Fallout

Super Mutant

Chieftain
Do we have any Fall:nuke:ut Fanatics here??? :scan: (not Tactics)

Here :D
Fallout 2 = best RPG ever for any system! Closely followed by Fallout 1 :goodjob:

I was kinda dissapointed by FT because it could have been a great game. Jagged Alliance style gameplay with Fallout style character creation & delevopement... but the outcome was kinda dissapointing :/

kittenOFchaos rating of Fallout and Fallout 2 = dire...hell Twilight 2000 was a better RPG!

Fallout 1 was fun, but a friend has my nr. 2, so I havn't played it yet. He said it was the same only better, though.

When I pick up Fallout again, I'll go with a non-brute char.

Yep, here I am!

I've just been told that, actually Fallout was supposed to use a altered rule based on D&D licence. Unfortunately (or fortunately, rather), the licence was withdrawn at the last month of the game development. Then, the game designers had to invent a totally new system and rule. They delayed the game for 1 year. They created all the rules from A to Z. And finally I think it was better like that. If they kept using the D&D rules, it surely wouldn't be so great. They invented something that became one of the best rule for computer based RPG, IMHO. In only 1 year... Outstanding, isn't it?

Originally posted by GenghisK
I've just been told that, actually Fallout was supposed to use a altered rule based on D&D licence. Unfortunately (or fortunately, rather), the licence was withdrawn at the last month of the game development. Then, the game designers had to invent a totally new system and rule. They delayed the game for 1 year. They created all the rules from A to Z. And finally I think it was better like that. If they kept using the D&D rules, it surely wouldn't be so great. They invented something that became one of the best rule for computer based RPG, IMHO. In only 1 year... Outstanding, isn't it?

Yes, the rules are outstanding. Fallout 1 and 2 are outstanding, and I'd like to see Fallout 3 also, not that Fallout Tactics fiasco.

A Fallout 3 would be nice. The first two were great games. But I wonder what the story would be like. I would not want it to be all too repetitive.

Yes, the story is probably the hardest thing to accoplish in such project. Since they already invented two terrific stories, they'd have to invent something completely new (and at the same quality level, too) to keep up with the series and prevent it to become too repetitive.

The rest of the game would be basically larger world, better graphics and resolution, more equipment, more side-stories, etc.

One thing is sure, however. They can´t really go for the FEV again. At least I would be kind of dissapointed if they did. As for the rest, more of the same thing that made the previous games so good would be more than enough for me. :)

I agree, no more FEV, and no more "the robots are crazy, and they want to dominate the world now" like the FT story. The robots stuff is just too boring and lack creativity.

Wise words. :)

They can´t go much further into the future either, since the post-nuclear environment is what made Fallout so great. And they would do well to avoid bringing up more mutants. So what is left? Tricky situation, I must say.:)

Top Bottom