Fall Update 2017 BUGS

Has anybody else noticed that AI civs no longer are forced to pick a Follower Belief when founding a religion? I still am forced to as the player... =/

Has anybody else noticed that AI civs no longer are forced to pick a Follower Belief when founding a religion? I still am forced to as the player... =/

No, but I've not actually played a game for more than 100 turns since the Fall '17 patch. In my last game, neighbouring Sumeria got a prophet but just kept him around without founding a religion :(

- City range attack panel is broken this patch
- Aztec AI players don't get Montezuma's unique ability (don't get combat strength bonuses for luxury resourses)
- There is no faith prodused icon by Lavra when religious units are selected as there is for Holy Site
- Wrong melee strenght is shown on unit panel for military and civilian units when hovering a civilian unit while a military unit is selected
- Combat panel doesn't show up when an apostile attacks a religious unit in a City Center or Encampment during the war between 2 civilizations

Last edited:
City range attack works fine for me. What do you mean by broken?

City range attack works fine for me. What do you mean by broken?
I'm talking about a panel that appears when you hover a unit you want to attack. This panel is missing this patch and there is a line on the bottom of the screen instead of this.

I'm talking about a panel that appears when you hover a unit you want to attack. This panel is missing this patch and there is a line on the bottom of the screen instead of this.

You mean the combat preview isn't showing up? Mine is.

Yes, I can't see combat preview on city range attack. A white line on the bottom of the screen shows up right after pressing city range attack button. I've found streams whith this issue and without it.

- 57:25 - no issue

- 2:29:02 - issue

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185436759 - 01:01:03 - issue

Last edited:
Yes you can. I've edited my post from "tries to attack" to "attacks".

Yes you can. I've edited my post from "tries to attack" to "attacks".

Wow, that's a discovery. Has the AI been informed? :D Cause I've always supposed it safe to hide my weak religious units in a city when there's a threat of them being killed...

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember that before the seperate layer for religious units they were able to trigger tribal villages. Now they can't but someone forgot to tell the AI. Currently sailing around with privateers to pillage villages and a handful had an AI religious unit standing stil on them.

I think I saw a City-State unit take a village. Though only once. I moved in with my scout, he discovered a village, but a CS unit was standing on it. Next turn CS unit has moved, and there's no village.

However, nothing like this ever happened again even though I started watching closely... I wonder what went wrong that time.

Playing a few starts, is the valuation of city plots bugged? Not sure why but the city placement recommendation (I assume the AI uses these) seem to be less concerned with distance? Or is that just me. I do play on huge map so maybe that's why? I also reverted to the old starting position script, I am hoping that does not affect the AI selection.

I think it's always suggested me to put new cities like on the 4-th tile from the existing one, or what do you mean by 'less concerned with distance'?

I mean, the advisor is quick to suggest sites faraway, that is if I have scouted a good spot faraway. Seems the AI uses the same logic, so when they pick a spot for their 4th city, if the land is large and if they scouted more, then the city gets set to be far away even though acceptable spots are closer. So distance is less important it seems. I would think distance should play more of a role when picking the sites that's all.

Hi and thanks for the fall update; it fixed a lot of issues. Regrettably, I've encountered a critical bug: the AI player will under no circumstances declare war on me since the update. I kept taunting and pushing them through multiple games, and finally played an insane deity game where I pulled stupendously provocative moves against my neighbors (Rome and Germany) and ignored my military. It was mildly fun getting away with, but without the challenge it palls quickly.

Thanks for any help!
-kz

Umm, I don't know. Had this problem with the Summer update, but now they're attacking me all right.

Wow, that's a discovery. Has the AI been informed? :D Cause I've always supposed it safe to hide my weak religious units in a city when there's a threat of them being killed...
:) It's possible to attack religious units in City Centres and Encampments during the war only.
- And I think that it's also a bug and these districts shouldn't be safe for religious units in peacetime.

- Air Fighters can rebase to any city no matter what the distance between them. Distant cities aren't highlighted but still can be chosen for rebase
- Air Attack is possible while Air Fighters are deployed (I'm not sure if it's a bug but it's strange when air attack can be done not from base)
- If a player moves the world map whith the left mouse button while Air Attack button is chosen and then releases the left mouse button, air attack applies on that tile where the pointer is
- Air Attack is possible on any civilization's or city state's tile without declaring a war if your relationship are unfriendly or better
- Ranged Units can still attack twice when they have Expert Marksman promotion and made a move before an attack
- It's impossible to swap 2 close units when one of them has 0.5 movement points even if he needs 0.5 points to move to the destination tile
- If you train an army and research the technology with the new era unit of that Promotion Class the production in that city switches to this new era unit but to a single unit and not to an army

Last edited:
Top Bottom