of us have been active in the DG and we know what's going on. So there really isn't a problem.

Where's the smiley holding his nose for this idea? I shutter to think you will be living in the Forbidden Palace...

It seems that everything has been discussed and polled as needed, so I believe that the Term 3 officials should be allowed to finish their job.

Are you saing that the Term III ministries are incapable of conducting war? Obviously you are if you want to eliminate this TC from the list and let the Term IV administration take over. There is no reason to not have the chat tomorrow. The only "new" person that has to deal with a war will be Provolution, and quite frankly, he and I have already prepared the MSAV for a smooth transitition with or without a war.

I'm saying that changing in the middle of the war is a stupid idea. We should have one group see it through to the end. I'm not saying Chieftess is a dumbass. I'm not saying that SD3 has no idea what he's doing. I'm saying you shouldn't have one group start a war, only to hand it over to another. This is easy and legal. Its simply delaying a chat a minimum of one day. Doing so will avoid a great deal of trouble around the transition. Both groups are fine at their jobs, but this will still be a bad transition.

And I have a lot to deal with, too, and so far no one has given me any explanatio of what the hell was going on with that palace, or what the hell is going on with the build queues in my province. Edo is being deleted - language invaded, and I'd rather deal with the whole invasion than have to pick up where someone left off halfway through. Not to mention that Invy left a while ago, with no official deputy as far as I know, so the province is on autodrive, being ran by the Domestic Minister on his way out, and about to get maimed and conquered by the bunch of horsemen. But at least Provolution is ready for his handoff.

No one's living in the Forbidden Palace right now, and not just because the ribbon cutting was almost cancelled permenantly. Edo has no governor right now. Neither Invy nor Noldodan are here. Pardon me for thinking it might be nice to have a governor during a war.

If we postpone the turnchat, then it would violate the constitution.

Article G
1. All elected positions shall have a fixed term of one
month.
Each position will be granted to the candidate
receiving the largest number of votes in that election.
In the event of a tie between two or more front
runners, a runoff poll shall be opened between those
candidates only. This poll shall run for 2 days, and be
repeated as often as needed to resolve the tie.

RegentMan said:
November's the day after tomorrow. I see no need to end the term prematurely.

The day... after... tomorrow!!! Now you've cusred us all with hurricanes and snowstorms! :lol:

blackheart said:
The day... after... tomorrow!!! Now you've cusred us all with hurricanes and snowstorms! :lol:
'
Oh relax we'll be fine(I heard that a disaster movie) :lol:

You've already violated the constitution by starting on the third of the month and planning to end only 28 days later (another disaster movie). You'll still be in office until the 31st, just as you were in office on the 1st. But you'll be cleaning up, not starting a huge project and then walking out and midnight.

So I guess the choice is zombies v. hurricanes. :p

I can definately see someone cleaning up the mess Bush started with the war in Iraq.

Yes, but this is not the real world, we can wait; and he didn't invade on the day before Kerry gets inaugurated; he started years before.

Cyc said:
I can definately see someone cleaning up the mess Bush started with the war in Iraq.
dont you mean the good war bush started? ;)
dont worry if kerry gets elected he will pull the troops out, cause iraq to go into a civil war and then terrorists will attack us :lol:
luckily we wont need to worry about that since bush will win

Chieftess said:
If we postpone the turnchat, then it would violate the constitution.

Cancelling a turn chat does not violate the constitution. Do we need a JR on this?

donsig has a point...

Anyway, Epimethius, you're overreacting to the situation. This is only Monarch, MW's have defense of 1, and Samurai have an attack of 4. Just calm yourself down.

BH- Terrorists are attacking US troops every day...

Well, I see this thread has been threadjacked by movies and politics...

If you look, the last option is, "let the term run its' lenght". That implied the other options are for cutting the term short.

Just to make an analogy - When the president is elected on November 2nd, they don't enter office until January. Their term isn't cut short just because the next guy wants to start right away.

With the last chat on the 27th, it stands to reason that there should be one more chat scheduled for the term. Today's chat will also allow the new administration to settle into their position without needing to hold an immediate chat.

If today's chat were cancelled, we would either need to have an unprepared chat on the 1st or force a one-week delay by having it on the 2nd or 3rd.

donsig said:
Cancelling a turn chat does not violate the constitution. Do we need a JR on this?
but i dont believe the WOTP can break the constitution, CT has the right to have a chat whenever she wants(might be some new laws soon that have a minimum amount of time), and by "ending the term" CT cant do a last chat

Top Bottom