Every. Time. And. Time. Again.

Loucypher

King
Seriously, this literally happens every time.

I go into games with a set gameplan in mind, though naturally sometimes you adapt. Sometimes, that gameplay is "Become Master of the City States" (Usually when I got a mod civ that works with CS's, or recently, when playing as Germany, wanting to give the Hanse a spin.)

Turn 4: "Χαιρε ξενε. Αλεξανδρος ειμι, υιος των ανακτων και εκγονος των θεων!"

Turn 7: "Die Erzherzogin von Österreich heißt Ihre Eminenz willkommen...ach... Bringen wir es hinter uns. Um vier wird gespeist."

Turn 12: เราพ่อขุนรามคำแหงกษัตริย์แห่งสยาม นับเป็นเกียรติอย่างยิ่งที่ท่านเดินมาได้เยี่ยม ประเทศสยามของเรา

Turn 21: Benvenuo a Venessia. Sò il Doge Enrico Dandolo

EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Yeah, so much for getting city states to actually try and get to my side.
Last time, I actually decided to spend 1000 gold on Mombasa, to get a food boon in. I get to see the city's terrain...and wouldn't you know it, there was a Merchant of Venice parked right in the borders -.-

Anyway, had to get that off my chest. Share your infuriating stories if you want.

(For those of you not understanding the 4 turn things, that's Alexander, Maria Theresa, Ramkhamhaeng and Enrico Dandolo greeting you upon meeting.)

Thanks for explaining the turn things - figured all except Alexander :)

My last game continents, met 4 city states early on and then Alexander :(

However the next AI I met was Japan, and they had borders already touching as they settled towards each other. Oda asked for joint war against Alex, but it was so early I left him to do it alone. Some turns later he still hadn't declared so I bribed him to declare on his own... cost me 2 Horses and all of 10G. 2000 years later they are still hammering each other. Bargain.

Of course after Japan finished the Greeks he promptly attacked me, but I was rather expecting him to.

You've missed
Lizzie. When I read your thread title you were going discuss Pacal, " at your request we will send our missonaries elsewhere" and then 3 turns later he's back converting again like a Jehovahs Witness, hitting your holy city with his invariably uselessly constructed religion.

You've missed
Lizzie. When I read your thread title you were going discuss Pacal, " at your request we will send our missonaries elsewhere" and then 3 turns later he's back converting again like a Jehovahs Witness, hitting your holy city with his invariably uselessly constructed religion.

Nah, that´s when I play a religious game, I'll then get Pacal, Haile Selassie, Boudicca, Gajah Mada and Rameses as my neighbors.

"Nah, that´s when I play a religious game, I'll then get Pacal, Haile Selassie, Boudicca, Gajah Mada and Rameses as my neighbors."

LOL.

Just played France for culture and got Egypt and Maya taking every wonder I needed - including the one I burned GEs on... Rage quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, this literally happens every time.

I go into games with a set gameplan in mind, though naturally sometimes you adapt. Sometimes, that gameplay is "Become Master of the City States" (Usually when I got a mod civ that works with CS's, or recently, when playing as Germany, wanting to give the Hanse a spin.)

Turn 4: "Χαιρε ξενε. Αλεξανδρος ειμι, υιος των ανακτων και εκγονος των θεων!"

Turn 7: "Die Erzherzogin von Österreich heißt Ihre Eminenz willkommen...ach... Bringen wir es hinter uns. Um vier wird gespeist."

Turn 12: เราพ่อขุนรามคำแหงกษัตริย์แห่งสยาม นับเป็นเกียรติอย่างยิ่งที่ท่านเดินมาได้เยี่ยม ประเทศสยามของเรา

Turn 21: Benvenuo a Venessia. Sò il Doge Enrico Dandolo

EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Yeah, so much for getting city states to actually try and get to my side.
Last time, I actually decided to spend 1000 gold on Mombasa, to get a food boon in. I get to see the city's terrain...and wouldn't you know it, there was a Merchant of Venice parked right in the borders -.-

Anyway, had to get that off my chest. Share your infuriating stories if you want.

(For those of you not understanding the 4 turn things, that's Alexander, Maria Theresa, Ramkhamhaeng and Enrico Dandolo greeting you upon meeting.)

You are probably too good of a player for this, but I have recently begun to choose my opponents based on the type of game I wish to play. I know that the better players prefer to randomize for challenges, but if you are really wanting a certain type of game, this is probably the way to go.

You are probably too good of a player for this, but I have recently begun to choose my opponents based on the type of game I wish to play. I know that the better players prefer to randomize for challenges, but if you are really wanting a certain type of game, this is probably the way to go.

Eh, I wouldn't call myself that good a player, but I prefer to get the randomness, the feeling of truly exploring a world, meeting folks you didn't know you'd run into.

Top Bottom