[GS] Expand on being a Suzerain etc

Bechhold

King
We are the Suzerain of a city state, meaning we should be able to control everything that City can or will do for the foreseeable future, right?

So please allow us to build improvements or let us control what they can build in certain economic terms such as Railways, Canals etc. Being a Suzerain of something means we control pretty much everything, historically, in this case a City State right down to foreign, economic, and even religious policy.

Heck allow us to trade with other civs to build economic features for them, or even help them, with Military Engineers to build or even hasten the building of railways etc. It can and should even affect Diplomacy for the better or even worse depending on the relations.

Alas, in reality religion was more or less controlled, but remember the roman case : the Chistianism was so strong that the emperors converted to it, and with them the whole empire. But, I see what you mean : eventhough a foreign religion is stronger, you should be able to keep yours as official, for the better or most probably for the worst. But you could keep it. I nthe same vein, always about religion, I think that when you capture a holy city, you should be able to win a religious victory with the religion of that city. Also I miss holy city for several religions. Don't know about religious victory if you capture several holy cities or a holy city for several religions. I don't think it could be done in Civ6.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they made it so that you couldn't declare war on a CS without declaring war on its suzerain (and the AI took that into account when deciding whether to attack), given that that's the whole point of voluntary vassalage. They could then change the "Protectorate War" CB to be the one you use when you just want to conquer the target's vassals (i.e. declaring war to conquer the defender's protectorates).

Top Bottom