• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Endless Waiting

Leitmotif

Chieftain
I'm 12 turns away from victory, and for some reason the other civs have all decided to just sit there. I finish my turn, hit enter, and wait for the longish modern turn load to begin - except it doesn't. I've left the little globe spinning there for over three hours and the turn just simply won't end.

Could someone load my game up, finish the turn, and then post the save on the next turn? Maybe then I can finish this damn game! :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Lincoln.CivBeyondSwordSave
    811.5 KB · Views: 41
I just had exactly the same problem. Everything works fine and then all of a sudden on my next turn the endless spinning globe and the turn won't process. I'm playing BTS 3.02, I've played about a half dozen games of BTS at this point and never had this happen before. I've invested about 12 hours in my current game, this is incredibly annoying. I've tried loading an earlier save and doing things differently, but every time when I get to the same year (1778) it freezed up again. Anyone else with this problem? Anyone have ideas how to fix it?

I tried your save, it didn't make a difference, i still got the endless waiting when I hit end turn. Guess we're both screwed. :mad:

Damn! Well, thanks for trying. Anyone else want to take a shot at it? Maybe someone with awesome specs?

What year does it stop, and what speed were you using. We might be able to make a list depending on the game speed.

It's a random map. Hemispheres I think. You can check in the F12 menu I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, if it's a bug it should be reproducible right?

Yeah I'm getting the same problem with my current game, at 1485 (on epic - i think it was turn 319 or something)

It just sits there, but I can still access menus and stuff, I can even go into the civics screen and have a revolution in the middle of the AI turn. Same turn every time I've tried and I've never had memory problems or anything before, except a little bit of slowness at most.

It's after the stutteriness at the start of the end turn, and it's all very smooth (scrolling and popups and everything). It's like it's relinquished control of half the stuff back to the player but not the rest.

Top Bottom