Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

I love the scenario!!!

But i am also having problem,s with the cities being auto razed. i hope it is fixable.

U GOTTA MAKE A SEQUEL!!!!!!

RazorBladeKandy said:
I love the scenario!!!

But i am also having problem,s with the cities being auto razed. i hope it is fixable.

U GOTTA MAKE A SEQUEL!!!!!!
It's not fixable, as far as I know it's hard wired into the game. I can do stuff to reduce the probability that a city won't be auto razed such as add a wonder to that city or boost it's culture but I can't stop it. I have considered the idea of adding settlers back in but limiting the terrain that would allow new cities (basically downtown and suburbia). Conceptually, your settlers would be setting up bases rather than new cities. It could work or it could spoil the game, I dunno, what do you all think?

I had thought of a sequel but I need someone to build me more units before I would consider it - go out and petition your favourite unit creator for a petrol bomber, modern day bodyguard, zombie dog and chainsawman ;)

p.s. working title would be Zombie Nation, something along the lines of zombies settling down, maybe getting day jobs and generally trying to become civilized - hell, that sounds boring but I could make it funny.

Chainsaw maniacs anyone?
Rufus T has just made an engineer unit and the forestry animation has him wielding a chainsaw.

Anyone want me to update the scenario to include this unit or should I just leave it well alone?

We Need The Scottish Chainsaw Wielding Maniac!!!!!

edit This was ment to be all in caps.....oh well.

BTW not sure if its still relavent but the only way i've found of stopping citys from being destroyed no matter the pop num, is to have a min of 10 culture

You have to make a sequel!But you could edit the basic zombie unit....like making it more zombish looking.

Ps:This is my first post :)

@Phant- well he does kind of look a little Scottish, hmm. I had wild, inbred hillbilly more on my mind when I saw him at first tho'.

@Spetznaz - Welcome to the CFC forums. I'm not a unit creator so a more realistic basic zombie is beyond me. Maybe I could try using one of the King units in the regular game - I'm using Mao as The Director but maybe he'd make a better zombie over the worker graphic?

@King Authur, use the chainsaw as a scot and for a hilbilly wait until the corn shucker comes out. ;)

@RazorBladeKandy - I don't know yet, haven't tried it but I will this week.
@Phant -it was the beard and the squint eyes, honestly I can see them at civ scale :)
@Kulade - how is that unit progressing? I may be able to shoe horn him into this scenario after all.

UPDATE: New version on the first post. In this version are
*Chainsaw Maniacs.
* A new unit graphics for the basic zombie - I think you'll agree that they're better than the worker :)
* 10 culture added to every city to prevent auto razing - seems to work.

Ok. I am a total newb to this kinda thing. Is this a C3C map and how do i get the mod itself to work?

Welcome to civfanatics.

It's for conquests but you need the latest 1.22 patch. Installing is just a simple matter of unzipping the zip file to the correct directory. Follow the instructions on the first post on page 1.

Well, I don't have c3c. so that got shut down really quick. but the map looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the Info, I tried to get stuff like this to work all night last night.
Thanks Though!

Great scenario, playing as the humans is brutal though, with constant zombie swarms threatening to over-run you at any moment. Even playing as the authorities is tricky.

Love to see a sequal though, an expansion of this concept would definitely be very cool.

I'm glad you like it and I'm glad that you think that it's tough. Some people have said it's easy but they must be real Badasses! ;)

I doubt if there's much mileage left in this scenario. It should be treated for what it is which is a self contained, playable and fun scenario that will give a couple of hours of enjoyment (and perhaps fond memories in old age). I think I'd be stretching the concept a bit if I tried to expand on it (not that I'm bereft of ideas) but it would lose something that you only get when something novel comes along - hence why very few sequels are as good as the original.

Top Bottom