Extremely low framerate

Tangram

Chieftain
Hello everyone. I wish I had come here under better circumstances, but I need help getting this game to work. I have a really low framerate at all settings, and it only gets worse as the game progresses and more of the map is revealed. It's worst after conducting diplomacy, but in the end game merely taking a turn will bog my system down. I have to run a RAM defragger every ten minutes just to make the game playable. Also, the sound stutters during the intro and wonder movies.

My system:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1GB Corsair XMS Dual-Channel DDR400 RAM
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard (Nforce3 chipset)
Geforce FX5500 128Mb
WinXP SP2

What I've tried:
Reinstalling the game
Lowering the game's graphics settings
Installing latest video, sound, motherboard drivers, etc.
Flashed latest BIOS
Run the game with 3DAnalyzer (remove stuttering and force max pixel shader version 1.4)
Disabled trilinear filtering via the config file

I can't think of anything else that could possibly help at this point, and I've tried everything I've seen in these forums. Any ideas, other than writing angry emails demanding a functional copy of the game?

I have a great system too and encounter the same problem... I don't know what it is and I don't think anyone else here does either

Tangram said:
Hello everyone. I wish I had come here under better circumstances, but I need help getting this game to work. I have a really low framerate at all settings, and it only gets worse as the game progresses and more of the map is revealed. It's worst after conducting diplomacy, but in the end game merely taking a turn will bog my system down. I have to run a RAM defragger every ten minutes just to make the game playable. Also, the sound stutters during the intro and wonder movies.

What I've tried:
Reinstalling the game
Lowering the game's graphics settings
Installing latest video, sound, motherboard drivers, etc.
Flashed latest BIOS
Run the game with 3DAnalyzer (remove stuttering and force max pixel shader version 1.4)
Disabled trilinear filtering via the config file

I can't think of anything else that could possibly help at this point, and I've tried everything I've seen in these forums. Any ideas, other than writing angry emails demanding a functional copy of the game?

yep, i've been having the same exact symptoms. i've tried most everything you have (and some other things). they only HELP for a bit, they don't cure the problem.

i do seem to be able to play the game most of the way through on a small map. not sure whether this means there's a video mem problem? or a system mem problem? i have 128/512 respectively, which meet the recommended specs. the page file issue MIGHT seem to be worthwhile checking out, but my very novice tech brain seems to indicate there is a memory issue (leak?) going on as resources just get consumed as the game progresses.

Top Bottom