ExtraModMod continued

In the "ExtraMagic.xml" I see a Greater Slow, but it does not seem implemented. Am I missing something?

TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_SLOW_GREATER</Tag>
<English>Greater Slow</English>
<Spanish>Ralentizar Mayor</Spanish>
</TEXT>

Random suggestion: make adventurer guilds also give xp to naval units and allow for naval adventurers if possible. Would be nice for there to be other nations with naval bonuses/niches outside the Lanun "we have all water forever fudge you"

edit: also a one click 100-0 for sliders, if thats not already in

Last edited:
Is ship trading working as intended?
The AI loooooooves galleys for some reason, often will give me around 1000g or everything in their treasury.
Here Cassiel is offering me two Frigates, a Privateer, 12g per turn and several resources just for one little unpromoted boat. Feels a little busted

Attachments

• galleytrade.png
    galleytrade.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
Is ship trading working as intended?
The AI loooooooves galleys for some reason, often will give me around 1000g or everything in their treasury.
Here Cassiel is offering me two Frigates, a Privateer, 12g per turn and several resources just for one little unpromoted boat. Feels a little busted
Well that's certainly not intended. I'll look into it.

Maybe WAD, but I got an Axeman from the Dwarves vs Lizardmen event as the Shieam and cannot upgrade the unit to an Eidolon. Would it be worthwhile to allow for Warriors/Axemen to be able to directly upgrade to them rather than have to path through to Champion first?

fake edit: hijacking this comment to not triple post, but does anyone else have problem with really high war exhaustion crippling your nation in the lategame? Always a bit exasperating to be fighting an existential war for survival only for your core to riot/strike themselves into mass starvation, doubly so when you can't even peace out (or generally from defensive wars). Like guys, im trying my best here but the giant horde of demons doesn't want to negotiate a truce, so maybe keep on working in your idylic farm so they dont reach you?

double fake edit: gonna put in a feature request for a stationary auto-sanctify so I can manage hell terrain a bit more finely without having to either let the AI run rampant or micro a bunch every turn

Last edited:
getting a ctd when loading this save (and had one when ending the turn from it) and no idea why. Will try and do further testing to narrow (both saves should be roughly the same)

edit: its almost certainly from me world builder reviving hyboream hero and/or civ as a pseudo-puppet state since he got absolutely squashed in one turn when I legit summoned him, lmao

edit2: yeah im gonna guess almost certainly from giving them Hyborem from world builder which counted as a 2nd, gave them a life 3 mage instead and that seemed to be stable. Let this be a lesson to all etc..

Last edited:
Maybe WAD, but I got an Axeman from the Dwarves vs Lizardmen event as the Shieam and cannot upgrade the unit to an Eidolon. Would it be worthwhile to allow for Warriors/Axemen to be able to directly upgrade to them rather than have to path through to Champion first?

fake edit: hijacking this comment to not triple post, but does anyone else have problem with really high war exhaustion crippling your nation in the lategame? Always a bit exasperating to be fighting an existential war for survival only for your core to riot/strike themselves into mass starvation, doubly so when you can't even peace out (or generally from defensive wars). Like guys, im trying my best here but the giant horde of demons doesn't want to negotiate a truce, so maybe keep on working in your idylic farm so they dont reach you?
I wonder if you could make war weariness depend on the alignment and the religion of the faction you're fighting. e.g. people will revolt if your fighting a fellow good reasonable leader who follows Junil's Code (Order), or a fellow wicked worshiper of the Ashen Veil, but war weariness will be much less if you're in an existential struggle against the evil hordes of Hyboream, or against those vicious fanatical designated-good Order thugs

I wonder if you could make war weariness depend on the alignment and the religion of the faction you're fighting. e.g. people will revolt if your fighting a fellow good reasonable leader who follows Junil's Code (Order), or a fellow wicked worshiper of the Ashen Veil, but war weariness will be much less if you're in an existential struggle against the evil hordes of Hyboream, or against those vicious fanatical designated-good Order thugs
Yeah something like this would be ideal, but im not even sure how to look at whats influencing current war exhaustion and much how to counter it other than a few buildings and forcing peace by various means. Like in my current game everytime the Bannor comes knocking all my cities immediately hop back with an extra -40+ unhappiness, and the only mitigation that'd even buy time at this point is swapping to despotism/nationhood, which would probably just tank my economy from a different direction? In a golden age so I can check how much swapping from +25% to -75% changes, but thank god you can slave rush the tower of mastery bc im so done with this lmao

Unrelated, but noticed AI Hyb not settling any more manes in his capital after 102 pop, but also not expanding to a second city or upgrading them so he's got hundreds of manes wandering about. Seems suboptimal, if nothing else making Despero a 1000 pop city with insane dozen+ unit multibuilds seems better than using them as chaffe.

edit: alright swapping to those two did compeltely get rid of them (though dropping sacrifice the weak just lead to mass starvation anyhow), just swapping from City State to Despotism cut down on the unhappiness to a much more managable -10 or so, though it does feel whack that the starting civic ends up being a must-run for any sufficiently late game with aggro AI.

edit2: it does also feel a bit off that you can't directly gold/whip buy your way through the Towers (or Altar), but you can with one step removed via slave trade. Dunno if there's an elegant fix for that, i'd be incredibly salty in an MP if someone did what I just did to the AI (rush out three towers in one turn, finish Mastery the next) lmao. It's not even particularly expensive for the late game either, especially if you ended up addicted to gambling house happiness like I was

Last edited:
"Random Good Leader"

I really don't mind this bug because its always fun to have more diversity of leaderheads in this game, but I figured I'd let you know in case its valuable to have an example of it.

Attachments

• Flauros TURN-0570.CivBeyondSwordSave
    516.7 KB · Views: 10
  • RandomGoodLeader.png
    RandomGoodLeader.png
    764.7 KB · Views: 64
A good example of what I mean when I say the AI acts like a lemming: Judecca just moved two unprotected galleys of troops (one of which had Rosier The Fallen) into range of a city they knew had ships (they'd fought those ships before) when there were triremes nearby able to protect the galleys. This is unfortunately not unique.

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0621.CivBeyondSwordSave
    564 KB · Views: 9
Why can't the paramander in Ithralia with a great general attack? It doesn't have an effect like blinded. Its unit circle is green (it hasn't moved). Neither of the defending heros has an effect that stops units from attacking. It can enter forests. I don't understand...

Attachments

• Flauros TURN-0723.CivBeyondSwordSave
    709.6 KB · Views: 10
It looks like the Illians no longer gain Aggressive upon discovering Letum Frigus--is this right? Made me a sad panda :(

Some suggestions:

1. When you recreate a lobby, it would be nice if the last game's settings were memorized since it's annoying to reselect them each rehost.

2. The AI seems to love producing missionaries more than anything else. Is there a way to lower that probability?

3. In FFH2, Pact of Nilhorn is misspelled and should be Pact of Milhouse because you get the three presidents Moe, Joe, and Curly (who were Bush, Carter and Clinton in the Simpsons).

It looks like the Illians no longer gain Aggressive upon discovering Letum Frigus--is this right? Made me a sad panda :(
The only change I could find in the code is that you have to be the first player to reach it overall; in vanilla FfH, you only have to be the first human player.

I found Letum Frigus as the Illians in the latest build of EMM, and I got a golden age. In the XML I found this

file:///C:/GOG%20Games/Civilization%20IV%20Complete/Civ4/Beyond%20the%20Sword/Mods/ExtraModMod/Assets/XML/Events/CIV4EventInfos.xml

<EventInfo>
<!-- LETUM_FRIGUS_3 -->
<Type>EVENT_LETUM_FRIGUS_3</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_LETUM_FRIGUS_3</Description>
<bGoldenAge>1</bGoldenAge>
<iMaxNumReligions>-1</iMaxNumReligions>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/Blank.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,5</Button>
<iAIValue>1000</iAIValue>
<PrereqCivilization>CIVILIZATION_ILLIANS</PrereqCivilization>
</EventInfo>

I could not find the equivalent of this code block in base FFH2.

Some queries:
  • Is it possible to make unit level (or promotions) affect the power count? Obviously a 50xp Paramander is far stronger than a 5xp one, and I'm sure we've all been in situations where, 2-3 wars in, you have a hyper-promoted army but the AI keeps declaring because their power ratio is higher. It gets a bit annoying swatting at flies.
  • Is it possible to free a puppet state? I've just had a ally eliminated, and whilst obviously I can bring them back, it would be nice to be able to make them independent as well.
  • Could we add a notification for when a player or AI is building the final Altar? I just had a game where I was very cautiously preparing myself to finish the Draw (with an uber-powerful AI that I needed to secure against), only for said AI to suddenly win via Altar.
  • Could Purge the Unfaithful be made a national wonder/ritual? In the same game I was being very cautious of losing a Religious victory, but didn't really have any options to stop the spread (especially as the Illians).

Another request: currently, Galleons (and Galleys) obsolete once you have access to QotL. Unfortunately, QotL are much slower (not to mention more expensive). Is it possible to make it so Galleons don't expire?

I found Letum Frigus as the Illians in the latest build of EMM, and I got a golden age. In the XML I found this

file:///C:/GOG%20Games/Civilization%20IV%20Complete/Civ4/Beyond%20the%20Sword/Mods/ExtraModMod/Assets/XML/Events/CIV4EventInfos.xml

<EventInfo>
<!-- LETUM_FRIGUS_3 -->
<Type>EVENT_LETUM_FRIGUS_3</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_LETUM_FRIGUS_3</Description>
<bGoldenAge>1</bGoldenAge>
<iMaxNumReligions>-1</iMaxNumReligions>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/Blank.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,5</Button>
<iAIValue>1000</iAIValue>
<PrereqCivilization>CIVILIZATION_ILLIANS</PrereqCivilization>
</EventInfo>

I could not find the equivalent of this code block in base FFH2.
My bad, I think I was looking at MNAI instead of EMM. Terkhen indeed changed the bonus from getting the Aggressive trait to a golden age, I assume for balance reasons. So this is intentional, sorry.

Some queries:
  • Is it possible to make unit level (or promotions) affect the power count? Obviously a 50xp Paramander is far stronger than a 5xp one, and I'm sure we've all been in situations where, 2-3 wars in, you have a hyper-promoted army but the AI keeps declaring because their power ratio is higher. It gets a bit annoying swatting at flies.
  • Is it possible to free a puppet state? I've just had a ally eliminated, and whilst obviously I can bring them back, it would be nice to be able to make them independent as well.
  • Could we add a notification for when a player or AI is building the final Altar? I just had a game where I was very cautiously preparing myself to finish the Draw (with an uber-powerful AI that I needed to secure against), only for said AI to suddenly win via Altar.
  • Could Purge the Unfaithful be made a national wonder/ritual? In the same game I was being very cautious of losing a Religious victory, but didn't really have any options to stop the spread (especially as the Illians).
I think one faction should be able to Purge the Unfaithful multiple times, or build inquisitor units like other mods allow

Top Bottom