1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnicae - Mac / PC compatible Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by coffee junkie, Oct 3, 2009.

1. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Great units, defenitely subbed and already playtested :)

2. coffee junkie

coffee junkie Tech Hippie

:eek: :eek: :eek:

And already a more detailed report ? :lol:

Thanks veBear !

3. Keinpferd

Keinpferd King

That's another great one. I'm sure, some of the ancient units will be in Pie's Ancient Europe soon. (They will be in my personal version in any case;)!)

4. tslate

tslate Chieftain

I was just going to download the Ethnic Mix More mod to play it today but the download links disappeared with your Ethnicae informational update =[

Can I still download the old one somewhere to play around with it for this weekend?

5. coffee junkie

Hello tslate and welcome here :)

You'll get a link of the new Ethnicae for ( this ) Friday ;) So, you'll get it for your weekend ! ;)

6. coffee junkie

To the beta testers : Dumanios, Keinpferd, Xyth and Flying Toaster ( and the sneaky veBeard ... )

For those on PC who got XML errors ( Ethnicae_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml + CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml ) : it is solved.

It was quite easy to find : I misspelled the call of the right CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml ... My apologizes !

Xyth pointed my mistake about the button of the flag. Corrected too. No more pink stuff ! :)

I just opened the mod on a PC, and I could open it without any problem :) Going to upload a poor psychedelic picture of Ethnicae working on a tiny dell 13" ... :crazyeye:

Idem for the Ethnicae_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml ... Wrong call of the schema file. Corrected.

Everything is working fine now. I'm quite happy because not really bad mistakes. Ouf !

Going to upload the Final ( with all blobs, arts etc ... ok )

Thank you so much to all of you ! :)

Later in the evening, will post pictures of Babylon and Sumer units.

See you later !

7. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Yay!!

Edit: The correct spelling is Mustafa Kemal, not Mustapha Kemal.

8. veBear

Just had to post this then :lol:

Anyway, definately lookong forward to more of your units. Can't wait to see those Iraq jihadeers :p

9. coffee junkie

Mustafa is the english spelling ... Mustapha is the french one. Bad habit ! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for your nick ... I was too hurry to tell you the files are ok ! :p

10. coffee junkie

The last pictures before I post Ethnicae tonight ...

Mostly, re-skins

I changed some details in the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml of the mod, so, very good news, no more crash ( even audio ones ) at the end of Medieval Era for Mac users.

FlyingToaster has played a long long game yesterday, until the future era, on Mac, without any problem. And as already said, everything is now working fine on PC ...

I prefer being late than propose a crappy mod ! :lol:

The next post will be to give the DL link ... at last !

Then, I will do a break for Christmas and will improve the mod in january ...

I will try to do a much better in the next update ( especially with Sumer and Babylon and all antique civilizations ) but I'm a bit tired now ... I need to refresh my mind !

So, see you very soon friends !!!

Once again, thanks to everyone for help, advices, tips, and tests !

BABYLON

Spoiler :

SUMER

Spoiler :

11. coffee junkie

ETHNICAE 2011

DECEMBER 2011 : Ethnic Mix More becomes ... ETHNICAE !!!

This is a major update which is named Ethnicae 1.0 2011 "xmas special" ( to avoid the confusion with the oldy Ethnic Mix More )

Let's say right now, there will be another major update in the next weeks which will be named : Ethnicae 2012 1.1 "Apocalypse Project" because, despise the fact I worked hard to this mod, I haven't been fast enough to complete ALL units of ALL civilizations ...

As already said here and there, Ethnicae units are not only a pick of other great modders units, it's a huge selection of the best units around and a huge work of texturization and creation of new models based on many different meshes. Some works have been made in Blender but of course, more to come soon ! ;)

Civilizations which are complete ( or almost complete ) today with new skins, new heads, new textures, etc ...

Many new units ! And many many new textures !! ( around 750 units )

- Babylon
    - Carthage
    - Celtic
    - England
    - Ethiopia
    - France
    - Germany
    - Greece
    - India
    - Japan
    - Mali
    - Mongol
    - Native
    - Netherlands
    - Ottoman
    - Persia ( more or less )
    - Portugal
    - Russia
    - Spain
    - Sumer
    - Viking
    - Zulu

This doesn't mean that there are no units related to the other civilizations, but they are not yet updated ( from the ancient mod ) and they will be updated in the next update ...

Brand new skins for all african units has been created and almost all textures are now 256x256 !!! ( I know some people prefer 128x128 ... But I had to make a choice. For everyone who's playing to Civ 5 and still play to Civ 4, it won't be a problem at all and since computers are more and more powerful ... )

A new complete civilization is arrived : Pacific/Polynesia/Maori civilization with a complete set of units, a leader : Tama Te Kapua, a specific music, a unique unit, a special building.

What's included too ?

Different leaders :

- Aelia Pulcheria ( Byzance )
    - Cetshwayo ( Ethiopia )
    - Cochise ( Native America )
    - Harald ( Viking )
    - Hiro Hito ( Japan )
    - Knut Innriki ( Viking )
    - Louis XIII ( France )
    - Martim Sousa ( Portugal )
    - Mustapha Kemal ( Ottoman )
    - Pontiac ( Native America )
    - Sejong ( Korea )
    - Tama Te Kapua ( Pacific )
    - Toyotomi Hideyoshi ( Japan )
    - Zenobia ( Arabia )
    - Isabella Del Castillo ( Spain )
    ( it is another Isabella I named a bit differently to avoid to suppress the basic Isabella from game )

And what's more ?

- Ethnicae is now modular ... ( at last )

- GeoModder's great Cultural City Style last version 0.99 is included and I added some buildings ( much more to come ! )

- NEW Terrain Graphics ! ( between Civilization and Colonization styled )

- New Buttons ...

- Some new wonders ( Tsentom ones ) such as : The Sphinx, the Cheomseongdae and the Copernicus Observatory wich both add events to the gameplay, the Great Bath, the Eden Project.

I would like to add much more but I didn't have enough time ... But asap the civilizations units are all completed, I'll begin to work on adding interesting and brand new stuff ! :lol: And it will be very soon !

GUINEA PIG PART

The mod is no more in beta testing and has already been tested on both single and multiplayer games on both Mac and PC ... And reported working fine. If any mistake is encountered, just report, I'll do my best to help. So, don't worry, everything is done to get ETHNICAE a great mod with your help ! :lol:

This is a mod for BTS 3.19 ( and surely playable on BTS 3.17 too )

This mod doesn't change the basic gameplay

If this mod is not enough for you, well, rip whatever units you want ! ( as far you add a little credit for the hard work of your beloved Coffe Junkie ) :coffee:

:lol:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1) Unzip the Ethnicae folder into your Mods directory ( ../Applications/"yourciv4beyondthesword_install_folder"/Mods/ )
    2) Load the game and play as normal by first loading Mod option

CREDITS

Bakuel, Danrell, Charles88, Chuggi, Polycrates, AlazkanAssassin, AsioAsio, Sepamu92, Mechaerik, Ambrox, Millenia, Achilleszero, Deliverator, Sakhr, Buddy3101, Gagonite, SaibotLieh, Bernie14, tsentom1, melcher kürzer, walter hawkwood, etc ...

To everyone who is not listed : just tell me : I'll add your name !

A Special think and thank to AlanH who provided a great working Nifskope on Mac, Xyth for all his precious advices, Keinpferd who supports me in unit creation, FlyingToaster for her patience to play the beta release until every correction has been made ...

WHAT'S NEXT ?

- New sets of units and/or updated ones for : America, Arabia, Aztec, Byzance, China, Egypt, Inca, Khmer, Korea, Maya, and Holy Roman Empire

- Modern ethnic foot units for each civilization ( from musketmen to paratroopers )

- Naval units ( new boats for everyone )

- Tanks for every civilization

- New wonders

- New civilizations : Tibet and Slavic Federation ( based on Magyar/Hungary and Poland )

DOWNLOAD

Ethnicae is 180 MB compressed and 600 MB uncompressed

Here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18158

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE !

:cool:

12. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

13. coffee junkie

Yes, I see it too. It has already been downloaded few times :confused: so I don't see why it could be down now ! :eek:

Going to post another link in 30 minutes ...

14. veBear

:woohoo: Great, just in time for xmas

15. coffee junkie

Added new working link in the dl section :)

Merry Xmas veBear ( without his beard ) :lol:

Merry Xmas zulu9812 !

16. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Huge congrats to your release, and merry christmas! :)

Actually Hungarians are not slavic at all
    We are relatives to Finnish and Estonian people

Perhaps you should consider adding Poland and Hungary separately
    IMO they both worth it ;)

18. veBear

^Guess he thought that would be less units to create. Kind of understand him on that one. Still, guess I agree in putting them into seperate civs, but creating new units for three civs and gathering info on all of them, might be a bit too much for now, so for this version, I say include Tibet and Poland, and drop Hungary until next version (sorry to say so, but IMO, Poland's the most important civ of them to include, but that doesn't make Hungary unimportant though).

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

I definitely disagree of course ;)
    But yeah, I also think it's better to release only Poland or Hungary than release a merged civ
    You can release the other one later if you have time

20. coffee junkie

I understand both of you. And I know Magyar are not Slavic. veBear hold the point : I wish I could release interesting units but less ones that 2 civilizations x 20 units
    :rolleyes:

Going to think about this. Anyhow, I first will release a new Tibet :p ... And complete the missing units of the current civilizations ... Hope everyone is agree with that ! :lol:

I love brainstorming :lol:

Did you have an interesting Xmas ?