Exploration : your unit got lost !

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
What if every unit except scouts and maybe trade routes would have a 33% chance to get lost if not on a road or track, and also, INLAND ? Like the sea ships in earlier Civs. But INLAND. I know that feature was unpopular, even to me, but :

- That would emphasis the use of roads and scouts terribly. Scouts could have more skirmish-centered promotions : they might be able to both melee and range attack from start and have more regular upgrades, to the point they would change names and function, like armies of "scouts" being your avant-garde or harassing enemies on their territory. As to roads, there might have the need to build them in different/additionnal ways than in Civ6.

- Plus, by "lost", I don't mind vanish like a data be put on 0. Those units would still exist, it's just that you would have lost control and vision from them. You could still recover them in the form of a new village or encampment, internal forces inside a village or foreign city (provided they didn't get assimilated by that time), or, being moved randomly from the time you lost them, simply that they may have randomly find their tracks back by luck.

To make the thing even more fun, I think that settlers should not have lost immunity like scouts and trade routes.

N.B. : to evenmore emphasis scouts, we could see them grab territory, litterally, where they go, and even place landmarks for troops that would act nearly as full actual roads. (but it would slow down the scout, moving from 3-4 to 1 only on that mode)

Reactions: PiR
What if every unit except scouts and maybe trade routes would have a 33% chance to get lost if not on a road or track, and also, INLAND ? Like the sea ships in earlier Civs. But INLAND. I know that feature was unpopular, even to me, but :

- That would emphasis the use of roads and scouts terribly. Scouts could have more skirmish-centered promotions : they might be able to both melee and range attack from start and have more regular upgrades, to the point they would change names and function, like armies of "scouts" being your avant-garde or harassing enemies on their territory. As to roads, there might have the need to build them in different/additionnal ways than in Civ6.

- Plus, by "lost", I don't mind vanish like a data be put on 0. Those units would still exist, it's just that you would have lost control and vision from them. You could still recover them in the form of a new village or encampment, internal forces inside a village or foreign city (provided they didn't get assimilated by that time), or, being moved randomly from the time you lost them, simply that they may have randomly find their tracks back by luck.

To make the thing even more fun, I think that settlers should not have lost immunity like scouts and trade routes.

N.B. : to evenmore emphasis scouts, we could see them grab territory, litterally, where they go, and even place landmarks for troops that would act nearly as full actual roads. (but it would slow down the scout, moving from 3-4 to 1 only on that mode)
I acttaully really like these ideas

Top Bottom