Europe, 18 civ, 3 city start, religion

RedRalph

Deity

I've customised the Europe map so every nation has its carrect capital and two other big cities (i.e., France has Paris, Marseilles & Lyon), the appropriate religion (Stockholm is christian, damascus is Muslim, Istanbul is both). I've used the HRE as a sort of catch all Northern Eastern & Central Europe, it starts with warsaw, Prague and Vienna, and I've use dthe Sumerians as a catch-most levant civ (Damascus, Beirut and Jerusalem). I've put in a few big cities that cant be used for any existing civs (Belgrade, Helsinki, Berne, etc) as Barb cities. Everyone starts off with one worker and one scout. A couple things have been balanced out, Cetls (Irish and scots on this map) have a couple galleys, as do the English and Vikings (effectively on an Island) and Russias 3 cities have connecting road to make up for the big distance between them. I've also added in a few other minor alteration, Oil fields in Romania, little bit extra foods for the Desert Civs etc.

I think some people would enjoy it.

p.s. for some reason on the first turn your cities dont ask for build commands, so be careful not to sit like a slack-jamed fool waiting for your workers to finish before you realise nothings being built like I did.

some more details:

civs:

Celts, Boadicia (Ireland and Scotland) Cities: Dublin, Cork, Glasgow

England, Liz, London, Birmingham, Liverpool

Portugal, Lisbon, Oporto, Guamairies

Spain, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville

Carthage, (north west Africa) Tunis, Algiers, Tangiers

France, Napoleon, Paris, Marseilles, Lyon

Holland (Benelux) Amsterdam, Brussels, Luxembourg

Germany, Bismarck, Berlin, Hamburg, Munich

Vikings (Scandinavia), Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm

Rome (Italy), Augustus, Rome, Milan, Napoli

HRE (covers Poland, Czech & Austria), Warsaw, Prague, Vienna

Russia, Peter, Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev (I know its not Russian, its just for balance)

Greece, Pericles, Athens, Skopje, Larisa

Byzantines (SE Europe) Constantinople, Sofia, Salonika (I think, cant check now)

Ottoman (Turkey), Suileman, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya

Egypt, Ramesses, Cairo, Suez, Alexandria

Sumerians (Levant), Jerusalem, Damascus , Beirut

Babylonia (Iraq) Baghdad, Mosul, Kirkuk

Barb cities include: Berne, Belgrade, Bucharest, Helsinki, Riga, Yerevan, Tblisi, Tirana

3.13 compatible.

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7295

What I did was put my map into a zipped file and uploaded it to the Civfanatics database. (Click on: downloads; add a file)

cheers man. hope this works. I odnt know how to post screenshots etc, I'm going to give it a go, hopefully it will work. Let me know what ye think

If anyone does download it please post here just to let me know the file worked

Cool. I had the same idea when I post DavEurope on this forum. I'll have to give yours a try too.

Let me know what you think. hope it works! Obvously its pretty easy to make a few changes in WB anyway, so if you are unhappy with any aspect of it its easily enough altered

Having never posted a map before it'd be really great if one of ye could tell me

a) if the download etc works

b) some general feedback

It would be very nice with a few screenshots or aleast one screenshot of the map.

And it would be nice to know the size of the map... (ie. 60x100)

It would be very nice with a few screenshots or aleast one screenshot of the map.

And it would be nice to know the size of the map... (ie. 60x100)

If you can tell me how to do that in simple terms i'll do it, but I dont know how. its the Europe 18 map form the "scenario" option. Pretty sure its Huge size

I don't think you mean "Madrid, Lisbon, Sevilla" for the Spanish. I assume the second city is Barcelona?

Would be nice to start with some gold that way you can leave it on 100% tech rate long enough to get through the first tier of techs. I changed them all to 50. Also changed France's leader name from Bill?

Yeah, can anyone tell me how to change in game things like leaders names, names of civs etc?

Yeah, can anyone tell me how to change in game things like leaders names, names of civs etc?
open the scenario file with notepad. scroll down to the part where it starts mentioning "BeginPlayer." change "LeaderName" and/or "CivShortDesc, CivAdjective," but leave the "LeaderType" and "CivType" alone unless you want to change the leader and civ the player is based off of.

BTW, i've never seen stalin in such a gentle light. nice.

open the scenario file with notepad. scroll down to the part where it starts mentioning "BeginPlayer." change "LeaderName" and/or "CivShortDesc, CivAdjective," but leave the "LeaderType" and "CivType" alone unless you want to change the leader and civ the player is based off of.

BTW, i've never seen stalin in such a gentle light. nice.

will do later tonight. appreciate the help

York should be the capital or 2nd city of England.

Top Bottom