Ethnicae - Mac / PC compatible Mod

Here are some Mexican units you cause as a starting point. I can't claim any kind of credit for them since all I did was photoshop a new head on them.

Attachments

• Mexico.zip
    612.3 KB · Views: 216
I absolutely need to get my hands on this mod, but it was hosted at Megaupload.com so I can't get it. Can someone help a brother out here?

Also at Xyth, I want to get my hands on that LH to turn it into Hone Heke. ;)

Also at Xyth, I want to get my hands on that LH to turn it into Hone Heke. ;)

We were going to put him in the database as a joint project but I've not heard from CJ for a bit so that hasn't happened yet. The leader is in my mod now though, so you could grab him from there if you want (link in my signature).

I look forward to seeing what you add to him. Happy to help out with suggestions or critique if you need them.

Hey, might be a stupid question here but:

I'm playing on a mac, through steam, and every time I load the mod, I crash.

If starting a new game, I usually get through everything just fine until I actually have to load the world up.

What should I do? :sad:

Hello to old friends and others.

My apologizes to have left down this topic and the other ones related to civ4 units :mischief: but I lost almost all my works :cry: I had to let down mod and unit creation for some times so, if I wanted to update the mod, I should have to start all the thing from the ground :rolleyes:

Thanks A LOT zulu9812 to have posted a new link for Ethnicae !!! I'm glad to see some units still alive and kicking :lol:

I'm not interested anymore by creating civ4 units. I only play Civ 5 ( Campaign Edition on Mac ) so modding is not possible.

The only stuff which could interest me is to work on the ONLY graphic part and so, to collaborate with someone who interested to create great civ5 units ( a PC player/modder I suppose :) )

I saw some of my units on the civ5 download side and ... frankly, I was glad to see them alive, but not so glad to watch some of the results :eek: :lol:

So, if someone wants to mod with me, I'll be glad :)

THANKS TO ALL

:coffee:

All I can say that you did some great work for Civ4 is an understatement Coffe.

There are many great artists making units for Civ5 but from what I hear modding is much harder than Civ4(and more limited). It is possible though to convert Civ5 units to Civ4(and vice-versa) however.

All I can say that you did some great work for Civ4 is an understatement Coffe.

There are many great artists making units for Civ5 but from what I hear modding is much harder than Civ4(and more limited). It is possible though to convert Civ5 units to Civ4(and vice-versa) however.

There are many artists all around Civfanatics ! :lol:

Yes : it possible to convert from Civ4 to Civ5 and vice-versa :) Already tested from Civ5 to Civ4 and it was really interesting.

And yes, it's really harder and MORE complicated to mod for Civ5 :confused:

In fact, if I want to be honest, creating/adapt units for Civ4 is not a problem after all but all I want is doing the graphic part ONLY.

So, what I'm seeking is a fellow modder to work with !!! :lol: :lol:

mmmmh ...

I wish I could help you there. :(

But if you ask on the New Civilizations Civ5 board, they are the most active part of the Civ5 modding scene from what I can tell, and would definitely appreciate a graphics creator.

What we need is something like a tutorial for converting civ5 stuff to civ4.

I hope you find the modding partner though OO

Just got deja vu for some reason...

Hello everyone. Sorry to bother you guys. I've sent a message to coffee junkie, but thought I would try here as well.

I`ve just recently found Ethnicae and I would love to play it. However, when I try to open the 7z file with Unarchiver on my iMac, towards the end of the decompression, suddenly I get several notices like this one:

"Could not extract the resource fork for the file "Ethnicae/Assets/Art/Units/Holland_Horseman" from the archive "Ethnicae.7z": The file could not be opened." And then it asks me to "Continue" or "Stop". If I press "Continue", it will finish up the process and a Downloaded file will appear in my Download Folder.

This appears for many other files as well.

I have used 7z, Stuffit to decompress the file as well and this hasn't happened, however, when I go and Load the Mod in CIV IV, I get the Mod Screen, but when I go to "Play a Scenario" or "Custom Scenario", etc. I never can get any of the new civilizations of the Mod to play. I have CIV IV, steam now, and place the Mod where all the rest of the Mods are. I have chosen Egypt once and loaded the Mod and found that the Civopedia contains information about the new civ and seems to have the rest of the information. I really haven`t played to see if all that Ethnicae has is really there, however.

Please, I would love it if any of you could guide me as to how I can make sure I have decompressed all the files correctly and how I get to play the civs. Thank you for all your help in advance.

Top Bottom