Espionage -- Would-be Target City is Not Listed

me2

Chieftain
Hello all.

This is my first post. I'm amazed and thrilled to find a site dedicated to these games. Civ III is my first, and -- wow! -- what fan interest.

At any rate, I searched the forum but could not find the answer to my question. Here it is.

I want to sabotage the AI's Great Wonder. My spy landed in the enemy's capital. I selected both the Use Embassy and Use Spy options to find the city producing the Wonder. Alas, it wasn't listed. It wasn't even listed when I chose Investigate City as an alternative. Even worse, it wasn't listed even after the AI built the Wonder.

I want my Hoover Dam, and I'll be damned if Xerxes builds it in Hamadan.

I'm playing CIV III, v. 1.29f.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for the help. This site is a tremendous resource.

Sincerely,
Me2

I don't think you need espionage to find out what city is building a wonder. One of the "F" keys shows which wonders are being built by which civs and the city locations. I just can't remember offhand which F key...maybe F7 or F9??? Try them all and you'll come to it. :D

Gmaharriet is right, the f7 button will list all of the Wonders currently being built and owned.
You cannot, however, "investigate" a city if you do not know its exact location on the map. (I am pretty sure of this, but not 100%.) So either get their Territory Map, or get a world map which includes all of their territory, or just explore yourself.

EDIT: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Yes buy someones map that knows the city. It will cost a lot of money to destroy production.

Sabotage Production 10 dist*level + base * shield

So the distance will be large if you do not even see it.

Thanks for all the responses to my question.

I took the advice and bought a territory map. Sure enough, Hamadan was listed as a potential target in my next espionage mission. Alas, 7,300 gold pieces for an immediate sabotage was too rich for my blood. The dam was finalized on the next turn. Oh well.

Again, thanks for the help.

Me2

Top Bottom