Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

I was asked multiple times by both Varn and Faeyna to join them in their crusades against one-another and it looks like varn is down to one city and the elf-lady is doing alright so we should maybe join her next time we are asked to get our diplomatic standing up with her...

Who should we attack after perp? do we want to? what sort of win do we want? I vote a) Luchirp then the good elves, and b) yes, and c) conquest.

i.

While Tower of Mastery is the most flavourful, I find it more easy to do conquest. I suppose we will destroy Perp. However, once he's gone the only threat is Faeryl, so taking her out when she's fighting Varn is optimal. We should use Esus to attack her major cities on turn 1 of war.

Anyways, we should be concerned with finding Kylorin.

Lord of the Hawks

Garric Kythwellar lived in Nimrail. He kept the national aviary, where messenger birds for the empire were trained, avian pedigrees were kept there, and the great ambasssador hawk had been born and enchanted there.

The Ambassador Hawk, as Valledia's court had dubbed him, was now respected more than any other bird in the world. While he flew over the ocean, near a Ljosalfar city, he noticed a city far to the south. Being gifted with speech he descended. He had reported to Garric the tiny seaport was archaic and freezing. He flew straight into the palace, where he met the king.

When Garric heard this news, he rushed to Valledia's Court in Cevedes to tell her the news. Her court was there, celebrating the capture of Tia'ran and Deluoc. The elves seiged Ocellos and only two Balseraph settlements were left.

He met with the Queen immediatley. The court had surronunded him. Remus the First, Jauque of Nimrail, and the governors and dukes of many cities were arrayed around the queen. She wore an elegant garment as she sat in her throne.

"You are welcome here Garric, son of Marius. I trust you have a good reason to disrupt our battle plans." Garric bowed and made a gesture which symbolized fealty. "Your most noble highness, the Ambassador bird returned to me. The southern landmass, dubbed Garduk, is inhabited. The Hawk contacted the king. His name is Auric Ulvin, Mulcarn reincarnated and King of the Illians!"

The entire court gasped, dumbfounded that their old enemies were alive. Only Valledia kept her composure. "I will need many ships. Jauque, you may see to that."

Screenshots to come!;)

OOC
  • We captured Tia'ran and Deluoc with no caualties.
  • We met Auric Ulvin, with only 260 points. We met him by use of a hawk.
  • We are researching astronomy, for a fleet to land in Garduk.
  • Perpentach founded the Empyrean and RoK in one city on the same turn :confused:
  • Guild of the Nine gave of two city garrison archers.
  • I only played 6 turns, because we are supposed to quit when we meet Auric Ulvin.

I assume it is. I'll get a worldbuilder save ASAP.
It doesn't make sense to keep loading WB saves. Each time we do so, we (and all the AI) have their hammers invested, GPP, even dipomacy- i think- not sure) reset. I can understand doing this once or twice in a long-lived game, but really, every two sets is not good for anyone (us or the AI) and ruins the continuity. Just choose a version to play with and stick with it.
My £0.02.
i.

I wasn't after another WB save and I agree totally, stick with this version. I'm going to try and see if I can swap between this version ("l" I assume) and the version of the Hyborem game ("i") with no great dramas.

I'm assuming I probably can't so will head back to the sidelines of this game for a little while longer. If I do, I'll post a story regarding recent events here first. Either way, something will be up tomorrow.

Sorry- my bad.
i.

Valledia stared hard into the night sky through the window of her private office, three pieces of paper laid out before her on the table. Words and phrases from all three were rushing about in her head, trying to stick together in a way that made sense. So far that had yet to happen. The information was all there and the conclusions to be drawn clear but what was she to do?

She looked at the first, the missive from Garric Kythwellar, for what was probably the hundredth time “His name is Auric Ulvin, Mulcarn reincarnated". Then the second, a message received many years ago from Arendel, “Kylorin slew Mulcarn to end the Age of Winter. Look to the Leptim Frigus if you wish to find him again.” And lastly the third, recently received from Auric Ulvin himself, “He has been put beyond your reach, witch.”

Try as she might, Valledia was unable to think of any way this situation could be resolved through diplomatic means. Auric had both the stubbornness of the Malakim, of which he once was, and the madness of the Illian competing inside him. Neither one was going to just hand over Kylorin and any remaining Amurites that had fallen under his control.

Sighing, Valledia rose from her chair and prepared for the long and difficult meetings with her advisors and the senate surely to follow. For although the Amurites were weary at the long war recently concluded against the Balseraphs, it was clear that a new war must be waged, a war to reclaim that which was lost.

OK, I didn't actually play any turns as I haven't had the time to investigate patch switching properly.

Immac, you fancy grabbing it.

If no-one can grab it for a few days, I'll have the patch switching resolved (one way or another) by Friday night.

I think i just played before Rex.... i should be next to last on the roster.
To be honest, i am involved in another game with an old patch and don't want to update until absolutely required.

Top Bottom