1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe1092AD-EE3(expanded)scenario

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by JediPimp, Mar 13, 2006.

1. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Check with TheLopez, he's got some mad skillz. :)

2. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

Hey JediPimp, I noticed that Catholic doesn't have a holy city. It should be Rome shouldn't it? Could you also please make this change? I am playing the scenario and I love it. I think the disorganization of the HRE is very realistic.

3. fuji

fuji Chieftain

No not Rome !
    Jeruzalem.

4. Archduke Otto

Archduke Otto Warlord

That one's not on the map.

5. JediPimp

JediPimp Chieftain

I looked into it and you were right so i made the changes V1.10 should be without these issues

6. JediPimp

JediPimp Chieftain

Hey guys have you seen the ancient mediterrean mod by thamis http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144716
    When this mod is finalized and my finals ancient history i am thinking of making a scenario for it about the rise of Rome if it intrests anyone to work together on it please let me know specially if you are intrested in contributing to the scenario's historical accuracy and testing for balance issues though Rome shall be MIGHTY
    Strengh and Honor fellow fanatics

7. Bosh

Bosh Chieftain

I think that sounds good, hope you will get all the help you need. Yes I have tried the AM mod it´s quite good but needs to be more balanced and it needs to be a lot more fixed. I think EE3 is the best mod out here, this mod E1092AD is really good, thank you for your work.;)

8. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

Hey JediPimp,
    I believe that the Venitians should be advanced in seafaring technology. They should already have the compass and Venice (the city) should have a harbor. You should also put a ship of some type in Venice (maybe a carval?). Hey thanks for taking by other suggestions into consideration. Also, I think that the Danes should be furious at England for England had just throne Danish control out of England. The French and the Sweden should be annoyed for the Swedish that been at with England and the French would be a war with England in the years to come (The Hundred Years War). The scenario if great, though!!! Here is a map from 1092. You have to go to the new website link through this website. It shows that England had a part of northern France and Norway(the Danes) had the extreme northern part of the British Isle above Scotland.

9. KaiserBenjamin

KaiserBenjamin Warlord

I just wanted to give some positive feedback. I'm a big fan of this scenario. While I really enjoyed the... 1320? scenario, I always felt that it didn't give enough time to really conquer- the space race always took precedence. With the additional time and interesting startup, I've had a real blast with this Mod. Right now I'm playing as the Ottomans and I was able to move my border up to Hungary and conquer Venice and Rome. Now I own the capitals of the three major religions (Islam, Orthodox, Catholic.) I converted to Orthodoxy and with my de facto ally Peter the Great, I'm preparing to move north against Hungary, Prussia, and Poland. So yeah, thanks for making this scenario and for everyone else that worked on the EE3 mod.

10. Furius

Furius Prince

This scenario is so good that it has motivated me to post on civfanatics for the first time in a year or so...
    So, I played as Poland on Noble difficulty. The lack of iron to motivate Poland to conquer Prussia is sneaky but good...

However, I noticed that everytime anyone else conquers a city they seem to be razing them instead of occupying them (I'm not completly sure, but it definitly seems that way)...

11. JediPimp

JediPimp Chieftain

Hey guys thank you very much
    i got 1 week for my finals to be over and will make the changes that justinian suggested
    The city razing really worries me if i can change that in the WBS i will
    i think i saw a city razing bolean there if it is in the mod ahh i will have to consult the guides i notice the city razing though i didnt realize how big of an issue that is

12. 4 th sevrd soul

4 th sevrd soul Chieftain

so i just downloaded the latest patch for Civ4 and started playin v1.10 of this scenerio and the first thing i noticed was that i'm not told how much longer it'll take to build whatever i am building without being in the city screen. is this because of the patch? anyway tho. i continued to play anyway as the French this time. i modified the game quite a bit tho first so that's the game never ends unless by conquest, domination, or by culture. i also figured out how to take technologies out of the game basically. if anybody would like to know how let me know i'm willing to let you know. anyway tho i'm playing as the french and currently in the modern era and have currently conquered 6 of the HRE's cities. ya, i'm not the quickest conqueror. i'm more of the cultural man. i have the top culture in the game. so, just wanted to say that i absolutely love this scenerio and that i'm thankful for JediPimp for creating it and for helping me edit the game a little.

13. Furius

Furius Prince

Turns out the razing problem isn't actually a proplem... I didn't understand that it was just the fog of war...
    Everything is fine! Sorry!

14. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

That's an option you can set yourself in the options menu. Upgrading to the patch probably set all your options to default, so you will need to change it back to how you had it.

15. 4 th sevrd soul

yep. your right. thank you.

does anybody know where i can find the code to the Mass Media tech? i couldn't find it in the CIV4TechInfos file. Is it under a different name or something? Just trying to edit the game a little further.

16. Ieyasu

Ieyasu Chieftain

17. covok48

covok48 Emperor

I just played the Byzantines and got completely pwned. Constantinople fell within 5 turns, and my only mainland city now is Athens. Anyone got any advice?

18. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

19. covok48

covok48 Emperor

Gee thanks (rolls eyes).

20. 4 th sevrd soul

practice definitely.

also, to build units faster change your Ecomonic Base to Slavery. you can rush your unit production therefore being able to produce more defense faster.

hope that helps. i'm playing as them now. i've only lost Izmir so far. I almost retook it but i failed. it was a 0.76 Pikeman [mine] vs. .66 Horse Archer [suleiman]. ya. needless to say my attempt to retake the city failed. now, there's 2 Knights, 1 Crossbowman, & 1 Longbowman protecting the city.