1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kibikus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Yes, if the districts get damaged and repaired, the bonus is lost:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...does-not-work-after-repairing-a-lavra.659886/

2. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

If your Work Ethic HS is pillaged it won't provide production anymore, even after repairing it.

3. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Ha! Does this mean that now units will be able to pass each other with their final 1 mp or less on modern roads and railroads? Hallelujah, if it is so!

comatosedragon, 679x and AriaLyric like this.
  4. Jewman

Jewman Prince

anyone else confused about how secret societies work? i found owls of minerva right away but i wanted voidsingers, is there no way to decline owls and get voidsingers??

5. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 King

No significant work on base game features (like AI immediately agreeing to friendship / alliances), persistent snowballing problem (which starts as soon as you take over several cities in the early era) making end game boring, horrendous UI that doesn't allow you to see all your cities and their yields in ONE chart that can be sorted by highest yield and where each city takes one line (why for the love of God won't this be fixed), boring whack-a-mole spaceport game when preventing AI from achieving tech victory. Secret Societies definitely sounds cool but I wish they would focus more time on base game features than new features/modes. We have enough features, they have to be improved. This is disappointing as I thought NFP would include significant changes to basegame. But hopefully this will change in the future.

6. Luxerne

Luxerne Chieftain

If it interests anybody, I found the list of Vampire names. Some interesting choices ;) :
    • Carmilla
    • Christabel
    • Count
    • Vlad
    • Lenore
    • Lord
    • Oneiza
    • Ludmilla
    • Sava
    • Baron
    • Lodin
    • Lady
    • Marquis
    • Countess
    • Petar
    • Duke
    • Graf
    • Dom
    • Master
    • Voivode
    • Baroness
    • Wolfgang
    • Boyar
    • Sheridan
    • Duchess
    • Le Fanu
    • Coleridge
    • Varney
    • Tepes
    • Ruthven
    • Westerna
    • Orlok
    • Bathory
    • Savanovik
    • Zarovich
    • Krov
    • Von Tod
    • Harker
    • Davovich
    • Blagojevic
    • Peuchen
    • Kraseu
    • Voltaire
    • Allatius
    • Kikuchi
    • Lamorte
    • Lanoche
    • Stoker
    • Byron
    • Shelley

Datgingah, Hawke9, Kimiimaro and 6 others like this.
  7. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

Having exactly the same issue. I discovered two societies with the same action (taking a barb camp), got the two governor promotions, but can only select the Owls of Minerva, and have no way of selecting the Sanguine Pact :/

8. GrumboMumbo

GrumboMumbo Warlord

Quick question, do you need to purchase the NFP to get the Diplomatic Quarter District, or is this a change for everyone? and what if you only purchase the Ethiopia pack, but not the NFP as a whole?

Also, will the City State envoy changes apply to people with Gathering Storm only? Or just people with this pack? I am confused how it will work in multiplayer with various people who own different packs...

9. Jewman

Jewman Prince

i tried to get another goody hut to unlock voidsingers again, but it gave me another governor title like I unlocked a new society but I still could only take owls of minerva. very annoying!

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

No Count Chocula?!?!?!

Sostratus and Myomoto like this.
  11. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Prince

Also having this issue with secret societies. Seems odd to be stuck with the first one that contacts you

Super impressed with the new Teddy ability, but I don’t think it’s particularly gamebreaking? Aside from some opulent starts, breathtaking tiles aren’t *that* common. It’s strong and flavourful though!

12. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Anybody figure out what is adjacency bonus from the new district? Is it the normal +0.5 or is it +1 like the government district?

13. TCBB

TCBB Warlord

From the Civilopedia:

"When complete, this project awards 50 Culture and 50 Tourism (on standard speed) based on the number of excess copies of luxury resources France possesses.'

Kmart_Elvis and Myomoto like this.
  14. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

When I saw this I thought you are suggesting alternate Russia leaders. That Vlad really got me lol. Vlad? Putin or Lenin?

Hawke9 likes this.
  15. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Nothing - you won't be playing with the Ethiopia pack, so it's base game Teddy.

Pretty sure you need the Ethiopia pack (either alone or as part of NFP) for all those changes. Not sure how it works with multi player

Kjimmet, Pfeffersack and SammyKhalifa like this.
  16. criZp

criZp Emperor

Diplo district and the secret societies are in the ethiopia pack, the Teddy and Catherine rework are only for pass owners however

WillowBrook and Myomoto like this.
  17. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Don't appoint the governor I guess, and wait for another. When you meet the wanted one, appoint that. For further governors, just scroll the governor tab. They're there, hiding behind the Owls. The 'wonderful' UI strikes again...

18. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

Thank you so much, I was getting really annoyed with this. They need to fix the UI on this.

MrRadar likes this.
  19. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

Ethiopia default colours and alternates:
    1. Med Yellow / Dark Green
    2. Dark Green / Med Yellow
    3. Med Red / Med Yellow
    4. Dark Green / Med Red (that's hard on the eyes).

Looks like colours from the Ethiopian flag, which was the base for the pan-African flags (red / yellow / green).

The new Ted and Cathy personas have their own colour configurations too, but they're the same as the existing definitions, just shuffled a bit.

*med = medium

Hawke9, 8housesofelixir and AriaLyric like this.
  20. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I like whats in the patch note. But i would like to see more improvements to the current game instead of adding even more content. A good bit to light on game balance and AI improvements. And it does not really specify what got improved in the second AI line.