Fallout 3

No, I haven't, anyone tried it? It seems like it's completely outside of the actual game world though, which is disappointing I guess. I mean, it seems to be described as an adventure in a simulator of the Anchorage war, I guess you go in and out of the simulator, you see all these cool weapons from these days, but you can't bring them out... I may be mistaken.

theres a bit of a quest in the normal game world and you can get hold of some of the new stuff after the simulation

Which was stupid, they killed his character for me. I had a hard time not skipping through his dialogue because they killed his character so much.
It is as logical as having mutants (where do the new ones come from?!!!) hop all the way from California to DC.

Oh god, I just realised you have to PAY for the Downloadable content ON THE PC. Oh no, going down the damned way of the consoles. I can't believe this. You have to use Game for Windows LIVE to buy these ******ed "Microsoft points", 800 of them or something. They didn't do that for Mass Effect PC version, they didn't charge for the new maps in Call of Duty 4 on the PC version. No. Just no. Don't do that to us.

What's worse is when some guy comes in and says "Hey, we pay for it on the consoles so it's just fair that you should be paying for it on the PC too". No, you don't understand, you shouldn't be waving the flag of "make them all pay because I'm paying", you should be waving the "I don't want to pay because they're not paying and nobody should have to pay for this" flag. "People work for money" is not a good option either. Jeezus, I'm not playing an MMORPG here.

They're acting as if releasing interesting content for their game is not part of "maintaining and promoting the lifetime of their product" thing that you expect when you first buy the product. Screw this.

They charged anywhere from 99c to $2.99 for the "Official Mods" for Oblivion as well.

They were not really all that great anyways, fan made content was way better.

No idea what they are adding to F3 though.

Downloadable content ARE expansion packs really... They are just obtained by a different method. (And usually cost more too. :mad:)

After playing through the game once and briefly starting again a couple of times, I was questioning getting the downloadable stuff if it made significant improvements to the gameplay, but having to pay for it is a joke. This game will remain unplayed.

I wouldnt mind paying for ten bucks worth of content, problem is, its not.

The DLC is called Operation: Anchorage. Basically, the gist is you go back in time and help the US liberate Alaska. This is set before the bombs fell and before the Fallout world as we know it. Included with the DLC is new equipment, quests, Acheivements for 360 owners, and new freinds and enemies. I'm debating weather to buy the pack... it seems a little over-priced but Fallout is a great game and I'd like it expanded.

The DLC is called Operation: Anchorage. Basically, the gist is you go back in time and help the US liberate Alaska. This is set before the bombs fell and before the Fallout world as we know it. Included with the DLC is new equipment, quests, Acheivements for 360 owners, and new freinds and enemies. I'm debating weather to buy the pack... it seems a little over-priced but Fallout is a great game and I'd like it expanded.
:wow: :wow: :dubious: :twitch: :dubious: :faint:

I would have settled for another time cave.... this simulation business is a bit over-stretched.

Explain please.

There was a time-wrap random event in F2. It was cool, it is a known story. From my perspective a "simulation" does not addanything new to the game world. Illusion inside of an illusion? I'd rather "travel" to the past than simulate the past from the future. At least I'd be able to explain how this brand new Gauss rifle got into my bag.

Chuckchi got it rite, its still not worth ten bucks, i got it done in two hours.....

In my magical mystery world, a game should give me at least one hour of fun per 50 cents I invested in it. A 50$ brand new game should give me 100 hours of fun. Well, it used to be like that anyway, I played many games for more than 100 hours, like Oblivion, Morrowind, Diablo 1 and 2, Civilization series, even things like Mario Kart, console RPGs of the good old days... Some first-person shooters like Team Fortress 1-2, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty 4...

Fallout 3 seems to have fallen just short but I played it for a respectable 70-80 hours I think. So it was good in relation to the rest of the games. I was considering getting Mirror's Edge, since it seemed to be revolutionary in certain ways, but I found out the game has about 5-6 hours of playtime value after which you're not sure you still want to play it again. So 50$ for that much time, no. Bye.

8$ for 2 hours is far off the mark, hehe.

There's someone I know who says that a game shouldn't be longer than 10 hours, even if the game costs £40. He says if a game is longer than that, you won't have the time to complete it and play other games.

Top Bottom