1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall From Heaven Civ 5?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by jolietjake, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolietjake

jolietjake Chieftain

I have been a bit out of loop lately. I am wondering if there has been any talk/progress on a release of this legendary Mod for the newest version of Civilization, Civ 5? I would love to see how the game play would change with new options that are available in Civ 5. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated...

2. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Thread moved. Please note the Modpacks forum is for completed modpacks only, not question threads.

3. simonjphillips

simonjphillips Chieftain

I would love to know this too.

Perhaps it is too much work to remake it all over again for CIV 5

4. jolietjake

jolietjake Chieftain

It would suck to see this epic mod go to waste and not be continued to the new version of Civ with all of the new options and game play style. I guess I will have to keep playing Civ four til they come up with a solution to the demand for FFH...I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way...

5. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Chieftain

AFAIK, Kael has not stated any intention to do an FFH for Civ5 and nobody else wants to do it without him; you can probably find previous discussion on this with some searching. It's pretty well impossible until there's source access and other mod tool fixes anyhow.

6. jolietjake

jolietjake Chieftain

Well, that sucks for certain. Once again, I was looking forward to playing FFh with all the name game advancements and stuff. Imagine all the new techs of a version of FFh for Civ 5. It would be really cool to use mages and other arcane units with the new map style and troop positioning. I guess it will have to remain a fantasy until, if ever it is released.

So from what you said, the problem is that all of the modding tools have not yet been released and access to the code has not yet been established? I do not wish to take anything from Civ 5, but the modding community keeps the game strong and keeps people playing it again and again. I doubt I am the only person who also bought the game in anticipation of work beginning on their favorite mod, Fall From Heaven.

In any case, thanks to Kael and all who contributed to such a dope mod...

7. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Considering that jolietjake has asked the same question in two other threads and received the same answer - in detail - that would not be too difficult.

Moderator Action: Opening multiple threads on the same topic is spam. Thread closed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.