• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Europe 362x260 with East US for WW2

Very cool map!

I gonna have a go at modding it etc as well if thats cool:)

I trying to make a WW2 scenario just for personal use, so I can mess about etc and get to know how to work the scenario:)

Thanks!

Looks good to me.
Nicely done without a doubt.

As much as you may wish that Québec has Tundra in it, it really doesn't. Also, I think it would serve much good if you actually looked at a map when you made this map, :p Québec is so far off from realistic... it isn't even forgiveable. But oh well. I'll post my modded version shortly.

I hate to complain or be a post whore... but for freak's sake did you know that Newfoundland is actually in line with the North of Québec??? Oh yea... and Québc has more mountains that one can count... it's not forest country.

here is the repaired Conquests version....

STUDY IT!!! CANADIAN GEOGRAPHY IS IMPORANT!!!

Attachments

• ww2 map blank.zip
    180 KB · Views: 152
@ Prince, I have had a look at your map, and it just isn't any more realistic. You have to think about the following option. do you really think Quebec can sustain cities of 20 Million people as you made it in the map?
one question, how long during the year is quebec covered with snow, ... I just don't think it is realistic to make quebec have the same kind of land as Europe...

anyway, the major argument for givint tundra to these parts was this: there just isn't anyone living up there, and this should also happen in the game (ok, I could also get the effect with desert...)

I suppose you are right, there are few living up there. In any case, the land mass is there and could variably support more larger cities. Point taken if we are trying to make a map that would be played as a real life map.

Northern Québec is covered with snow 5 months of the year and Labrador 4 and a half.

I agree tundra is the wrong kind of terrain for Quebec, but the problem is there is no other to reflect this, grassland is clearly the Northern European terrain, plains the southern European / US terrain, quebec, as most other parts of the world covered in snow for so long ( as scandinavia) should have an extra terrain type...

Greenland, the far north of Canada, and Scandinavian peninsula all seem distorted quite a bit. Also (*very* minor issue) you're missing the island of Novaya Zemlya in Russia (I'm pretty sure at least part of it would be on the map). Otherwise, it seems excellent - haven't actually downloaded it, though.

Cooooooool....
I think I will use this map for my scenario...

I'm so sorry but we dont get our land covered in snow for more than 3 months, and we have enough space and ressources to sustain a LOT of people, Quebec province is about 1.5 million square km, 16th economy in the world (as a single province), and Montreal alone holds 4 million people. And oh yeah beside banana we export most of our food (USA is a customer btw).

Not quite a frozen tundra isnt ?

Btw one of the strongest and most populated country in the world is Russia...

there inform yourself better:

http://www.geocities.com/barath420/quebec.html

Russia has about 150 Million people if I am not wrong, but it is the largest country in the world.... you maybe should inform yourself first Hiro.... Making Russia have the same kind of terrain as countries like Germany or France would be ridiculous....

Here some facts:
Russia: 155 Million people on 17 075 000 km2 (9 people/km2)
Germany 83.2 Million on 356 733 km2 (233 people/km2)
Canada 30 Million on 9 970 610 km2 (3 people/km2)

This map is trying to be a viable way to represent the way Europe is now, it was made for WW2 scenario, please explain to me why in hell I should make Quebec/Canada the most fertile regions when they have the least population????? there is no option in the game that allows for food to be transferred, if they add it, I will change the map, untill then I think this maps represents in a very adequate way the reallity...

PS: there is more then enough space to put millions of people on the map as it is.... also check my other Map of the same area, since this is the first one I made, the second one is even better...

Originally posted by aeldrik
@ Polm: for scenario I recommend using the other one in my sig. it is smaller, and therefor better suited to play--

I will... it would just be sooooo cool with such a big map....
But before I got all the citys placed civ 4 would've been made...;)

But very cool map, you've even made Læsø (a danish island)... and Læsø is SMALL!!! so very cool...

Originally posted by aeldrik
-snip-please explain to me why in hell I should make Quebec/Canada the most fertile regions when they have the least population?????-snip-

Maybe cuz Quebec is a VERY fertile country ? Never been there do ya ? If you are from US East Coast just think Vermont or Maine and you got the picture...Actually our lands are more fertile than Europe's because of the incredible amounts of clear water we have here.

Want to make it a frozen tundra ? np but it then dont call it realistic.

And my Russia comment is NOT about its size, but rather showing how "frozen tundra" can still feed millions of people, and since Russia is even more "frozen" than us then your comment on how such lands cant feed millions is erroneous.

Still a very nice map, just too fantasy like imho.

PS: You want to account for Russia size as a bonus that may counterbalance their tileset, yet there is NOT siberia (stops at the Ural right ?) so I'm oO

Now you really seem not to have an idea of what russia is like, the main Part of the population lives on the West of the Ural. Siberia is very rich in ressources, but has a very low population.... also. russia has a very large North-South extansion, not all of it is tundra...
as for quebec, since it is such human friendly land perfect for the settlement of million-sized cities, how come there isn't A SINGLE ONE large city North of 50° ???

Is there any version of this map for "plain" Civ3, without PTW or Conquests?

The map is really spectacular [the largest Europe map I've ever seen] but I can't download it correctly. :(

Top Bottom