Fall Update 2017 BUGS

MaFiA ImPaLerZs

Chieftain
Right after downloading the fall update, i wanted to continue playing my Russia game, but the Civics pannel wouldn't open, i could not choose any Civics, i could not choose to build any Distric, the game was running very slow.
I have a few diffrent Mods form different people in my game.

What can i do?

Unfortunately, you are probably out of luck. Not only can any patch blow up a saved game from a prior game version (here, especially, given the changes to religion, among other things), but probably every mod got broken by the patch. One possibility is to wait (could be weeks) for those mods to be updated and try the saved game again. But there is no way to roll-back a game version to a prior version.

You just may want to start a new game. If so, I would recommend playing an unmodded game, until you have verification that each mod author has released a new version of their mod that is compliant with the new patch.

If you have problems playing even after disabling your existing mods (at the Additional Content tab), then try these instructions to remove all trace of those mods.

I just looked at many starts using various starting options and have noticed that the starting locations are bugged. The only mod I have installed is autoplay. The normal 5 hex buffer for CS to all civs and the 9 hex buffer between major civs is being ignored randomly. I made a copy of the files from the summer patch and I reverted to summer patch with the AssignStartingPlots file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Maps\Utility\AssignStartingPlots and it seems to have corrected the problem.

Autoplay doesn't affect start positions in any way.

On the other hand, YnAMP does affect them, and has it's own copy of AssignStartingPlots, I mean the one pre-patch, so the mod may be a temporary fix for that issue (it's heavily edited but can be used with normal options & the vanilla map scripts)

Can confirm the minimum distance between starting locations is being ignored, I started 6 games back to back and in 3 I had another major civilization original settler and thus capital 3-4 tiles away from mine. No mod installed.

Can someone share the file I need to correct the issue?

I just looked at many starts using various starting options and have noticed that the starting locations are bugged. The only mod I have installed is autoplay. The normal 5 hex buffer for CS to all civs and the 9 hex buffer between major civs is being ignored randomly. I made a copy of the files from the summer patch and I reverted to summer patch with the AssignStartingPlots file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Maps\Utility\AssignStartingPlots and it seems to have corrected the problem.
Trying the game with only autoplay to quickly reveal the map/start positions, I've also seen some occurrences of this problem, but not that much (some people seems to have it at every start)

I don't have the DLC, so had you noted if some civs (especially from the new DLC) were more affected than others ?

edit: ho, well, the game just give me that one for India, which should never happens knowing part of the code making the placement. And Sparta is only at 4 tiles from a CS too.

_nice_start.jpg

Last edited:
Completely random as far as I can tell. The more civs you add to a map the more often it occurs, but still occurs at standard civ per map numbers. I've seen major civs start 3 hexes apart several times on an 8/12 standard size map.

Can you upload your lua file so people can download it? All you have to do is go on a website like this one http://dropcanvas.com/ manually drop your file on the page and then share the link here, takes 3 seconds.

The production options for religious buildings is allows all buildings. The production queue acts like it wants allow queued builds but the are hidden.

I can no longer select a location for districts. Brings up the tile options but can't select a tile.

Starting locations of both Civs and City-States are heavily bugged. Civ settlers spawn next to natural wonder (too OP?), while CS settlers spawn within 2 tiles, I used the "reveal all" command to see all the map.

Attachments

• 20171019200245_1.jpg
    20171019200245_1.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 20171019200418_1.jpg
    20171019200418_1.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 309
  • quicksave.Civ6Save
    550.4 KB · Views: 120
I found I cannot build or upgrade to Jongs as Indonesia. I am playing one of my own maps - Scrambled Southeast Asia but IDK how that could be causing a problem :(

(You do need to install the map/mod even though it is a map script and serves no purpose after your first turn).

UPDATE: Not a bug. Jongs are on the civic tree. Mercenaries.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0174.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:

We at Civplayers have reported this to Firaxis...sadly your solution won't work in MP....

CS

We at Civplayers have reported this to Firaxis...sadly your solution won't work in MP....

CS
You can't use mods as a mp rule or is there another problem preventing the use of the old file in a mod? (or ynamp)

You can't use mods as a mp rule or is there another problem preventing the use of the old file in a mod? (or ynamp)

Yes you could make a mod out of it, but you can't just change the core files in MP without causing tonnes of desyncs

CS

Just did s quick diff, seems they added some safety code to assign a plot when the system could not based on a number of rules. But the backup plots seem to be any plot.

Top Bottom