Alpha5.5 Release! (18/12/2015)
PatchBoy1000 Released (07/11/2015)
Alpha5 Release! (09/02/2015)
Alpha4 Release! (05/05/2014)
A4 PatchA Release! (21/05/2014)
A4 PatchB Release! (28/05/2014)

Fallout: Tame the Wastes Forum

Eye Candy and Download At ModDB

hmm I am having trouble getting screenshots... I used to be able to print screen, but now it is just giving me shots of my desktop!! DOH!

Even if you are having trouble getting screenshots captured to the clipboard, there should be a folder in your documents\my games\BTS folder. In fact, I often forget about this folder, and periodically have to clean it out as I only use the clipboard.

A New Alpha Release:
A Post Apocalyptic Mod Based on the Fallout Series of Games (Mainly 1, 2 and Tactics, FPS I spit on you! :p)

Lol
New Vegas is supposed to be quite good, and in the spirit of Fallout 1 in terms of questing and general making sense and such

Congratz to the release, btw. I just tried it but couldn't play for very long, too tired right now, will continue.

Lol
New Vegas is supposed to be quite good, and in the spirit of Fallout 1 in terms of questing and general making sense and such

Congratz to the release, btw. I just tried it but couldn't play for very long, too tired right now, will continue.

cool ook forward to your feedback :).

Yeah I was jsut gutted that they changed to FPS, haven't tried Vegas... but the FPS broke my heart!

So... what is this merger u speak of good man?

The file doesn't download (I get errors with IE (stops immediately), and FF downloads a corrupted file).

corrupted how?

Is it downloading the whole thing, should be around 141mb

I am downloading now with firefox to check it..

which download link did you use? top or bottom on main page? There should be no difference, but just checking incase I messed up one of the urls or something..

the download seems to be ok for me on firefox? can you give me any more info? Did you get to the freefilehosting.net site?

Top of the page, from freefilehosting. IE stops immediately or at ~90KB, FF stops at ~90MB (the .rar opens, but is of course "incomplete", my term of corrupted was a poor choice of words).

I normally try to download with IEpro when I do d/l with IE, but IEpro won't even touch it.

EDIT---I'm pretty sure it's the server's fault, not the file, as I finally got it to work with FF. IE still vomits, though.

cool ook forward to your feedback :).

Yeah I was jsut gutted that they changed to FPS, haven't tried Vegas... but the FPS broke my heart!

I didn't get much time to play lately but a little bit of feedback should be possible ;).

I played a game, normal map since, Prince difficulty, fairly standard options (maybe I should try raging barbs, this could fit the setting very well). The game diced rolled the Enclave for me to play.

• The game was very quiet, nations expanded but there was little trading, talking or war faring going on between civs.
  • It seemed very easy (usually I find Prince/King quite well balanced), without having an especially large or resourceful empire, I easily got a tech lead. I even neglected researching and building schools for the most part of the game. But I suppose that there is a teching advantage for the Enclave, it just seemed quite large in my game.
  • The game gets over very quickly, I think I played on normal speed. But what I mean is that I'm maybe around halfway through the tech tree and the game already tells me that there are only 80 turns left to play.
  • I don't know if this is intentional but I very very early was able to research the tech that unlocked the Free Speach civic for me, which is the most advanced civic in its category. Shouldn't this come at a later stage ?
  • Some Fallout background music would really help the atmosphere, although I don't know if that would give any legal issues.
  • Just from playing the Enclave it felt like the selection of units (at least the ones I used so far) was quite good and balanced. But as I said, nobody war'ed on me so I could barely test my units in action and I only got around halfway through the tech tree so I cannot tell much about military balance so far.
  • Just lore-wise, I think having a Raider-state is a little bit odd, I always thought of them of less organized (and totally out of their minds regarding to fallout3 ¬_¬). But maybe this point is invalid because in Fallout never really were any 'states' as such, just smaller groups based on a single city or location. Maybe one just needs to assume a different scope for this mod.
  • I really liked the mechanic of putting up recycling centers is city ruines for increased output. Maybe they're a bit too strong in their bonus as city ruines occured quite often for me. But they are a nice concept.

Overall I really like that a mod like this is being done, nice to see some Fallout-lore brought to Civ4.
There could be more to the list above (positive and negative) but this was what came to my mind so far.

Keep it up, this looks promising :goodjob:

What just came to my mind is the question whether you want to build more of a Fallout-flavored-Civ4 or whether you are planning some deep Fallout-like mechanics, totally messing with the usual gameplay. Because if it's the latter case some ideas would come to my mind (although I'm not sure how well they would work out).

If I'm not mistaken than in Fallout 1 there where mostly singular factions which occupied mostly an area around their 'home' and otherwise maintained smaller outposts at best, like the BoS or Enclave. Of course, Raider- oder Slaver-like groups where everywhere but not necessarily as a united faction.
I wonder if it would be fun to play if a mod would replicate this kind of setting. I'm especially thinking of the Centaur-Race civs in the Master of Mana (or FFH-Mod in general), which have a capital city but get only outposts beyond that, i.e. cities of size 1 without cultural development. This sounds like a mechanic suitable to the BoS, for example.
Others, like the NCR or new Reno, might get only a capital and nothing beyond that. Of course, by taking away the expansion mechanic from civ, there would need to be some replacement so that it doesn't get boring to play.
(Also it's again a matter of the timeline scope. Over several decades I could see factions like the NCR spanning over multiple full-fledged cities, but if the timeline of the game would be limited to a shorter period the above description could even make sense.)

Another thing that seems resonable to me would be to have two lines of teching:
  • A scavenging line for retrieving old techs or maybe some enhanced tech-stealing-from-others (the spy mechanics are a little clumsy in civ4 as they are right now).
  • A research line in the traditional sense of civ4 which will give you high-tech stuff like energy weapons.
I must admit that I'm not sure atm whether the BoS researched its high-tech stuff itself or whether they only preserved it from before the war.
One way or the other, I would find it a bit odd if Raiders or Tribals would be the first to research power armor or plasma rifles before the BoS or Enclave could. But then again, giving those two too much of a head start would create a huge balancing problem.

Just some musings, I don't know what you're long-term intentions are for your mod :)
I will also try the newer version of it soon, I noticed that there was something new but was still in the middle of the current game and didn't want to drop it right in the middle.

Top Bottom