[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

There's something bugged with work ethic? Or do you just mean that it's very, very strong?

I think both Magnificence Catherine and Bull Moose Teddy are huge improvements on the originals. Catherine in particular looks like she's become a real tourism powerhouse, whereas previously she was just 'kinda okay'.

If your Work Ethic HS is pillaged it won't provide production anymore, even after repairing it.

• Fixed an issue where end of movement penalties were applying early and preventing units from using their final movement points.
Ha! Does this mean that now units will be able to pass each other with their final 1 mp or less on modern roads and railroads? Hallelujah, if it is so!

anyone else confused about how secret societies work? i found owls of minerva right away but i wanted voidsingers, is there no way to decline owls and get voidsingers??

No significant work on base game features (like AI immediately agreeing to friendship / alliances), persistent snowballing problem (which starts as soon as you take over several cities in the early era) making end game boring, horrendous UI that doesn't allow you to see all your cities and their yields in ONE chart that can be sorted by highest yield and where each city takes one line (why for the love of God won't this be fixed), boring whack-a-mole spaceport game when preventing AI from achieving tech victory. Secret Societies definitely sounds cool but I wish they would focus more time on base game features than new features/modes. We have enough features, they have to be improved. This is disappointing as I thought NFP would include significant changes to basegame. But hopefully this will change in the future.

If it interests anybody, I found the list of Vampire names. Some interesting choices ;) :
  • Carmilla
  • Christabel
  • Count
  • Vlad
  • Lenore
  • Lord
  • Oneiza
  • Ludmilla
  • Sava
  • Baron
  • Lodin
  • Lady
  • Marquis
  • Countess
  • Petar
  • Duke
  • Graf
  • Dom
  • Master
  • Voivode
  • Baroness
  • Wolfgang
  • Boyar
  • Sheridan
  • Duchess
  • Le Fanu
  • Coleridge
  • Varney
  • Tepes
  • Ruthven
  • Westerna
  • Orlok
  • Bathory
  • Savanovik
  • Zarovich
  • Krov
  • Von Tod
  • Harker
  • Davovich
  • Blagojevic
  • Peuchen
  • Kraseu
  • Voltaire
  • Allatius
  • Kikuchi
  • Lamorte
  • Lanoche
  • Stoker
  • Byron
  • Shelley

anyone else confused about how secret societies work? i found owls of minerva right away but i wanted voidsingers, is there no way to decline owls and get voidsingers??
Having exactly the same issue. I discovered two societies with the same action (taking a barb camp), got the two governor promotions, but can only select the Owls of Minerva, and have no way of selecting the Sanguine Pact :/

Quick question, do you need to purchase the NFP to get the Diplomatic Quarter District, or is this a change for everyone? and what if you only purchase the Ethiopia pack, but not the NFP as a whole?

Also, will the City State envoy changes apply to people with Gathering Storm only? Or just people with this pack? I am confused how it will work in multiplayer with various people who own different packs...

Having exactly the same issue. I discovered two societies with the same action (taking a barb camp), got the two governor promotions, but can only select the Owls of Minerva, and have no way of selecting the Sanguine Pact :/
i tried to get another goody hut to unlock voidsingers again, but it gave me another governor title like I unlocked a new society but I still could only take owls of minerva. very annoying!

If it interests anybody, I found the list of Vampire names. Some interesting choices ;) :
  • Carmilla
  • Christabel
  • Count
  • Vlad
  • Lenore
  • Lord
  • Oneiza
  • Ludmilla
  • Sava
  • Baron
  • Lodin
  • Lady
  • Marquis
  • Countess
  • Petar
  • Duke
  • Graf
  • Dom
  • Master
  • Voivode
  • Baroness
  • Wolfgang
  • Boyar
  • Sheridan
  • Duchess
  • Le Fanu
  • Coleridge
  • Varney
  • Tepes
  • Ruthven
  • Westerna
  • Orlok
  • Bathory
  • Savanovik
  • Zarovich
  • Krov
  • Von Tod
  • Harker
  • Davovich
  • Blagojevic
  • Peuchen
  • Kraseu
  • Voltaire
  • Allatius
  • Kikuchi
  • Lamorte
  • Lanoche
  • Stoker
  • Byron
  • Shelley
No Count Chocula?!?!?!

Also having this issue with secret societies. Seems odd to be stuck with the first one that contacts you

Super impressed with the new Teddy ability, but I don’t think it’s particularly gamebreaking? Aside from some opulent starts, breathtaking tiles aren’t *that* common. It’s strong and flavourful though!

Anybody figure out what is adjacency bonus from the new district? Is it the normal +0.5 or is it +1 like the government district?

I'm really interested in this. What is the formula for the project? How much culture and tourism do you get

From the Civilopedia:

"When complete, this project awards 50 Culture and 50 Tourism (on standard speed) based on the number of excess copies of luxury resources France possesses.'

• Carmilla
  • Christabel
  • Count
  • Vlad
  • Lenore
  • Lord
  • Oneiza
  • Ludmilla
  • Sava
  • Baron
  • Lodin
  • Lady
  • Marquis
  • Countess
  • Petar
  • Duke
  • Graf
  • Dom
  • Master
  • Voivode
  • Baroness
  • Wolfgang
  • Boyar
  • Sheridan
  • Duchess
  • Le Fanu
  • Coleridge
  • Varney
  • Tepes
  • Ruthven
  • Westerna
  • Orlok
  • Bathory
  • Savanovik
  • Zarovich
  • Krov
  • Von Tod
  • Harker
  • Davovich
  • Blagojevic
  • Peuchen
  • Kraseu
  • Voltaire
  • Allatius
  • Kikuchi
  • Lamorte
  • Lanoche
  • Stoker
  • Byron
  • Shelley

When I saw this I thought you are suggesting alternate Russia leaders. That Vlad really got me lol. Vlad? Putin or Lenin?

Man I love National Parks teddy.

I'm just going to restart, but what do you guys think would happen if I reloaded my current USA game?
Nothing - you won't be playing with the Ethiopia pack, so it's base game Teddy.

Quick question, do you need to purchase the NFP to get the Diplomatic Quarter District, or is this a change for everyone? and what if you only purchase the Ethiopia pack, but not the NFP as a whole?

Also, will the City State envoy changes apply to people with Gathering Storm only? Or just people with this pack? I am confused how it will work in multiplayer with various people who own different packs...
Pretty sure you need the Ethiopia pack (either alone or as part of NFP) for all those changes. Not sure how it works with multi player

Diplo district and the secret societies are in the ethiopia pack, the Teddy and Catherine rework are only for pass owners however

Don't appoint the governor I guess, and wait for another. When you meet the wanted one, appoint that. For further governors, just scroll the governor tab. They're there, hiding behind the Owls. The 'wonderful' UI strikes again...

Don't appoint the governor I guess, and wait for another. When you meet the wanted one, appoint that. For further governors, just scroll the governor tab. They're there, hiding behind the Owls. The 'wonderful' UI strikes again...
Thank you so much, I was getting really annoyed with this. They need to fix the UI on this.

Ethiopia default colours and alternates:
1. Med Yellow / Dark Green
2. Dark Green / Med Yellow
3. Med Red / Med Yellow
4. Dark Green / Med Red (that's hard on the eyes).

Looks like colours from the Ethiopian flag, which was the base for the pan-African flags (red / yellow / green).

The new Ted and Cathy personas have their own colour configurations too, but they're the same as the existing definitions, just shuffled a bit.

*med = medium

I like whats in the patch note. But i would like to see more improvements to the current game instead of adding even more content. A good bit to light on game balance and AI improvements. And it does not really specify what got improved in the second AI line.

Top Bottom