Extremely basic scenario question

rwlarson

Chieftain
Hi, I'm a long-time Civ 3 player with a Mac, a G4. I've just gotten interested in scenarios, and I'd like to try a few--but I downloaded a ZIP file, unzipped it (I think), put the files in the Scenario file in the editor, but nothing appears in the Conquests window of my Mac C3C.
I'm sure there's some basic step I'm missing, but I haven't figured it out yet. Could someone help me out?
Thanks!

rwlarson said:
, put the files in the Scenario file in the editor,!

I don't think I fully understand this sentence. The editor for version 1.29 vanilla and the ones after that including the C3C editor where never ported to the mac.

Anyway, place the scenarios in this folder:
~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios/

It works for me.

GarretSidzaka said:
Good question. i am a AMD owner, but i imagine their might be a different way to load scenarios for macs. are the files even compatible?

They should be fully compatible. And as far as I know, they are! The scenarios are just files with data, the software just needs to interpret the data.

Civ4 is more problematic.

GarretSidzaka said:
Good question. i am a AMD owner, but i imagine their might be a different way to load scenarios for macs. are the files even compatible?
AMD is a company that makes processors, not operating systems.

And everything is fully compatible just that the directory structure is different for Mac and PC Civ3. So you need to locate each file manually and copy it there (or you have to analize the folder structure from Mac Civ3, and create exactly the same path to all the files in the scenario, just that in a different directory than the original game, in the folder Conquests\Scenarios)

Top Bottom