English Strategy Discussion

Yes

Here screenshot with Caribbean city with 25 gold

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 309
I always see +3 Food and +9 Gold as maximum at Corporation Advisor screen, but in reality it is very different. We should ask Leoreth is it a bug of corporation resources limit or just minor mistake at Corporation Advisor screen.

The funny thing is no matter how low the corporation cap, when you check the corporation bonus in the city screen, it can rise much higher than displaced on the corp screen lol.

Today first time seen English Government in Exile with capital in Kolkata. London, Edinburgh are independent. How came it can be possible?

Today first time seen English Government in Exile with capital in Kolkata. London, Edinburgh are independent. How came it can be possible?

Well I mean that's impossible for us to know for sure just by you mentioning it. Probably an invasion of Britain where the invaders then collapsed.

There was no any invasion. It was British-Mughal war that ended by collapses of both states. That's why it is mystery for me how can someone lose core area and be with just one city in historical?
P.S. I never seen invasion to British Islands except Vikings' at early stage of the game.

There was no any invasion. It was British-Mughal war that ended by collapses of both states. That's why it is mystery for me how can someone lose core area and be with just one city in historical?
P.S. I never seen invasion to British Islands except Vikings' at early stage of the game.

I've seen a French invasion around the Napoleonic times. And I've seen a German invasion around the second world war (which in the game was like 1890).

Wow, I am wondering how it can be possible? In my games AI couldn't even improve tiles on islands close to Rome and Tyrus

Wow, I am wondering how it can be possible? In my games AI couldn't even improve tiles on islands close to Rome and Tyrus

The AI is better at amphibious invasions than improving island tiles. I usually WB the improvements in at the beginning of the game.

I believe that different units have different AI scripts. If a country has a large enough army, and navy, and they happen to be in the same city, and the country has the island's territory in its war zone, and it has enough units checked off for scripts that would allow it, then it is possible.

My last game, I saw Brazilian New Zealand, Brazilian Liberia, Peruvian Ireland and Mauritania, and Argentine Mali

So what is the best way to get all the settlers out in time and in the right place? I try to divide up the jobs so that London produces science and commerce, Newcastle produces army units, Inverness produces the navy and Dublin produces settlers, but I haven't managed to find the right balance of research to allow me to build good enough units to do anything useful in North America and still aim for the research UHV. I barely have enough units for city defence against the Mohawks, let alone to send workers out to harvest the cotton and tobacco to make the mother country happy.

I played an Epic game recently where I tried to role play based on the game situation. I really liked the pace as it makes you consider each decision in turn.

Britain has lots of food and so gets a high population quickly. Unfortunately, they need resources to keep them happy, and they have none to trade with (despite copious amounts of sheep!), so I send my galleys out to find some. Denied by already settled lands in Europe and the capes of northwest Africa, my people research better naval technologies. Once this is done, we push past the capes to discover the open lands of South Africa, filled with gems. We later discover the fur rich forests of Quebec. The eastern seaboard holds resources like tobacco and cotton and spices. All good reasons to settle.

The Reformation is a pain though - just when I think I can avoid war and just have a peaceful game, I have to fight the French and Spanish...

Playing 1.14 at the moment - any hints and tips welcome!

Get the Aztec conquerors. Reduces the number of cities you need to found by at least two, gives you two cities that can produce units in America. Don't just build Settlers in Dublin; build them in London/Inverness to get them out faster. Don't worry about the navy UHV until the colonial one is done, you have plenty of time. For the reformation you can always avoid war by choosing to tolerate the new sects

If you adopt Despotism, you can whip a settler from each new colony and the expansion would never run short of settlers. Prioritize the Caribbeans, the island cities are self-sufficient with a missionary.

Ah.... When I've got the conquerors event, I've tended to redeploy those troops to the Caribbean and North America to protect cities there, as I thought controlling Mexico may be ahistorical and potentially bad for my stability?

I'll give it a go though, two easy cities is very attractive. What are the native barbarians like in Mexico?

Usually it's just Dog Soldiers. Maybe some Jaguars/Holkans. So long as your lancers lived through the Aztec conquest you should have absolutely no issues preventing the barbs from razing your improvements. Otherwise, any of the conqueror units can just sit in the cities and defend, since its like a 90% chance the Aztecs settled hills.

Cheers. Looking forward to creating the English colony of New Mexico. Will be annoyed when Mexico spawns though....

Just win before they spawn :)

Top Bottom