FA: Japanatican French Mutual Protection Pact.

Nobody

Gangster
Japanatican French Mutual Protection Pact.

Japantica stands as the worlds dominant super power, but as the recent Russian Crisis has shown us, we are not invincible there a list of smaller powers that if united could pose a threat to us, this list includes China, Russia, America and France. To fight a war against anyone of these nations would stretch our military to its limit. And recently some of these great powers have been signing agreements between each other to defend each other.
An alliance between two great such as the American/Russia Mutual protection pact, or even between a great power and a lesser nations such as the Russo-Aztec Defence League could potentially threat our nation. We could not fight two large nations at once, and we would be stretched to fight one large and one small.

To counter these recent Foreign Alliances we must form some of our own. The obvious partner is France, this nation to our north has a large and modern military force. Has never attacked another nation and would make great allies. Also France is the only nation on our continent that can challenge us with our northern border protected we can feel free to put down any Iroquois or Zulu rebellions.

I propose we sign a Mutual Protection Pact and a Right of Passage agreement. Both of which would be free.

Please discuss and will poll later.

The common border is not large and there are only 2 other nations of considerable size on our continent: Babylon (technologically inferior, we could crush them easily) and Zululand (both nations share borders with Zulu). To that end, I'm against RoP, but I will consider the MPP portion. It could be a sort of a Pro-Kyrou Union, making the other powers think twice before invading. As well as bringing Shaka to heel.

/me is imagining a political cartoon seeing a Franco-Japatanican MPP as a bear trap with Shaka about to be caught.

I agree. A Franco-Japanatican MPP is an excellent idea. But let's hold off from signing ROPs for a while.

i was thinking of babylon, if this goes ok i will propose one after the next turn chat.

As far as the RoP goes, i was assuming that if the people of japanatica, wanted a MPP they would stand by it, therefore we would want to defend our ally france, and a rop would allow us to do so. When i poll i will says

Both MPP and RoP
Just MPP
Just RoP
None
Abastain

I am against MPPs at this point as it can include the danger of our reputation being ruined when the MPP is invoked. Wait until closer to the modern age when warfare is less likely.

Example if we have a MPP with France and Russia attacks France then we declare war on Russia automatically breaking any deals we have with Russia. I have sometimes (but not always) seen this cause a rep hit in some of my personal games.

France MP pact is great idea, France proved to be peaceful neighbour through the history.
Btw, even if we would wage war versus all nations from other continent they could hardly pose a threat to Japanatica due to naval war (which AI can't handle well), while the threat of France would be much more dangerous and it would probably include heavy casualties in case of war.

Example if we have a MPP with France and Russia attacks France then we declare war on Russia automatically breaking any deals we have with Russia.

You cant make a omlete without breaking a few eggs.

...and this is one essential omelet. French onions and cheese, together with our unagi (oh yes) and eggs make a breakfast/brunch dish much more delectable than the hodge-podge Atarashika shepherd's pie.

NO! For reasons MOTH outlined, and others - do we want a world war? We do have war weariness. Waiting 20 turns, and against some nations, throw some embargos in (no luxuries), and war weariness, our happiness could turn out bad.

Vote no.

What good does this bring us? No additional security, and if France will declare war, we either will see it coming, or move more troops to the north right now.

Let me just point out, France has never gone to war with anyone. They are the symbol of pacifism and coexistance on our planet. I see no reason not to ally with this progressive nation. We as Japanaticans have the opportunity to lead the world into a new era of progress and cooperation. But, we can't do it alone. Allying with a progressive nation like France can help us, help them, and help the world by solidifying our continent's balance of power.

Echo Echo Echo, Foxtrot Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet Kilo - KILL

Doctor, could please increase mr provelones medication, he seems to be in one of this "states" again.

Anyway people, there is a poll now so go and vote

Nobody said:
Doctor, could please increase mr provelones medication, he seems to be in one of this "states" again.

Anyway people, there is a poll now so go and vote

Will the FAmily break me kneecap if I don't? :mischief:

Will the FAmily break me kneecap if I don't?

What? we are not thugs no mater what you people might think. i was just asking people to vote, if they don't want to what can i do. Nothing especially nothing to your daughters tracy and lisa.

Nobody said:
What? we are not thugs no mater what you people might think. i was just asking people to vote, if they don't want to what can i do. Nothing especially nothing to your daughters tracy and lisa.

Ha! Look again, they're really undercover dummies implanted with bombs! :lol:

Umm... No. Bad idea. As far back as I can remember, the only thing that an AI does when it secures an MPP is promptly draw the other signee of the MPP into war. It's not even that hard for me to imagine the AI drawing us into war with other civilizations that we had just signed MPPs with.

I would also be inclined to advise against it. MPPs are on the whole only worthwhile if you actually wish to go to war but don't want to take the full rep hit for whatever agreements you'll have to break to do so. It may seem counterintuitive, but they are one of the last things you should think of getting involved in if you genuinely intend to remain at peace.

Top Bottom