Epic & Marathon modes?

The problem with Brewster is that in the early game some members give you more useful bonuses like Washington or Cortez. Later Brewster can make a good work as well.

I never got Washington until later in the game. Him and some of the other real powerful Founding Fathers just wouldn't come up as a choice. For instance, if I got the other four military fathers just to get them out of the way in order to get Washington, there wouldn't be a choice for a military father until I got several from the other categories.

...hope that made sense, it's been a long day.

As far as Cortez goes, he wasn't very important to me unless I had Coronado (or was it de Soto?) and my scouts were turning up Cities of Cibola every few turns. Cortez was handy because you could send the treasure home for free. If I was playing as Spain, however, Cortez was an absolute must-have, right from the start. Especially when I came across the Aztecs and the Incas.

I never got Washington until later in the game. Him and some of the other real powerful Founding Fathers just wouldn't come up as a choice. For instance, if I got the other four military fathers just to get them out of the way in order to get Washington, there wouldn't be a choice for a military father until I got several from the other categories.

...hope that made sense, it's been a long day.

Yes it made sense.
I don't know if it was a bug, but whenever the choice for Founding Fathers came up, I pushed the escape button and one turn later I would get the list of Founding Fathers again, but with different names on it.

So, I generally got every Founding Father I wanted when I wanted.

As far as Cortez goes, he wasn't very important to me unless I had Coronado (or was it de Soto?) and my scouts were turning up Cities of Cibola every few turns. Cortez was handy because you could send the treasure home for free. If I was playing as Spain, however, Cortez was an absolute must-have, right from the start. Especially when I came across the Aztecs and the Incas.

It was de Soto. He made all lost rumors positive. Coronado made all your units seen 20 squares away.

Actually, I would never do Brewster if I couldn't afford it. I would do Washington, give my criminals some muskets and horses (!) and send them off to do battle with a rival European.
Two victories, and voila! They are now free men!

Washington is cool, but hard to get him. I add that he give even more help to have as much veteran soldiers as you want if you make war with Actecs and/or Incas - and even more money.

Yes it made sense.
I don't know if it was a bug, but whenever the choice for Founding Fathers came up, I pushed the escape button and one turn later I would get the list of Founding Fathers again, but with different names on it.

So, I generally got every Founding Father I wanted when I wanted.

Oh, it's a kind of cheating, bad boy:)

I heard of that, I think it was a bug of some sort. I'm not really sure though, because I heard that you could only do that in versions of the game that came out after mine did. Kinda strange, not sure if I'm remembering that right, I just know I tried it and it didn't work. :(

It was a bug, I remember they fixed it with an update alter on. The update included an map editor as well.

It was a bug, I remember they fixed it with an update alter on. The update included an map editor as well.

Yeah, I didn't have that.:sad: I almost went out and bought a new copy of the game when I found out they were shipping it with a map editor. I would've spent more time messing around creating maps for myself (like I later did with Civ2) than I did playing the game.

Top Bottom