1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Expanded Economy 0.9.6

An overhaul mod focused on the economy.

1. Magil

Magil Monarch

I don't know what could cause that. Maybe load order is forcing EE to load before the Aztec DLC? I can't mod right now because of computer woes but I'm going to look into that in about a week or so when I have a new PC.

2. bladex

bladex Chieftain

it takes forever to build anything especially settlers. later on you can't even get an army ready you've practically hand-capped everything! meanwhile the cheating AI is pumping out units and settlers like there's no tomorrow and constantly attacking me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. Magil

Magil Monarch

As for updates to this mod: I currently don't have a computer that can play Civ VI, but I have a new one on order that should be coming in a week or two. When that time comes I will certainly update the mod to the latest patch.

I'd find that strange, as if anything I've always found that later in the game production is faster with this mod enabled, though it does encourage building units in cities specialized towards that purpose (the construction yard building makes constructing buildings fairly fast in any developed city).

I know that reducing the base production of hills may slow down production in some cases though, I'm considering increasing the base production of mines to compensate.

4. Rambo919

Rambo919 Chieftain

5. Magil

Magil Monarch

6. Magil

Magil Monarch

For the record, I am having an issue with the custom buildings. I'm working on it. I've managed to get them to show up again, but they're sinking into the ground and I haven't yet identified the cause.

7. Magil

Magil Monarch

So basically, looks like I need to remake Landmarks.artdef from scratch, for some reason the old one is causing issues. That'll take some time, but I'll have some free time over the holidays hopefully to get this done.

8. Magil

Magil Monarch

Magil updated Expanded Economy with a new update entry:

Expanded Economy (Early Beta v.0.9.6)

Changelog 0.9.6
    • Further changes have been made to the code to integrate into the Fall Civ Patch (sorry for the delay). All ArtDef problems should be fixed, please report any exclamation points.
    • Prasats, Dar-E-Mehrs, and Stupas have been updated to better fit into how this mod works.
    • The .modinfo file has been fixed with updates to game code. This should allow the first few DLCs to work again, sorry to break it.
    • Professional Sports Inspiration boost changed to building 2 Arenas (down from 4).
    • Normalized the yields of unimproved resources. This was done by reducing the yield of certain resources to 2 gold or 1 other yield.
    • The above is being balanced out by introducing a bonus system for improved resources, which grants all improved resources additional yields.
    • Irrigation now gives +1 Food to farms built adjacent to rivers, lakes, and oases.
    • The Firing Range now provides +1 Housing and +1 Great General points per turn to bring it in line with the Barracks and Stable.
    • Removed production bonus to quarries from the Construction Yard.
    • Instead, moved production yield increase to quarries from Rocketry to Construction. Combined with the above improvement modifiers, the overall yields shouldn't change much but should come earlier.
    • Added new bonus yields to plantations and camps at Feudalism. The bonus yield depends on the improved resource.
    • Reduced regional food output of the Plant Processing Center, Meat Processing Plant, Agribusiness, and Supermarket to 3.
    • Instead of providing local bonuses to resources, the Meat and Plant Processing buildings now provide food for various resources you have access to.
    • Removed the local farm boost from Agribusiness, and added a foreign trade route bonuse to the building: +5 gold for you, and +3 food for the foreign city.
    • Changed the Supermarket. It no longer provides a local food/gold boost to resources and +25% gold. Instead, it provides +3% Gold for each food-based resource you control. It also provides +5% Growth in your entire empire.

Not super happy with all the changes in this update, but it should fix the artdef problems so I thought I should stop putting off posting the update. I'll probably continue to tinker with this stuff for now.

9. Magil

Magil Monarch

Let's talk Rise and Fall. I fully intend to update the mod for the update, but I want to get a couple more updates out before then to get it into a state I like beforehand. Naturally I'm expecting Rise and Fall to flip things on their heads, but I'm actually optimistic that I can work with the changes in a way that fully fits the way the mod has developed so far.

The Government Plaza appears to essentially a different incarnation of EE's Administrative Precinct in flavor. In function, well, it's quite different, and so I'll need to see how it shakes out before I decide how to apply my concepts to it. Different types of alliances are a natural extension of the Friendship Bonuses this mod uses (which I will not claim as my own original idea, I will credit the proper source which is Quo's mods). One screenshot shows what appears to be a harbor district covered with Entertainment buildings, which suggests district specialization and choosing different paths for districts might be in the cards--which is something this mod already does (or if that's a new district, I could potentially rework it in a way that turns it into that). So while I know this isn't my most popular mod, it's my baby and pet project and I intend to keep working with it and tinkering with it for VI's life-cycle.

10. VIncenzo B

VIncenzo B Chieftain

Just a quick feedback. I tried using the mod in CIV6 for Mac (from Apple Store) and the game does not start. Namely, I click on "Single Player", then "Create Game" (default choices) and the game bounces back to CIV 6 starting screen.

11. Magil

Magil Monarch

I can't be certain of Mac-related stuff, but this kind of thing suggests a major error that will be noted in the Database.log file. In a windows machine it's in the My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Logs/ folder. Since I can't replicate the problem myself I'd need to know if there was anything out of place in that file to be able to diagnose the problem.

12. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

Looks like an interesting mod. With the Courthouse, have you considered giving it the ability it had in Civ4-namely reduced maintenance cost for the city its built in? Just an idea.

1SDAN likes this.
  13. Magil

Magil Monarch

I had considered it, but haven't seen the need for it as of yet. With that said, some starts are more gold-poor than others, and maintenance can be a real factor in the early game for expansion, so I may introduce something to counteract that earlier in the game (with the proper investment, of course). I'm going to probably save further re-evaluating of the Precinct and its buildings for Rise and Fall since I know I'll need to do a big overhaul of it then anyway.

14. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

Well, again from Civilization IV, # of Cities & Distance from Capital used to be multipliers to base City Maintenance costs, which was recognized as the best ever solution to Infinite City Sleaze......finally allowing Tall & Wide strategies to compete on a more equal footing. So not sure if the game has any tags for such modifiers. If it did, though, then you could apply those modifiers then have Courthouses act to reduce the total cost of the city.

Hope that makes sense.

1SDAN likes this.
  15. Magil

Magil Monarch

Oh, I know what you mean, and I agree it's been the best approach to maintenance in the franchise in my book. With that said, I don't think distance to capital is really something I can implement very well at the current stage (my current check is based on # of cities and # of districts). It might be possible outside of the XML, or by using a -lot- of code, but for now I've looked other ways to approach the issue. Currently the Palace gives a little bit of extra gold income to cities within 6 tiles, which helps incentivize settling close to your capital in the early game.

1SDAN likes this.
  16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Gedemon set up a system for pathfinding from one point to another with a fixed max distance for his mod, perhaps he'd be willing to let you use that code. Since cities don't move over the course of the game, it maybe probably hopefully won't be a huge slog if the game has to calculate the distance to the owner's capital that way whenever a new city is built or captured or the capital moved.