Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minus 4 to 8

• Other

• Total voters

Ohwell

Deity
This poll is about what we should do with our expeditionary force. Whatever types of units that are requested will be told to the governors by me, and they will have to build them within a certain deadline, but I will give no real deadline, as this is a test.

Our expeditionary force, that is our offensive capabilities, is listed here:

Horsemen- 1
Crusaders- 4
Triremes- 3

Currently 4 more Crusaders are being built.
A knight is also being built.

Cities with over three defense units are available to send pikemen into the force.

Available pikemen- 4

I feel no fear from taking offensive units from the Motherland, as well as an occasional Pikeman. But the island colonies need all the current units.

We have enough forces to take a Roman city or two which will give us Astronomy and a peace treaty.

Our empire is hard pressed to build up economical and scientifical infrastructure at the moment (trade caravans, libraries, aqueducts, granaries, ...). Further more there are several wonders that need to be build quickly. Since we have a low production basis, we cannot afford a costly military campaign at the moment IMHO. We should make do with the expeditionary force that we already have.

(As you may notice, I am not a warmonger. :) At the moment, anyway.)

With 4 crusaders and 4 in the works, we probably do not need to increase our force past the occaisional governor's poll decision. The reason is that nobody seems to want war - the latest poll seemed to indicate people wish to play defensively (and in my opinion VERY conservatively).

I agree with Mr. Spice and I've been advocating for a while now a quick strike at Roman concerns to net us a city and Astronomy.

Perhaps with some new units online, OhWell could revisit the prospect of attacking the Romans!!! I think with the added incentive of Astronomy we may be able to shake some votes out for a battle!!

And the diplo leader should put something up about making peace with the Zulus and the English. If we're not going to attack, we should try for peace each turn.

The Romans are ripe!! Let's "pluck" 'em!

I'm not exactly sure what I'm voting on in this poll, but I think the current and already in production Crusadors should be sufficient for a precision strike against a Roman city, or whatever else we decide on. We're not quite in a position for all-out war just yet. I also agree we should strike the Romans to establish an advance base on their land for future actions.

Top Bottom