Expanded Economy

Expanded Economy 0.9.6

Hi, can I use this mod with other mod such us Quo's combinet tweaks , AI+ and , MOAR units?

You mod si very interesting and it should be integrated with other useful mod to creata great CIV 6 experience.

Maany thanks.

Quo's Combined Tweaks changes a lot and also has friendship bonuses for befriending other Civs, so I'm not sure how well they'd work together. At minimum you're likely to see tooltip issues.

AI+ will work, at least in my limited testing. MOAR Units should be fine, but that's one mod I haven't tested personally so I can't say it with absolute certainty.

Great mod but I think that you should add back some upkeep costs on buildings or increase the districts upkeep or maybe even increase units upkeep. On turn 125 with 4 cities I earn 90 gold per turn with only 4 villages. If I played optimally I think I could earn 140 gold per turn.
Sorry for short feedback, I will play more tomorrow and see how things go.

To keep anyone interested updated: I've been working on an update for this. I'm trying out a form of scaling maintenance for cities/districts, and I've rebalanced warmongering penalties. For now I'm keeping friendship bonuses as friendship bonuses, though I still may move them to alliances later. I want to try this out with another diplomatic change, however, where there is a much more severe diplomatic penalty for declaring friendship or allying with the enemy of another empire (for an example if you're friends with Spain, and Spain has denounced or is at war with Egypt, you will have a severe diplomatic malus with Egypt--I've essentially doubled the penalty for this from -6 to -12). I've increased the warmonger penalties for declaring war so they are now closer to base game levels (but still lower), but I've halved the warmonger penalties for conquering cities. I've also halved the warmonger penalties for wiping out another Civ or city-state, and you also get a lot less warmonger penalties with Civs that have denounced or are at war with your target (80% reduction if at war--increased from 40%, and 50% reduction if denounced, increased from 20%).

I've also looked at friendship bonuses that seem a little lackluster, like Japan's or Norway's, and redoing those. I want to try and tie them into a Civ's traits if possible, but in general, I believe they should be economic boons that affect players early in the game (no later than Medieval era). I'm also trying out districts unlocking every 4 pop rather than 3 to encourage specialization and decrease district spam. The administrative precinct may also change its role in some way, possibly removing the population gating from it and/or having it reduce city maintenance.

Quo's Combined Tweaks changes a lot and also has friendship bonuses for befriending other Civs, so I'm not sure how well they'd work together. At minimum you're likely to see tooltip issues.

AI+ will work, at least in my limited testing. MOAR Units should be fine, but that's one mod I haven't tested personally so I can't say it with absolute certainty.
Thanks.

Do you think that it's possible to merge your mod and the others to create a complete modpack ? . Your economic mod is very interesting. Good work.

Thanks.

Do you think that it's possible to merge your mod and the others to create a complete modpack ? . Your economic mod is very interesting. Good work.

I would not be opposed to doing this, but I think that's something to be a long time coming if it happens at all--my mod changes a fair few fundamental things about the game, which means that mods that are designed to work with the base game (which they will naturally prioritize) may not always play nice with it. Even if they don't directly conflict, there could be balance concerns.

In other news, I've been working on some other stuff in regards to the mod. I'm not certain I like 4 pop per district, I kinda feel restricted with that in play. I'll try another couple of test games to see how it goes, but the scaling maintenance appears to be working well. I've also changed unit and wonder production policies in a big way. I've decided that such policies will not only affect units of a particular era, but all the eras that come before. For example, Chivalry previously boosted production towards light and heavy cavalry units from the Medieval, Renaissance, and Industrial eras. Now it boosts production towards all light and heavy cavalry units from the Industrial era and earlier (so Ancient through Industrial). The same has been done for Wonder policies (Corvee>Gothic Architecture>Public Works). I never liked that obsoleting such policies could potentially hurt you. We'll see how this plays out in practice, and I'll try to push out a new version within the next week or two.

I tested your current Version of this mod quite a lot and really enjoyed it. I tested your mod with smoother difficulty, Moar Units, AI, CQUI and Better costal tiles and it worked fine.

Magil updated Expanded Economy with a new update entry:

Update

Changelog 0.9.3
  • Warmonger penalties for declaring war increased.
  • Warmonger penalties for the following actions adjusted: Capturing a city incurs only 25% of the war declaration as a warmonger penalty (down from 50%).
  • Warmonger penalty for capturing the final city of a major civilization is now doubled rather than tripled, and 150% rather than 200% for a minor civilization.
  • Warmonger penalties from other Civs at war with your target are now reduced by 80% (up from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update v0.9.3
It's been a bit over a month since I posted this mod, and I've been working on-and-off on an update. This is pretty ambitious project so naturally it's been a bit overwhelming for me, but for a full go-through on what's new in this version, check the above post. For a brief run-down:

• Changed the scaling of warmonger penalties so penalties for declaring war are closer to the vanilla game (though still reduced, especially in later eras), but warmonger penalties for various actions like capturing cities have been reduced. This should hopefully keep the AI from being as war-happy as it was in the previous version.
  • Introduced a new "maintenance" system which scales with the amount of cities you have and the amount of districts in a given city. In particular I am looking for feedback on this, as the numbers are a little raw and you will see that maintenance costs for early cities and districts is reduced from the previous version, but as you build more and more cities and districts it increases exponentially. This values may be adjusted in a future update.
  • Unit and wonder policy cards affecting build times increased to 30%, and now affect all units up to a certain era, rather than just two eras.
  • Various bug fixes and code cleanup.

Depending on feedback, I may release a 0.9.4 quickly to adjust the numbers in this version or try and fix any bugs that pop up. Things I'm looking to adjust in future versions: diplomatic policies need a look. I'm still not 100% happy with the Precinct, it may be moved earlier in the civic tree (Early Empire?), and I'm looking for other ways to affect it with policies (this is not as easy as it sounds due to how the district works). Further adjustments to diplomacy may be made, but I want to keep in mind that this mod in particular is an Economic Overhaul, not a Diplomatic one. Mostly I'm concerned with the Friendship bonuses and how they give you options to grow your empire in various ways depending on your allies. For now the bonuses are still at the "Friendship" mark because I want them to have an impact early in the game rather than only after Diplomatic Service, but this is still subject to change.

I'll be updating the PDF over the next day or so with all the changes.

Edit: Thanks to the mod for the thread move.

Last edited:
Goon friend, your mod is amazing! I'd love to test some more of it but its 2:38 am and I got plowed by the enemy. I really dig that you added your WW mod to this AND loving the policy changes.

I will play a LOT of your mod in this week. Good luck and thanks for updating it!

Do you think i can use Quo's Combined Tweaks with your mod ?
Thanks

Quo's Combined Tweaks overlaps a lot with the focus of this mod, so I don't think they can be run together. It would probably cause lots of errors and if it even loaded it'd likely have strange behavior.

Magil have you considered adding Great People? They dissapear asap with them new buildings and policies.

Magil have you considered adding Great People? They dissapear asap with them new buildings and policies.

It's definitely something I have considered, though generally I move quickly enough through the tech/civic tree that the number hasn't been a huge problem. It is an area of the game I would like to expand upon though.

In regards to the overall mod, for those curious, currently I'm not actively working on it as I'm playing other games, but I will come back to Civ eventually (I always do, I've been off and on since Civ II days). At which point I will look to update the mod some more, and I've been taking notes on things I could do when that happens. For your consideration: one area I'd like to address is resources. I want resources to be more involved and important. I've taken some steps towards this with the new Commercial Hub buildings and other buildings which utilize bonus resources. The next step would be strategic resources (and another look at how resources are currently being handled and how well they work, along with how I want them to work). This will naturally involve units, but my current idea is to have disassociate strategic resources from units directly, but instead have buildings which can upgrade units utilizing strategic resources to do so. Ideally I'd like it to be something like, if a unit enters an encampment/city and the owner has the strategic resource, it receives a combat bonus based on the resource (if it doesn't already have it obviously). Alternately, a mutually exclusive option would be to utilize the strategic resource for economic benefit. This would require some balancing, but it's one concept I have in mind and I plan to work with it to see how far it can go.

Looking through the changes, it seems that villages are hugely powerful. There barely seems to be a reason to build anything but villages?

Still, this is a very interesting mod. Some of the best ideas on how to add more economic control in Civ6 that I've seen on these forums.

Looking through the changes, it seems that villages are hugely powerful. There barely seems to be a reason to build anything but villages?

Still, this is a very interesting mod. Some of the best ideas on how to add more economic control in Civ6 that I've seen on these forums.

Villages are powerful--but they need to be worked. The gameplay I'm going for is essentially that there are three resources players balance: you have food, which feeds citizens, and you need food to grow and work more tiles. You have production, which grants you buildings, which by an large act as multipliers to your other yields (also, units to protect your cities/conquer other cities, and other things like district projects). And you have your economic resources, which are all essentially a currency you use to buy things in one way or another: tech, culture, etc. They are different in various ways but for this mod I've largely grouped them together to try and keep the amount of improvements smaller than having different improvements for every single resource. Unique improvements also factor into this, as I've made them function similarly to villages in some key ways, though not exactly the same. Whether or not I've accomplished this is certainly up for debate. But villages by themselves cannot produce food or production in large quantities, only what the base terrain provides (some specific exceptions like Public Transportation aside), so that's in line with the intent, and I've also scaled back the amounts of those two resources in particular you can get from trade routes.

If there does prove to be an imbalance there, I can look to the yields of improvements like farms, mines, fishing boats, and lumber mills to see if they are providing enough bang for their buck, or if the current growth/production thresholds need to be adjusted, or even if the buildings/policies that boost those things need another look. It's a careful balancing act to be sure, and it'll probably take me a while to even notice a problem if it's not immediately obvious. It may be that villages are OP compared to other improvements, in which case, I'll be working on that to be sure. Certainly I currently imagine that some unique improvements need a look, as despite my own buff to them there are probably still imbalances between them that I will need to address. That will probably be done when I give a more in-depth look to resources and terrain (I've done some general adjustments there, but there's a lot more I imagine I could do).

Is this compatible with these mods (in decreasing order of importance)

CQUI
Research Reminder
Show Diplomatic Deals v1.05
Wondrous Wonders
Better Coastal Cities and Water Tiles
Fish Farms
Lumbermills for Rainforests
Dynamic Diplomacy (Updated)
Dynamic Diplomacy (Australia DLC)
Dynamic Diplomacy (Poland DLC)
8 Ages Of Pace
8 Ages Of War
Mads Tech Tree
TougherCityStates
GDG Scout_Submarines_Ranger Ignore Borders
Unlimited Barbarian XP
AlertGuard
Immersive Dialogue

Since Wondrous Wonders is also created by you, I guess they would be compatible? And it is generally compatible with CQUI, other than the "no response" when clicking in Production Panel to build a mutually excluded building?

I suspect the following may not be compatible
- "Better Coastal Cities and Water Tiles" because it modifies terrain yields and harbor buildings' yields
- "Fish Farms" and "Lumbermills for Rainforest" because they modify improvements ("Fish Farms" allows fish farming on any sea tiles.)
- "Dynamic Diplomacy" because it modifies warmonger penalties and gives friendship benefits

The other mods should be compatible, right?

Last edited:
I'm getting this error in my Modding.log. It appears to be caused by Expanded Economy:

Status: Expanded Economy (cde8bee6-3006-44ee-b7ce-620dc7186bc4)
[3868086.360] Status: Game configuration matches target configuration.
[3868086.360] Status: Successfully reconfigured game.
[3868096.027] Status: The following required components are missing:
[3868096.027] Status: 02A8BDDE-67EA-4D38-9540-26E685E3156E : AztecMontezumaGameplay
[3868096.027] ERROR: Error occurred while trying to resolve component dependencies.
[3868096.074]

To answer the obvious question, yes I have the Aztec DLC and it's active.

Top Bottom