Fall From Heaven Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by doncdxx, Apr 11, 2013.

1. doncdxx

doncdxx Chieftain

I have figured out how to use game ranger and successfully set up an online game of FFH, unfortunately I only got one other person to play with me, but she and I confirmed that Gameranger worked for hours with no crashes, drops, OOS, or any problem of any kind.

The downside to gameranger is that no one was there interested in playing. Leading me to my questions.

1. Do many people still play this? I'd hate to feel alone on this.
    2. If a date & time were arranged, does any feel playing a multi-player game? Planned in advance like a party.

Gameranger had me nervous at first but all research I've done says it's safe, and so far I have had no problems with it.

2. Kiech

Kiech King

Realmsbeyond.net

Go to their forums, a multiplayer game seems to be ongoing there. Also Tasnuke hosts some games from this forum.

3. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

realmsbeyond.net is easily the biggest FFH2 MP site, but it should be noted that the primary play method is PBEM.
    Still if you post in this thread you can normally get a couple of people for a game.

Erebus in the Balance is also generally played in MP, both for the balancing and the lack of some of the crashes.

4. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Prince

Hello. I am seaking players to play FFH2, with mods (like Master of Mana or Erebus in Balance or others) in realtime (not PBEM).

I know few others players who want to play too.

I like duell or 2V2, 3V3 etc.

If you are interest, please post here and add my Skype : "joffreygaultier".

5. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I may be able to do some MP starting next week :)

6. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Prince

Up for the same proposition. You, every player of FFH2, really should try FFH2 or Master of Mana or Erebus in the Balance, in multiplayer. :)

7. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I may be able to play it, I still play it from time to time and MP is always great.

8. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

i am now available for MP

9. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

my nickname is KeeperOT7Keys in gameranger, from Turkey, I'm looking for somebody who plays ffh2 via gameranger; can I join if there's a group or something like that?

10. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

ey KeeperOT7Keys,

I do have Gameranger, I know it will now recognize Naval AI mod, not sure if it recognizes ErebusintheBalance or other modmods ....

but I know that it recognizes base FFH2 and by association the Naval AI mod. I don't think I have the latest patch yet, but for all intents and purposes I have replaced my base FFH2 with Naval AI mod (as it is basically the same thing, limited comp space, etc)

Just let me know what days and times you would be available, as I think Aline, Anw, and possibly Folket might be able to play a game or several before the summer is over.

11. KeeperOT7Keys

I can be online in everytime :p my main goal of the summer is playing this mod with multiplayer and for this I can change my sleep hours

12. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

ah ok then ^_^

13. KeeperOT7Keys

I can't send messages in forum, so I sent an e-mail

14. Magnadine

Magnadine Chieftain

Ah, ok.. we try a game with KeeperOT7Keys - after several tryings all works.. if smbdy want to play - add me in ranger NVadim.

15. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Prince

Up.

I am back !

16. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Hey, I'm on Game Ranger, I think I saw Keeper of the 7 Keys come online briefly?

17. KeeperOT7Keys

yes I'm on the gameranger most of the time, :p we played a game with NVadim - magnadine
    he is calabim and I'm svartalfar a co-op game against ai with naval ai mod, and what is your nickname? so I can add you :p
    edit:i found a guy ''tasunke horselord'' (real name :p) is that you?

18. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Yes, Tasunke Horselord is me ;)

I guess I should have kept my game ranger on for longer xD

19. ivanbin

ivanbin Chieftain

This is still alive? Mother of god... :crazyeye:

20. chatter4500

chatter4500 Chieftain

Hello to all who still play this wonderful game,

I have two friends who, along with myself, play FFH2 multiplayer. One of my friends started modding the mod sometime last year. He added a new desert/recon based civ and also made subtle changes to the original civs in an attempt to balance them. He and I have been playing co-op regularly for ~5 years. My other friend just joined us this week but is learning quickly.

If people are interested, we can download the base mod if others want to join us in a multiplayer game. If we can get a regular evening to play, we'd all be very interested. Additionally, I'll get my friend to share the mod mod with anyone who wants to play as desert assassins or play with a more balanced Calabim (seriously, those vamps are nasty). I think changes were made to the Khazad and a couple others as well; I'll ask again tonight.

Hope we can work something out! We all have GameRanger too.