1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Update 2017 BUGS

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by MaFiA ImPaLerZs, Oct 19, 2017.

1. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

I have noticed previously that when you save your game setup, it includes the map seeds, so that if you reload the configuration, you get exactly the same starting position each time. To get a new map seed, you need to start with a fresh setup or use the restart button. Does that help solve your problem?

Atlas627 likes this.
  2. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

minor issue: Indonesia obviously got Early Empire and kicked out my Longship. but the message is worded strangely. Shouldn't it be "Indonesia enforced..."? Or at least get rid of the article... just sayin' ;p
    Spoiler :

border enforcement.jpg

Attached Files:

3. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

I had problems where my game was crashing most of the time on startup, but not always. It seems to be working better after I unsubscribed from all mods that I wasn't using and deleted their empty folders in the Steam Workshop directory. I also removed all of the mod lists on the Additional Content menu. Not sure which change actually improved the problem. I have seen other people complain of some strange behavior that went away when they deleted the Civ directory from their My Games folder. It seems like previous state from earlier installations might be causing some weird glitches, but it's not very easy to debug. Deleting everything seems to be the quickest fix.

4. taulph88

taulph88 Chieftain

Sometimes. It seems to happen when I already have a long list of pins and I create a new one, I change icon and name all at once. It replaces the previous pin instead. I try other ways such as only changing icon first, or only adding text, but it still does that.

5. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

@taulph88, that sounds like it might be the old known bug. If you ever delete a pin other than the last one on the list, then the next pin you create will glitch the last one on the list. It's a pretty common thing when you have a long list of pins. My mod fixes that. So do the NQ and CQUI mods, but I think they're currently broken.

6. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

I will help you test it now that I've uploaded my latest map onto Steam.

Will you upload this mod to Steam? (Also it will be great to have the hotfix/reversion on Steam)

BTW I can't be bothered spending my weekend doing Firaxis work for them, for a product we paid for. Good on you though :goodjob:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  7. Mahasona

Mahasona Chieftain

Map Bug - chose Continents on start screen, got Pangea.

The save game info confirms it. No mods, standard everything.

8. oedali

oedali Chieftain

9. UglyBoy

UglyBoy Pseudo Impossible

I was waiting for a bit of feedback to check it was at least "working" before posting to steam. Since it seems to be the case I will try to put it up this evening.

As for fixing their bugs, it wasn't a highly time consuming thing, and it allowed me to play the game a bit over the weekend so it was worth it. I do think it is extraordinary that QA could miss something like this though.

Fall 2017 Start Position Fix 1.1 attempts to fix the changes Firaxis made in the Fall 2017 patch. I think it was fairly obvious what their mistake was, but there is every chance I misunderstood. If you try it I would be interested in whether the starts are better than Summer 2017, which they should be if Firaxis was making good changes.

Assignstartingplots Lua from v. 1.0.0.167 fixes the problem by simply reverting the script back to the Summer 2017 version. There are no issues with that.You potentially lose out if the changes Firaxis wanted to make in Fall 2017 were actually an improvement. But if you like the Summer 2017 starts better than the (fixed) Fall 2017 ones then this would be the one to go with.

BWS likes this.
  10. oedali

oedali Chieftain

Great, thanks. In that case I'll wait for you to post it to Steam workshop before giving it a try as I'm still in late stages of my first post-patch game. (which doesn't seem to have suffered from the bug, although one of the 3 continents does have mostly unsettled land w/ 3 CSs)

EDIT: Upon looking into the map more carefully, I noticed 2 pairs of AIs spawned super close to one another.. ouch. I'm sure to win the game anyway so I think I will start a new game now with your mod

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  11. UglyBoy

UglyBoy Pseudo Impossible

It is now uploaded to the Steam Workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1178781732

oedali likes this.
  12. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

Yep. Firaxis QA sucks. In fact I question their software engineering competency...even though it is a games company. Thank God they're not making healthcare software or OSes for airplanes cos then we'd be f*%ked.

I may've posted this already, but ICYMI i've found the Fall '17 Patch starts don't effect Island plates maps or archipelagos like Scrambled Southeast Asia. So it looks like they QA-ed Island Plates but forgot about land maps. The bigger the land map the worse.

Anyway, a big round of applause to all of us modding community for saving the day (and Firaxis) from total disaster :clap:

13. Cornflakes13

Cornflakes13 Chieftain

Aztec DLC seems to be bugged in the latest patch. I now have 2 copies listed under Additional Content. One one can be enabled at a time, and both give the same problem: With either one enabled I am able to select Montezuma when starting a new game. I'm using Create Game > Advanced Setup, keep all settings same, select Montezuma as my leader, and hit Start Game. The game setup screen remains visible for about 2 seconds after hitting Start Game, and in that brief period of time the leader selection which used to say Montezuma keeps his little face thumbnail but the text changes to "Invalid Option". After waiting for the game to load it starts with the entire map revealed with the AI autoplaying, the player civ did not generate. I'll try to include a screenshot, this is my first post though so hopefully it works.

14. peezartiste

peezartiste Chieftain

Well, after the car crash that was the fall update, I deleted all the mods from the mod folder and then uninstalled the game completely. I then did a new install from disc. When it was completed I found that all the mods were there again so obviously they are saved somewhere else, perhaps on Steam. Subsequently I started a game which still had the alert function not working. I also find that i usually start at the end of a small peninsula with another civ blocking any expansion out of it without going to war. I i do have a bit of room I am mobbed by barbs, sometimes up to 6 at a time.
    So i am going to assume the car crash as a write off and bin Civ 6.

15. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

You may have to delete all your mods in the Mods folder and subscribed mods and start again.

As for the damn start position bug - it really peeves me off. I was even able to play the game after the AI trade bug in the Summer '17 patch though it seemed a little unbalanced. But this bug is really jarring. I've played around with some of the modded patches but the only one I really trust to play RN is the reversion TBH.

What I've noticed in games with the Fall '17 patch is some AI get too far ahead at the expense of others who've been horked with isolated starts at the edges of maps in the best case scenario (water maps) :cringe:

16. Arjuna_Dave

Arjuna_Dave Chieftain

Re Can't Place Districts Bug. I have just trialed various combinations of mods and can confirm that the following five UI mods either ca\use the game to not start or end up with the user not being able to place a district. The errant mods are:
    • Better Trade Screen
    • Production Queue
    • NQ Enhanced User Interface Original Owner at a Glance for NQEUI
    • Simplified Gossip for NQEUI
    And I miss all of these. I do hope the designers for these work up a solution soon.

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I'm pretty sure that isn't the fault of the "car crash update." I mean, mods can mess things up. By definition you are doing things to the code that the developers aren't counting on you doing. You're opening up your PC and soldiering bits to the processor to get "better performance," and then wondering why they're not honoring the warranty and blaming the whole thing on Intel.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    BWS likes this.
  18. peezartiste

peezartiste Chieftain

Even though I said all the mods were back, before I started again, I disabled them all, and got the same problems. So it's not the mods to blame. And i never mentioned Intel.

19. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Better Trade Screen does not cause that problem for me, though it is not functioning 100% correctly. Production Queue is the mod that was preventing you from placing districts, but it has been updated and should no longer do that.

20. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

@peezartiste The game stores Steam Workshop mods outside of your user directory. If the mods “came back” after you deleted your user data, then you are probably seeing Steam Workshop mods. If you want to clean that out too, then unsubscribe from all mods and clean out SteamApps\workshop\content\289070 in your Steam installation – that’s the Civ 6 Steam Workshop storage.

Noble Zarkon likes this.