Expression: false
----------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0638.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • AutoSave_TURN-0639.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
upload_2021-8-23_16-24-26.png

This imp is adjacent to a giant spider, aka a living unit. Why can't the imp cast Rust?

Attachments

• alexa TURN-0644.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Clicking on the "Drop Patrian Artifact" Button on the "Patrian Artifact" item caused the following error:

"
Assert Failed
File: CvInfos.cpp
Line: 13281
Expression: i > -1
----------------------------------------------------------"

Despite this I was able to access the Patrian Artifact page once I clicked "Ignore Once" on this message

hi there lfgr, thanks for keeping EMM alive :D

I've noticed Terkhen forgot to include my version of Nikis-Knight's Erebus for EMM in the archive, so I've gone ahead and enabled tech propagation and no tech trading as per his post here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/nikis-knights-erebus-for-extramodmod.527785/#post-13776266

I've also moved a couple resource spots near Illian lands to make them more evenly spaced, and changed a snow tile to impassable ice so the AI doesn't settle a terrible city on it

I had received a bug report that Brigit got killed by the Lanun worldspell a while ago so I was tempted to edit the map a bit to have land around the ring of carcer, but I'm not sure if that's still an issue as I haven't noticed it happening in testing

Attachments

• KE huge ICE.rar
    41.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
New release: 0.6.0-beta7
Download setup | Download archive

As usual, this includes the latest MNAI-U version (see release notes). I also revised/fixed a few events and fixed a few EMM-specific bugs, like the Möbius witch spell spheres. For more information, see the full changelog (also in the download as emm_changelog.md).

Thanks to everybody for bug reports and discussion. The "feature freeze" phase took way longer this time, which is why a lot of recent reports haven't made it into the release.

Love to see the new update!

"I do plan to rework the Revolutions component further, and I will make a separate post soon where you can read and comment on my ideas."

When you make this post could you link to it here? I'm sorry to create more work for you, but I don't follow the MNAI-U thread closely and I would really appreciate a heads-up here for this discussion.

Revolutions is one of my personal favorite parts of the game, though I understand that there are difficulties with it. I think it really makes the world more dynamic and I'm super interested to see what you have in store for it

When you make this post could you link to it here? I'm sorry to create more work for you, but I don't follow the MNAI-U thread closely and I would really appreciate a heads-up here for this discussion.
Yes, I'll do that. The plan is not quite done yet, but I'm looking forward to read what you think then.

I just tried the modmod and there are a lot of features I like.

The world builder, however, seems restricted. For example, you can only add vampires to the calabim and cannot add warriors to the calabim. Or concerning promotions, lvl I spell spheres can only be added to arcane units, but lvl II and III spell spheres can be added to all units. It is very restricted. This seems to be a general problem with the platy builder. Is there a way to circumvent this or revert to the old original world builder?

Last edited:
You have to click/disable "Hide inactive", the fifth button in the third row in the top right box, with the red skull on it. That lifts all restrictions.

Thx, that works!

Is it intentional that Water II does not grant the spell for water walking anymore but simply allows the unit to walk on water?

I got an error when I tried to start the mod. The docx contains screenshots of the errors that came up. When I got to the main menu I couldn't open the civilopedia. I didn't go further

Attachments

• ErrorOnStartup.docx
    5.2 MB · Views: 24
I think so, but I just deleted my entire mod and reinstalled it again and this error went away and I can load the mod without errors and my civilopedia loads so whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed.

Today I learned, to my great surprise, that undead can become negatively affected by the Diseased promotion. I'm not sure how that would work but I guess not even death can protect you from COVID XD

I've had a chance to play a bit and I'm seeing that the changes the revolutions have made early rush builds (Clan of Embers, Doviello) viable again. Before disconnected conquered enemy capitals were basically guaranteed to revolt before you could do anything to stabilize them. Now there's a bit more time to bring them into the fold. This warms my orcish heart, so I've started up a clan of embers game

I have two thoughts about goblins and wolf riders:

1: I'm not sure if this is currently true, but it would be cool if capturing stronger wolves made stronger wolf riders. I saw a wolf pack with 10 strength in the deep wilderness. I wasn't able to fight it with goblins... but imagine if I was. It would have been quite sad to only get a strength 4 wolf rider out of it. If I beat fenrir with goblins, I want to ride him into battle afterwards!

2: It would be cool if capturing hyenas made hyena riders. Access to wolves is heavily dependent on starting location. So is hiring goblins from goblin forts. So is "For the Horde". Adding hyena riders would make the clan of embers less dependent on a favorable starting location. That said, I did beat my AI opponent (Bannor) with a few hard-to-reach wolves, no nearby goblin forts and no help from "For the Horde" so I can see the case for not doing it (being able to snag founding Fellowship of Leaves was what saved me, I was totally going to lose that war). Hyenas are harder to tame than wolves IRL, but never underestimate human inginuity https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ot-fear-in-ethiopias-harar-city-idUSKBN1A21GQ. If boring IRL humans can do that, why not our fantasy goblin and ork boyz. Ultimately though, I think you just need to imagine how cool/terrifying goblins riding into battle atop cackling hyenas would be to understand why this would be a great addition to the game. Aragorn will need new pants after he sees these warg riders :c5war:

Top Bottom